Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

FW Sucaba - SoCal Sightings

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by luisc123, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansw

hansw Oct 15, 2006 California

I had it on tap in seattle. It is delicious. I also just realized that this is totally useless info

domtronzero and tyrsis like this.
  2. glitchedmind

glitchedmind May 8, 2012 California

The great thing about living for the most part in a beer wasteland. Parabola and sucaba sit on the shelves for many months. A local store sold their last bottle of 2012 sucaba a week of so before the release of 2013. I bought a couple bottles at release and the owner told me to get a much as I want.

3. blguillen

blguillen Apr 19, 2011 California

Just saw about 5 bottles at Mr. Kegs in HB.

4. TheAngryBurrito

TheAngryBurrito Jan 6, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

There were 4 bottles of Sucaba on the shelf at Whole Foods in Pasadena on Foothill if anyone is still looking for it.

5. Bringthebeards

Bringthebeards Jan 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Tustin Liquor has a few left.

6. tyrsis

tyrsis Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Still some at BevMo Mira Mesa

7. besaunders

besaunders Nov 8, 2007 California

Whole Foods in La Jolla has had 4-6 bottles on their shelf the three times I've visited their in the past week. As others have said, if you wait past the initial panic, you'll have no problem finding it.

8. Drunk_And_Sarcastic

Drunk_And_Sarcastic Dec 13, 2012 California

I work at a store near FW and we had a guy come in and buy 4 cases of Sucaba. I wasn't there but apparently it rung up at like $700+. Im still pissed that the manager on duty let this happen. He even overheard that the guy was going to resell it in the bay area. The store manager was pissed.

I find it ridiculous that people buy and resell beer. If you find someone obviously marking up prices on limited releases, please don't give these guys your business. Its bad for everyone and only encourages this kind of behavior.

9. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Jul 12, 2012 California

BevMo Hollywood... Both of them. Cases

10. mlobster

mlobster Dec 30, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Awesome tip and can confirm that they still have cases available.

[​IMG].

11. tyrsis

tyrsis Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Can we get some TW in SD? Jesus Christ

12. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Dec 10, 2010 California

Damn, Northridge got a lot of Sucaba. In fact now that I think of it, when I was picking up some Deschutes 24, the Brea TW looked up the stock levels at other stores for me, Northridge got over 20 cases of Deschutes 24.

13. dvnbtn

dvnbtn Sep 9, 2012 California

Had it last wk. Awesome beer.

I'm gonna get another bottle to age.

14. KRAZGRL

KRAZGRL Mar 17, 2009 California

There still a few at the Total Wine and BevMo in Torrance.

15. Newleaf

Newleaf Aug 24, 2010 California

The Whole Foods in Long Beach still has it on the shelf...14.99, no limit.

16. oxcitypauze

oxcitypauze Jan 4, 2013 California

What a tasty beer. Also quite tasty to cook with. Added a little too some chard during the sautee and it came out great.

17. Bungletronics

Bungletronics Jan 5, 2009 California

The guy at T.O. total wine told me to go to Northridge. I hate driving into the valley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe