1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

Funky Buddha

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by MasterCraft, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MasterCraft

MasterCraft Sep 2, 2012 Massachusetts

How hard is it to trade for Funky Buddha bottles? Any specific examples of what you've seen given up would be awesome.

2. landhoney

landhoney Apr 19, 2007 Florida
    Beer Trader

It's difficult because they are small (currently at least, expansion is in progress) and rarely do bottle/growler releases. The last 'official' one was for their anniversary at the end of September and just for Imperial Snifter members. I got two bottles (12 ounce) and combined them with a few other rare-ish bottles to acquire a rare 'loon. Hope that helps.

3. Photekut

Photekut Mar 31, 2006 Tennessee

Seems like the going rate is walez unfortunately.

I have not been able to aquire one yet in any form.

4. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Dec 10, 2007 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Though part of a bigger trade, I traded an Upland lambic and Dark Lord for a bottle of Last Snow.

5. codysjb

codysjb Jun 16, 2010 Prince Edward Island (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Funky Buddha made some very limited, hand bottled bottles that were basically give out to locals/friends but not really a "real" release as I understand it. Having said that, the owner is expanding a bit and I believe he mentioned just acquiring a bottling line when I saw him in Tallahassee a few months ago. Wait a few months or e-mail the lounge and you may have a better chance at finding out when more bottles are being released... the'll soon be back and in greater numbers.

6. MasterCraft

Damn, thanks for the info guys. I knew bottles were occasional and for locals/members only, but it probably is easier to just wait for the expansion.

7. MasterCraft

Worth it?

8. dblab33

dblab33 Dec 9, 2011 Michigan

I don't like coconut and thought Last Snow was amazing. Nowhere near the greatness that is Bonita Applebaum, but it was really fucking good.

9. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Dec 10, 2007 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

We found it very good and quite unique....so, yes;)

MasterCraft likes this.
  10. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Mar 31, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

What does it take to get the Berliners? Every time someone posts and I respond with what they are asking, I get no reply.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe