Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Comment getting an undistorted jpg for beer review

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by brureview, Apr 7, 2013.

1. brureview

brureview Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

In a previous thread, a few sites were suggested for editing and posting pics. However,
    to post a jpg for a beer review is difficult. 150X300 is distorted.

Most sites try to "constrain" the pixel sizes to create a undistorted pic. Suggestions?
  2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Site Editor Subscriber Beer Trader

You likely need the picture first to get to the 300 dimension, then trim/crop to get to the 150. In my case after taking a portrait photo with the iPhone camera, I end up with a picture that can be resized to 225x300 which I then trim to be 150x300 (and I have posted 10s of photos).
  3. brureview

brureview Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

I take pics with an ipod touch. However, after I crop it, I tried to get the exact dimensions and I could not.
    I got close. Perhaps I should start in portrait mode in the ipod- if there is such a mode.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!