Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter Day 2015

Discussion in 'US - South' started by BlumBeer, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Florida

2. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2012 Florida

never heard of it...

3. basto

basto Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2014 Utah

How hard are Funky Buddha bottles to get... would consider the drive down if it wasn't as uncertain as some of the CCB releases.

4. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

I don't know the details, but last year they released a good number of bottles and I think just about everyone who was in line when they started selling got their allocation. That sound right with what others experienced?

5. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (427) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

Yeah, I think allocation was fine, the whole event was handled better than any other bottle release I've been to. Get in line, buy your wristband and either 1(who does that?) or 2 bottles. Come back later, pick up bottles. Enjoy some great beers on tap and timed releases, in between.

I think I got in line last year, at 9:45 AM or so, for the 11 AM opening.

urielxvi likes this.
  6. Cory-WC

Cory-WC Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 Florida

I had a great time at the event last year. Like Circleo said, myself and my girlfriend bought our wristbands that got you up to two bottles. then you got to wander around to all the food trucks and beer taps. They had timed releases, but MBCP was available on tap all day if I remember correctly. They had trucks outside that were serving the beers so you didn't have to fight the crowds inside. Very easy to get a hold of something. People were also doing bottle shares in the parking from what I saw, altho I did not join in on that. I would love to this year if anyone sets something up!

My brother and his wife is flying down for the event, we're all looking forward to it. It really is a fun day.

basto likes this.
  7. Circleo12

Trader

On a slightly related note...just started trying to plan my trip (airfare, rental car, hotel), and...what the hell happened to rental car prices??

Last year, I paid ~100 total for Thurs-Sun compact car from Dollar at FLL. This year...they want $320 for the same car...did I miss a memo? Sheesh.

8. jeg518

jeg518 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2013 Florida

As soon as I get in touch with a couple ba's that helped last year, I'll set up a spreadsheet for the Mbcp share again. Let's see if we can out due last year!

halo3one, Chingringo, eseids and 5 others like this.
  9. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Initiate (93) Jul 30, 2014 Florida

Can only go off my one experience which was the bottle release for blueberry cobbler. Got there close to 6, waited in line for 20-30 minutes and got my bottles. Plenty of bottles to go around at least for that event. Heard good things about MBCP and since it's on a Saturday I'll definitely check it out.

10. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2012 Florida

Event ran smoothly last year despite the crowds. There were still plenty of bottles for sale by the evening.

The timed releases are usually gone within minutes though, and the tap room is always a bit crazy on these fest days. So set your expectations and be prepared to wait in lines. Personally I prefer the outside trucks which are never quite as busy.

Curious if they will allow bottle shares in the parking lot this year...

11. Circleo12

Trader

Airfare purchased. I'm not going to say they are the best airline ever, but it is damn hard to beat Allegiant when it comes to airfares....For a Thursday to Sunday trip, Upstate S.C. to FLL, $108 round trip.

See all of you again in 2015, for another MBCP fun time!

eseids, jmm380, jbrownfsu and 2 others like this.
  12. Zack_B

Zack_B Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2014 Florida

Just watch those baggage fees! Check that bag ahead of time and don't bring anything big carry on...(and by big I mean larger than a laptop bag)

13. BlumBeer

14. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Virginia

coughcoughIneedsomejoshcoughcough

BlumBeer likes this.
  15. Circleo12

Trader

Oh yeah, on Allegiant, you HAVE to pay ahead of time, else you'll get bent over on the fees. I use them everytime I come down for a weekend at the Buddha, so convenient, but you have to watch the extra fees for sure!

I always have to check bags because, well...I always bring beer back with me. A justifiable fee!

Zack_B likes this.
  16. Circleo12

Trader

More info released today, all of which is good..

4 bottle limit this year (awesome)

Initial Tap List:

Floridian Hefeweizen
    Hop Gun IPA
    Doc Brown Ale
    Fuhgeddaboudit Red Ale
    On Top Blonde
    Crusher Session IPA
    Small Axe Big IPA
    Tripel Lindy Belgian Tripel
    OP Porter
    Maple Bacon Coffee Porter
    Barrel-Aged Snowed In
    Last Snow Porter
    No Crusts Brown Ale
    Don't Tell Reece Double Brown Ale
    French Toast Double Brown Ale
    Jack Daniels Barrel-Aged Old Fashioned Ale
    Wide Awake It's Morning (Imperial MBCP)
    Pina Colada
    Fire In The Hole
    What is this Velvet? (Red Velvet Ale)
    Sweet Potato Casserole
    Nikolai Vorlauf Russian Imperial Stout
    Dread Pirate Ed Roberts Imperial Stout with Cherries, Coconut, and Chocolate
    Rich Uncle Pennybags Porter
    Sex Panther Black IPA
    German Chocolate Cake Brown Ale
    Ginger Lemongrass Wheat Ale
    Bob's Backyard Mango Habanero Wheat Ale
    Uncle Vucub's Imperial Stout with Chocolate, Chiles, and Cinnamon
    Stupid Sexy Flanders Ale
    Passionfruit Crusher Session IPA

zac16125, HeartofMiami and Hopzilla like this.
  17. Hopzilla

Hopzilla Initiate (103) Dec 4, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Yeah, because a JD Imperial MBCP would have made too much sense.

BMBCLT, Lare453 and BlumBeer like this.
  18. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (525) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

Good list. I hope they add some Berliners (passionfruit, key lime, raspberry) but other than that the initial list sounds awesome. We had a blast last year. Arrived 11:30 ish, got our 2 wristbands each and then drank till 3:30 pm or so, picked up bottles and left. This year I might take a taxi there and stay as long as I can handle it.

CaptainFleeker likes this.
  19. Circleo12

Trader

Yeah last year I got there a bit before 10 AM, got my wristband, drank inside until about 4 PM, left, came back from 7 until close....this year, I'm thinking maybe taxi myself, and some timely visits to the food trucks to help myself survive!

Above all else, I'm just ecstatic that SPC is on the tap list. I didn't get a chance to get a growler of it last month, so that alone is worth it to me. Oh, that and the 4 bottles of MBCP.

20. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

Any update on the bottle share list?

21. Stogies

Stogies Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2012 Florida

In on the bottle share as well. Anyone want to take the lead on a separate thread?

Heatwave33, urielxvi and gjoker321 like this.
  22. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

Last bottle share was great and nuts. Hope I can make it this time. If anyone needs a big guy to sleep on their couch let me know!

23. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (678) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I think @jeg518 is working on it. He did last year's with some help and that turned out quite well. I think he/we were waiting for additional guidance from FB if we could do it again, and if so, in the same spot. We were really out of everyone's way and I thought it went very smooth.

jmm380 and lionssoccer13 like this.
  24. Circleo12

Trader

Assuming that was the gigantaur bottle share that was happening on the other side of the side parking lot, opposite the line? It looked pretty impressive, for sure, and it was easy to spot @jmm380 over there, towering above the rest!

jmm380 likes this.
  25. Stogies

Stogies Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2012 Florida

Let's get the list goin' fellas.

jmm380 likes this.
  26. SP1_FLA

SP1_FLA Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Florida

Seeing how I made it last year and didn't have much to contribute to a bottle share, I plan on bringing Moby, Willy, and a Shamu this year. Can't Wait....

Anybody know what the growler release for the 16th is? If any?? It's just listed on their calendar as a special release???

cyrushire likes this.
  27. gjoker321

No idea but I will see you there!

28. BlumBeer

Just realized I have tickets to the Lion King that night....looks like Ill have to squeeze in a quick nap in the car if we start at 8am again like last year. @TheSamKuehn did anyone email John yet about bottle share? I know @jeg518 is in the process of moving, so im assuming its not the first thing on his mind. Lets get this shit goin! Been holding onto bottles for this since last year!

CaptainFleeker and gjoker321 like this.
  29. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (233) Feb 18, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

Where's the bottle share sign up at?

30. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (678) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I don't know if any one has emailed John yet. However, based on the FAQ's they released last month I think we are good:

Q: Can I bring bottles to share?

A: Bottle sharing will be permitted outside the Tap Room within the designated festival grounds, which includes the plaza out front of our building (all along the building) and on the west side of the building facing the tracks. Drinking any alcohol in the adjacent parking lots, neighborhoods, or in front of neighboring businesses will not be permitted. We reserve the right to remove anyone from our premises violating this policy.

Some people have asked about tailgating. The best spot for this will be in the east parking lot running “behind” our building. You may bring a tent, etc. but it cannot take up a parking spot – it must go behind your car. Please don’t impede traffic as well. No cooking devices (stoves, grills, etc.) will be permitted.

Might not be a bad idea to email John just to confirm. We were on the east side of the building last year and it worked great. It was nice and quiet over there in case you needed a break from the crowds/bands.

Hopzilla likes this.
  31. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2011 Florida

I'm down for the Bottle Share as well. And I'm sure @TBCHopscotch032 ad a few other of my buddies will be as well. Also if you need someone to start the list for the share and everything let me know. Cheers.

Lasering, eseids and Hopzilla like this.
  32. jeg518

@Heatwave33 and @BlumBeer if you guys could take point on organizing the share this year that would be a great help to me. Really busy between work and moving, thanks gentlemen.

33. BlumBeer

I'm down if you are, Lord of the North!

eseids likes this.
  34. jeg518

I of course will be there bright and early as well!

jmm380 and BlumBeer like this.
  35. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2011 Florida

Yeah LET'S DO THIS!

jmm380 and BlumBeer like this.
  36. BlumBeer

mxracercam likes this.
  37. gjoker321

Holy Snaptards @BlumBeer! Coming out with some big guns right out of the gate!?!

#37 gjoker321, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    mxracercam likes this.
  38. gjoker321

39. BlumBeer

It should be open for anyone to edit...gotta use a computer, doesn't work from the phone

40. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (233) Feb 18, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

I'm having trouble adding my info to this. How do I join?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.