From Baltimore to DC -- What Bottle Shops to Hit?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by heystevec, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heystevec

heystevec Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Maryland

Ill be in DC for work Saturday AM (8:30-9ish) with my car and I want to grab some beers. This isn't a whale hunting expedition, I just want to grab a handful of the tastiest non-MD accessible beers -- like Bells, DC Brau (tough find in Bmore), Founders, Great Lakes, etc.

Is the Whole Foods on P st my best bet to get this accomplished early on a Saturday?

Cheers in advance for the assistance DC peeps

2. thecraftbeergurudotcom

thecraftbeergurudotcom Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2013 California

Yup. Though, their beer section is taped off early in the morning. Or, so it has been in my experience. Someone with more knowledge may chime in, or you may wish to call first (if that is the only time you will be able to visit).

3. heystevec

I was worried about the timing. Is 10am the kick off time in DC for bottle shops to open? Might have to juggle somethings around ...

4. DRBiser

DRBiser Initiate (0) May 4, 2012 Maryland

The growler fill station at DC Brau opens at noon on Saturday so it may be worth your while to try to hang around if you want to pop your OTWOA cherry! I know at least the Whole Foods in NoVA all open up at 8am so you could hit them up for some of the DC Brau flagship beers (don't expect to find cans of OTWOA there), though i'm not sure when they start selling beer -- would presume similar laws as DC. Think the calling option is your best bet.

5. aandresen

aandresen Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2009 Arizona
    Trader

Are there any cans of otwoa around? Does DC Brau have any? I am looking to stop there Sat. As well.

6. DoctorSuds

DoctorSuds Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2013 Maryland

Posted on DC Brau's FB page yesterday "There will be fresh OTWOA (canned tomorrow) for sale on Saturday at Growler Hours 12-4pm! Merry Christmas everyone!"

heystevec likes this.
  7. ArlVABeerGuy

ArlVABeerGuy Crusader (499) Feb 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Whole Foods P St. starts selling beer at 9 am per DC law. Most other places open anywhere from 9:30-12, but IMHO P St. is now the best bottle shop in DC anyway.

heystevec likes this.
  8. heystevec

Whole Foods was spot on - got some Founders, Bells, and Great Lakes stuff

DC Brau - total OTWOA homerun! 12/27 label :drooooool:

cheers guys!

DRBiser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.