Funky Buddha to distribute beers statewide when brewery opens June 1

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by BAstoutsNsours, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Florida

2. flag8r

flag8r Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2009 Florida

Awesome news. Only had at a festival this year, but the stuff was amazing. Good to hear I don't have to travel down to the current hooka lounge/brewery to try again.

3. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas

What's the story with growlers in Florida right now anyways? Are they gonna have to sell 32oz and 1 gallon growlers and no 64oz ones? Is that ridiculous law still around?

4. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Aspirant (200) Aug 10, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

No way I am going to miss the opening party at Oakland Park. Hope to see some fellow BA's there.

dachshunddude86 and Heatwave33 like this.
  5. toofdoc

toofdoc Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2011 New Mexico
    Beer Trader

Anyone down down for an opening party bottle share? Rob care to organize? If not I could take the helm. I think we would have to run it by the Buddha folk first...

6. toofdoc

Beer Trader

Also, does anyone think they will do a little party for founders members before the grand opening?

7. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Florida

I would love to come down for that. Not my turf down there so if you wanted to organize that would be cool. I'm about %80 at the moment.

8. Lasering

Lasering Disciple (301) Mar 19, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Awesome! The only time I've had their brews has been at pegs.

9. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Aspirant (200) Aug 10, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

I am down with a bottle share, have not gotten any word from FB on any Founders Club events.

10. toofdoc

Beer Trader

Neither have I

11. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Devotee (456) Sep 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'll be there for the opening! And down for a bottle share. But I doubt they will approve it.

Ravenacht likes this.
  12. toofdoc

Beer Trader

I doubt it too, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm on top of it and will let everyone know. Please check your BM.

13. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

I hope there idea of Distributing across Florida isn't like CCB's. Let make sure the city we are in gets it and if any other city in Florida gets it any of our product kudos to them.

Have not been able to get Jai Alai in Orlando for 3 weeks at any of my local stores. I did find 4 month old Jai Alai at TW but it really wasn't good.

I am being facetious!

14. gunhaver

gunhaver Initiate (0) May 27, 2007 Florida

i don't think that was the "idea" of CCB's distribution at all, it just happened that way due to mammoth demand in the Tampa market.

gjoker321 and BigGene like this.
  15. BigGene

I completely understand, I was being more facetious than anything. Sour grapes maybe :p

gjoker321 likes this.
  16. jcb7472

jcb7472 Devotee (495) Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

I joined the Snifter Club recently and they just sent out an email that said they are going to schedule a special event for Founders Club and Snifter Club members soon - before the grand opening - and will post the information on their Facebook. I think they still have spots left in the Snifter Club: $50/year, mug with your name on it, t-shirt, extended happy hour (1 hour more) and I think they pour you another ounce or two when you order a beer. I couldn't resist. Can't wait to get over there!

17. TheMonkery

TheMonkery Initiate (194) Dec 16, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Can't wait for the Founders/Snifter Club party either. I just hope they give us a little bit of time to plan out coming. Not everyone on that list lives right in the Boca area. So hopefully they leave us 2-3 weeks to plan our days since it is about a 45 minute drive from where I am.

18. BigGene

You need to 2 to 3 weeks to plan your day for a 45 minute drive. WOW!!! I am in Orlando and I just need a day or so notice. (so i can call in sick to work).

Bluecane and RyanSchwam like this.
  19. jcb7472

Beer Trader

Well it's my understanding from the email that this Founders/Snifter Club party will be at the brewery in Oakland Park, and will include a sneak peak of the brewery and tap room before the grand opening.

20. Lasering

Beer Trader

How do I find out about the snifter club?

21. gunhaver

gunhaver Initiate (0) May 27, 2007 Florida

i thought the whole point of that club was for locals anyway

kpanter likes this.
  22. jcb7472

Beer Trader

kpanter likes this.
  23. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Please send all berliner weisse to me. Kthx

24. toofdoc

Beer Trader

It was restricted to locals, but others showed up and they didn't check IDs.

25. Lasering

Beer Trader

How local? I'm like 4 hours away and 50 bucks isn't that bad to take a few trips there a year.

26. Lasering

Beer Trader

I take that back I'm 4 hours from Boca but Oakland is way close. Am I local enough?

27. jcb7472

Beer Trader

The Funky Buddha Brewery is located in Oakland Park FL, the suburb of Fort Lauderdale, not Oakland FL, which is near Orlando. But by all means, join if you want to! I don't think they will reject your money since you're in Tampa.

28. Lasering

Beer Trader

Awww damn Google maps showed it in Sarasota.

29. Lasering

Beer Trader

Still doesn't seem that bad for just joining the snifter club and taking a road trip every couple months.

30. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Devotee (447) Jan 8, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

I spoke to someone at the brewery and they did indeed reject my money. I get down that way every couple of weeks and they told me it was for locals only.

31. jcb7472

Beer Trader

OK, I stand corrected. I don't want to sound selfish, but we don't have a lot of quality breweries down here in South Florida (yet) and it would be a shame if out-of-towners snatched up all the Founders and Snifter Club memberships before the locals could get them. I am happy to have gotten a Snifter Club membership and can't wait to use it. South Florida has been waiting for something like this for a damn long time! You can still come visit ;)

ThreeFishes likes this.
  32. Lasering

Beer Trader

Where are you at in Florida?

33. ThreeFishes

ThreeFishes Devotee (447) Jan 8, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Lakeland.

34. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Poo-Bah (2,148) Feb 27, 2005 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

I agree. South FL distro sucks and we get nothing.

35. TheMonkery

TheMonkery Initiate (194) Dec 16, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

I agree with you on the distribution for the South Florida area, but on another note, there is no restriction on the number of people who can sign up for the Snifter Club. Founders Club Members were restricted to the first 150 people, but not the Snifter Club memberships appear to be unlimited at the moment.

Of course that could change...

36. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (442) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Is it sad, that I planned a trip to see The Monkees in July (yes, the Monkees) specifically in Boca Raton, so that I could spend the weekend at the Funky Buddha tasting room?

37. toofdoc

Beer Trader

Not at all. The sad part is that you are traveling to see the monkees. :D

The tasting room is in Oakland park, not Boca. But i would go visit both the lounge and the brewery.

38. HaveUSeenMyCellar

HaveUSeenMyCellar Zealot (570) Aug 30, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

BM me if interested in being a Funky Buddha contact. I am in CA.

39. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (370) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Yes! I'll be coming to Tampa in Mid June...think I can find any then?

40. toofdoc

Beer Trader

If i had to guess i would say no. I know they said statewide distribution, but its hard to believe it will make it to Tampa in mid June. If you find it it will be the core brew, no special releases. You could get lucky and it could be a guest tap at CCB, you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.