Fremont expansion and information/news about Fremont Brewing

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shnsajax

shnsajax Disciple (320) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho
    Trader

Drank my one and only Brew 1000 this past weekend, is there any word of a new barleywine coming out this year?

Lush should be here I think next week, ready to try that.

NathanA likes this.
  2. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,073) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Brew 2000 is resting in a barrel apparently.

3. NWer

NWer Crusader (791) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

I already set out my chair.

4. motherofgod

motherofgod Initiate (62) Apr 19, 2016 Washington
    Trader

IIRC they are Westland peated barrels.

5. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2015 Washington

Then you surely noticed how I'd re-installed that erstwhile UBG-favorite (and lawsuit just waiting to happen), the spring-mounted 'rocking bike,' right outside the door as my permanent First Chair for all future Fremont releases.

I put those bolts down deep, too. That thing isn't going anywhere this time.:slight_smile:

jtirpak22, NWer, ballardbeer and 3 others like this.
  6. distantmantra

Trader

Hey now. Numerous incriminating photos would suggest that I lay claim to the rocking bike in the past, present and future.

NWer, sharpski and Texwild like this.
  7. EdwardAbbey

Post one here and/or make it your avatar for a week, and I'll consider turning the keys over to you.:wink:

8. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,937) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

I'm not particularly squeamish, but, if someone could remove the mental images created by the previous three posts, that'd be great. Thanks.

Ninjakillzu and distantmantra like this.
  9. Ninjakillzu

Ninjakillzu Disciple (359) Oct 5, 2015 Washington

...And just how exactly did you "lay claim" to the rocking bike? :rolling_eyes:

BuckeyeOne and beertunes like this.
  10. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,937) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I said "remove" the images, not "reinforce" them!!!!!!!!

Ninjakillzu, NWer and sharpski like this.
  11. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (176) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

i thought the bolts were just for show.

Ninjakillzu and EdwardAbbey like this.
  12. derftron

derftron Disciple (369) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

I still have one Brew 1000. I see it every other day in my cellar. The urge to drink it is growing

On the topic of barleywines. Belmont STation was selling bottles of Deal with the Devil. The corked and caged verson (batch 1? Batch 2?) was on sale for $125 and the more recent version was on sale for $75.

On one hand, I drank my remaining DWTD on New Years Eve and it was fantastic. On the other had, those are APEX-like mark ups that I will never support

13. drone

drone Disciple (377) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Wasn't the latest batch $50 at the brewery?

14. itracy63

itracy63 Devotee (409) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

For simplicity's sake, corked and caged is batch 1. (Technically it's batch 2, the first batch was draft only in Alaska and a few festivals, Brouwers being one, I believe)

sharpski likes this.
  15. EdwardAbbey

As a former lawyer, Texwild may have seen whatever fasteners there were as a means to limit liability/damages in the event of the inevitable. Then again, the fact that he thought it was a good idea to install such a hazardous, if delightful, contraption in an asphalt beer garden in the first place leads me to believe he’d divested himself of that parochial way of thinking some time before.:slight_smile:

16. itracy63

itracy63 Devotee (409) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

The last batch was actually some batch 1 that sat in a whiskey barrel for a couple extra years. I think only about 100 bottles were sold, I guess that's the reason for the $50 price tag.

drone likes this.
  17. derftron

the latest in Oregon was $40 if I remember correctly (but my memory is shit so maybe $50?) that was a year and a half ago as I dont think any bottles of the LATEST-LATEST made it to Oregon. so 50% markup for 18 months. Look they are a business and Im sure somebody will buy them, but it sure as hell wont be me

kemoarps likes this.
  18. derftron

Had Lush yesterday. Really liked it. One of the better IPAs ive had in a while

shelby415, kemoarps, vurt and 3 others like this.
  19. distantmantra

Trader

That Three Matts is mighty tasty. Sure warmed me up after five mile run in the cold this morning.

20. drone

drone Disciple (377) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Phantom Chair gets better with age; the herbaceousness tames itself and the adjective-laden juice bomb summary dominates. Still maintains that rich, piney back bone though. Doesn't say on the can, but I wonder if this is dry hopped at all? Wish I restrained myself and kept a can to see what it's like after a month or so.

kemoarps likes this.
  21. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (266) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Chuck's GW still had a dozen 4-packs as of yesterday morning. Not sure if they're still there...

drone likes this.
  22. kemoarps

kemoarps Poo-Bah (1,782) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

The UBG is also still flush with cans if your science needs a little more of a nudge.

drone likes this.
  23. nerdboy19

nerdboy19 Aspirant (248) Sep 20, 2015 Korea (South)
    Trader

Any place I can try Fremont's KDS / BBOMB and variants? I know Beer Junction has them on tap right now...but I'm afraid of them running out, so I wanted to make some back-up places. Thanks!

24. stillill

stillill Initiate (48) Mar 6, 2016 Washington

Yes, there are a few

25. Vivified

Vivified Initiate (187) Jul 9, 2014 California

This is incredibly helpful

26. EdwardAbbey

In this particular instance, you should know it's actually above par.

27. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (362) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

Use Untappd if you're not already using it. Easy way to find if and where a certain beer is on tap nearby.

ballardbeer likes this.
  28. distantmantra

Trader

Also download the Brew Notice app. It's super up to date. I think it's better for actually finding stuff on tap than Untappd.

29. nerdboy19

Trader

Thanks a lot guys! I used BeerMenus when I was traveling the east coast, but it seemed they use lots of different programs in west coast so couldnt find one.

30. distantmantra

Trader

Brew Notice is really comprehensive in both Seattle and Portland. Doesa good job in Bend and both Vancouvers as well.

boralyl, sharpski and APBrewNotice like this.
  31. nerdboy19

Trader

Damn the app is banned to foreigners. Well I can still see the tap list on the home page...Thanks a lot.

32. distantmantra

Trader

No need to look at it until you get here, cause you'll obsess over beers that will be long gone before you're in Seattle.

33. zestd

zestd Disciple (344) Jan 18, 2013 Idaho

On a whim, I bought a canned sixer of Cowiche at a local bottle shop. It's been refrigerated as far as I know (since release like 4 months ago they've been there).

It's held up pretty well but with more particulates/floaties. Worth the clearance 8.99.

beertunes, distantmantra and sharpski like this.
  34. APBrewNotice

APBrewNotice Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2015 Oregon

Yea we currently have the app available in the US and Canada. Haven't exactly had a huge demand for anywhere else...

But hopefully the website can do the trick for now!

Texwild likes this.
  35. Stardusthotel83

Stardusthotel83 Initiate (199) Mar 19, 2016 Washington
    Trader

Anyone else here miss 3Matts? Fremont is just about the only brewery I like and I had no idea what this was until I saw people trading it. They didn't post a peep about that I could find on Facebook.

Anyone know a better place to look for their upcoming beers?

36. distantmantra

Trader

It was made for a Fremont dinner at Toronado last weekend that was advertised widely on Facebook and Instagram. The keg last through Sunday, really good beer.

37. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,375) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Society Trader

With all due respect and affection for Fremont, you, sir, need to get out and about more.

38. EdwardAbbey

I'd have preferred not knowing that some people were trading away their 3 Matts bottle(s). Next time, could you please refrain from posting that kind of information here? Cheers...

NathanA likes this.
  39. Stardusthotel83

Stardusthotel83 Initiate (199) Mar 19, 2016 Washington
    Trader

40. NathanA

NathanA Initiate (60) Sep 26, 2015 Idaho
    Trader

Hey @APBrewNotice, this is a bit thread off-topic (my apologies), but since you're here, any plans to expand coverage to Spokane and surrounding areas?

Thanks!

-- Nathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.