FT: Rare 2015 | ISO: Bottle Logic

Discussion in '$4$' started by pumpkinsmasher, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pumpkinsmasher

pumpkinsmasher Initiate (172) Nov 12, 2013 New York
    Trader

FT: Rare 2015 (with box from original owner)
    ISO: Looking for 3 bottles from the list below in order of preference. This should be close $4$ but if I need to make a small add to get it lined up, I'm happy to do that.

Scatter Signal
    Details and Dialects
    Gap Year
    El Duende
    Equivalent Dose
    Transmit in Color

2. dlydilly

dlydilly Initiate (83) Dec 6, 2017 California
    Trader

I’m willing to do 2 bottles. Lmk.

3. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (471) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

The $4$ days on rare 15 are long gone. 2 bottles puts you more or less at $50 which is fair GL dlydilly hope he takes you up on it.

Affinity, dscott421 and dlydilly like this.
  4. gudbrande

gudbrande Zealot (527) Jul 10, 2009 Minnesota
    Society Trader

What do you mean by that? Rare is trading under $4$?

5. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Devotee (471) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

Rare when released was absurdly costly and that's back in 2015. If I recall in the $60-70 range. We got some markup here if it could be found but I've traded for it and traded it back so there's been a lot out there. I feel like a lot of people who have lots of BL stocked up have come across rare and don't want to pay the increased shipping just for Rare.

gudbrande likes this.
  6. gudbrande

gudbrande Zealot (527) Jul 10, 2009 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Yeah, that's about right on the original MSRP. I think it would at least hold $4$ now.
    There's also a lot of BL bottles out there. To your point, it might be easier to trade Rare for BL in person in CA, but BL bottles make their way around the country.
    Rare for BLx2 (maybe with a small plus on the BL side) or Rare+ for BLx3 seems reasonable to me. Kinda depends on which BL bottles are involved.

hopley and putonyourwalkingshoes like this.
  7. hopley

hopley Poo-Bah (1,905) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Totally agree with this - Rare was re-released last year and was going for between $75 - $100 in the Boston area. BL beers now are easier to find now than ever, just like many other beers, but that’s not the point. Offering a Rare at $for$ is a fair trade however you cut it - it’s an extremely hard beer to find, its every bit as good as the ratings suggest, and if you bought it for the egregiously marked up price of $100 at Total Wine and want that much in BL beers for it - you should hold out for it to get it IMO. Having said that, I wouldn’t take one Rare over 3 or 4 FO’s...!!

8. SagittariusA

SagittariusA Initiate (181) Jan 23, 2017 Missouri
    Trader

Bullshit. I have an OG bottle box with $69.99 tag still on it. This is a $4$ forum. This is close enough for those particular BL by far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.