From Maryland, visiting OBX...what beers should I look for?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Lucular, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucular

Lucular Poo-Bah (4,497) Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

I'll be in the OBX next week on the 4WD beach north of Corolla. What beers should I be looking for that I can't get in MD? Are there any good bottle shops?

2. McAndrew

McAndrew Disciple (389) Jun 12, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

chips may be your best bet on bottle shops. And extremely overpriced. Outer Banks Brewing station is solid. Also I think a shop called Trio isn't half bad. Chances are slim that you'll find wicked weed or NoDa. My suggestion is to stop in VA before heading down to OBX. Good luck & have fun.

3. JWQ

JWQ Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

Trio - beer wine and cheese shop had Westbrook when i was there last week. Goes, IPA and One Claw

The Weeping Radish IPA was good. Do yourself a favor and don't stop at Full Moon Cafe and Brewery

4. KRubes

KRubes Aspirant (299) Sep 7, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

I actually enjoyed FMC. They had some solid beers. Nice location if you're into history and a small waterfront town. But it might be out of your way coming from MD.

OBBS is a great stop in Kill Devil Hills. They can their LemonGrass Wheat Ale.

5. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,321) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

You will literally be on the edge of the earth. I would recommend provisioning as much as possible in advance.

KhakCane and Lucular like this.
  6. Lucular

Lucular Poo-Bah (4,497) Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

Unfortunately I am asking primarily for the purposes of bringing beer back to MD. I will be staying with my parents who are non-drinkers and who wouldn't appreciate my wife and I drinking around my younger siblings (all the way down to a 6-year-old). Any drinking will be limited to the bedroom - which isn't a bad location come to think of it...

7. montman

montman Devotee (434) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

8. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Virginia
    Deactivated

You can get Ska Brewing and apparently Westbrook (wasn't available when I was there a few weeks ago) in the OBX, neither are available in MD or VA. Other than that, you are probably better off stopping at a Total Wine or something in VA for a bigger selection and better pricing, there isn't much else on the OBX that you can't get in VA...maybe Foothills Jade??

9. montman

montman Devotee (434) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

SE VA has Jade, in fact I bought a bomber a week or so ago. But yeah apparently Westbrook finally starting showing up in the outer banks very recently and we do not have that.

10. oldn00b

oldn00b Savant (904) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia

http://seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.