Gandhi Bot

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by gdodd12, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdodd12

gdodd12 (0) Oct 1, 2009 Georgia

Two questions
    1. Can this be found in the Boston area?
    2. Is there any around right now?

TIA

2. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish (0) Jan 8, 2012 Chad

Not anymore. They no longer distribute to MA due to capacity if I recall correctly - you pretty much need to go to the county in CT the brewery is in to get it.

3. gdodd12

Bummer. What about Maine Beer company. Are they hard to find in the boston area?

4. franklinn

franklinn (0) May 29, 2012 Vermont

MBC should be all over the place. Watch out for old IPAs. MBC uses a bottling date right on the label, so you can easily read it. Cheers

5. TheMonkfish

I agree with Franklinn - it's pretty much everywhere and aside from Lunch you should be able to find most of their offerings at any decent bottle shop. I also agree on the dates thing, because aside from Lunch (and maybe Mo) the stuff tends to not move all that quickly (especially when compared to Lunch the Elder.)

6. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 (0) Apr 27, 2012 New York

Not true. They distribute to New York (Upstate at least...), though Ghandi Bot only comes maybe once a month to my area.

7. franklinn

franklinn (0) May 29, 2012 Vermont

Same up here in VT. Lunch sells out quickly, MO pretty quick too. The others sit. One shop still has peeper bottles from november :-/

8. gdodd12

My parents are headed to Boston in a week and Lunch was really the one I was looking for.

9. TheMonkfish

Lunch is a tricky one - I don't know that there's a schedule for how often batches hit distribution and it seems to be pretty random (usually every month or two, and usually with bottle limits in shops.)

If they see it and can find it fresh I would ask them to pick up some of MBC "Mo" - I like it better than Pliny the Lunch and it's a bit easier to find - it's a very solid beer.

I would recommend following Redstone Liquors on Twitter while they are up there (https://twitter.com/redstoneliquors) - when Lunch hits the state it seems to land in shops at the same time and Redstone is probably as good as it gets in terms of timely updates with new inventory. It's also really convenient from the highway and not too far north of Boston (assuming they'll have a car.)

Ganglani likes this.
  10. colbyguy

colbyguy (0) Jan 15, 2012 Maine

Fresh Lunch delivered in Southern Maine this week. Not sure about Mass.

franklinn likes this.
  11. ScottieD

ScottieD (0) Jul 30, 2011 Connecticut

You can get Gandhi-Bot in the Hartford, CT along with all the Maine offerings as well.

12. MVP09

MVP09 (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Forget Lunch, forget G-bot. While both are very good, they are not worth the effort to track down. Jack's Abby Hoponius Union is solid, Wormtown Be Hoppy especially fresh is unbelievable. Both are pretty much in every Mass bottle shop and bottled within 1mo. Also Ithaca Flower Power is great! 3 others to try are Wormtown hopelance, Wachusett Larry, and Mayflower IPA

Horbar likes this.
  13. gdodd12

OH yeah, I forgot the Jack Abby stuff was there. I love kiwi rising.

14. kleo

kleo (0) Apr 27, 2009 Massachusetts

I've had Lunch. While good, it wasn't worth the usual asking price never mind the usual "OMG! LUNCH IS OUT! LET'S RUSH FROM BOTTLE SHOP TO BOTTLE SHOP" drama.

franklinn likes this.
  15. willbm3

willbm3 (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Agreed. It's nothing special and really should be sold for half it's current retail price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.