Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Comment getting an undistorted jpg for beer review

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by brureview, Apr 7, 2013.

1. brureview

In a previous thread, a few sites were suggested for editing and posting pics. However,
    to post a jpg for a beer review is difficult. 150X300 is distorted.

Most sites try to "constrain" the pixel sizes to create a undistorted pic. Suggestions?

2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor
    Staff Member Subscriber Beer Trader

You likely need the picture first to get to the 300 dimension, then trim/crop to get to the 150. In my case after taking a portrait photo with the iPhone camera, I end up with a picture that can be resized to 225x300 which I then trim to be 150x300 (and I have posted 10s of photos).

3. brureview

I take pics with an ipod touch. However, after I crop it, I tried to get the exact dimensions and I could not.
    I got close. Perhaps I should start in portrait mode in the ipod- if there is such a mode.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe