Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Fullers Vintage Ale

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by brureview, Jun 18, 2013.

1. brureview

Just bought a bottle of Fuller's Vintage Ale 2012. I could buy another bottle for cellaring.
    How is it fresher?

2. mdfb79

Beer Trader

It is very good fresh, but I think this is one of those beers that goes from a good beer to a great beer with some time on it. Got to have a 2004 vintage in mid-2010 and it was fantastic; since then I have put 1-2 bottles away every year to occasionally break out at various periods.

You're good either way but if you can, I'd get another bottle and forget about it for a few years; it actually gets even better IMO.

3. dgthrasher

Beer Trader

I opened a 1999 bottle recently (about two months ago) Still an excellent beer. I can't wait to open another old bottle.

4. diehl07

Beer Trader

I'm glad to hear that it gets that much better. I actually just bought and drank a 2011 vintage, and wasn't all that impressed. I think I might go grab another couple and sit them in the back of the cellar.

5. StaveHooks

I have a couple 2009's. I've seen some 2011's but I can't find any 2010's. Was there a shortage of 2010 distributed?

6. eatabagofbooger

Beer Trader

Huh... 2010 is the only vintage I see in my neck of the woods these days.

7. afrokaze

Beer Trader

Can't wait to open my 2009 next year, my buddy have it to me as a present but made me wait the full 5 years it recommendsnon the box.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe