Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Furious cans full of floaties

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Steimie, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steimie

Steimie Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

I was in MN a few weeks ago and grabbed a fresh 4 pack of Furious to bring back with me. All 4 cans were FULL of floaties. I lived in MN for a long time and just moved about a year ago. During my time there I drank a shit-ton of Furious and don't recall seeing this. Is this something new or was my particular 4 pack an anomaly?

FWIW, it didn't seem to affect the taste at all. Shit's still delicious as ever.

2. herman77

herman77 Jan 24, 2010 Minnesota

There was a post about this awhile back. From that, if I remember correctly, people were saying it happens from time to time and it's nothing to worry about especially if it tastes normal.

3. maximum12

maximum12 Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yup, just had one like that on Saturday.

Get one once in a while. Doesn't seem to affect the taste any.

4. Steasy66

Steasy66 Feb 23, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Which canning date? I just shipped some 5/22, hopefully its not like that.

5. MasterChief

MasterChief May 18, 2006 Minnesota

Yup,we are seeing precipitate forming in the package.It's the malt proteins and hop polyphenol's fault.No excuses!The easy thing would be to filter or fine,we are not going to do that.We are close to getting the new centrifugation process refined to eliminate this!
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Cheers!
    Todd

6. gatornation

gatornation Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

No worries We drink your beer because it taste so damn good

7. Coveralls

Coveralls Sep 27, 2008 Minnesota

Drank a 4 pack this weekend that had been canned three days prior and it was delicious as usual. I had heard it was from a different filtering process and it looks like Todd just confirmed it.

8. JeepCop

JeepCop May 16, 2010 Kansas
    Beer Trader

Just ordered and received a bunch of 4 pks of Furious dated 5/22/12 and no floaties to report! With having it shipped to Kansas, I doubt it could get much more FRESH than that (7 days, seriously???). Needless to say, I am a happy dude, but would be absolutely ecstatic if Surly distributed to KS! Furious and Abrasive are the top of the class in their respective styles. Keep cranking it out Surly, and I'll keep ordering it! Well done!!!

9. pmccallum86

pmccallum86 Apr 7, 2009 Minnesota

I miss the old fish gut furious.

feloniousmonk likes this.
  10. Steimie

Steimie Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

Thanks. Now about distributing some of that deliciousness to Michigan...

11. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Nov 4, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Mine down here in Roch has some from time to time. Still tastes awesome. I also had some floaties in my Double Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse...tasted great

12. Ejayz

Ejayz May 15, 2011 Iowa

I had one can like this back in February it was my last can I smuggled back to Iowa. I said to heck with it and drank it all. I will say this is my all time favorite beer floaties or no floaties.

13. garymuchow

garymuchow Aug 31, 2001 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yup, had some this month. Not the purdiest thing to look at but sure tasted fine.

14. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

furious is delicious. moving on.

copslovebeer and shawnp like this.
  15. tewaris

tewaris Jul 14, 2009 Minnesota

For whatever it's worth, I had a cloudy pint at Suzi's not too long ago. Was extra delicious!

16. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

just got a 4 pack canned two days ago, doesn't seem to be too cloudy, but it is wonderfully delicious.

17. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Mar 26, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Just enjoyed a can full of floaties canned on 5-29. Amazing as usual, floaties or not!

18. Eriktheipaman

Eriktheipaman Sep 4, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Now when Port says this everyone gets all pissed. I agree with why everyone gets mad but it's kind of funny. Fool me once....fool me twice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe