Ghostface Killah, NOT the hottest beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by crusian, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Pooh-Bah (1,989) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

So, did a side by side last night with a ghostface killah and my second to last black death. Black Death is much hotter... and tastier. Ghostface killah is really unique, and I quite enjoyed it. The different peppers definitely have their own distinct charachteristics, and they blend nicely. But black death kinda kicks its ass. The stout combined with the fruitiness of the peppers is still quite nice, and it has a meaner punch. Sorry Twisted pine, dont mean to rain on the parade...

2. Spider889

Spider889 Pooh-Bah (1,933) Mar 24, 2010 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG]

Haven't bothered to try it, but I think this has both beat....

AleWatcher likes this.
  3. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,533) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm a fan of Uprights Fatali Four and Sun King's Walkin on the Sun myself. I can't wait for Sun King to brew some more!

4. output01x

output01x Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Ohio

Has anybody seen this in stores? I am assuming this is the Elevator Brewing Co. in Columbus Ohio?

5. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2009 Oregon

El Toro makes a Ghost Chili Golden ale that I find to be way hotter than Ghost Face Killah. I can tolerate GFK, but the El Toro golden is too much. Instant hiccups. My wife on the other hand loves it.

Calipoia also makes (and bottles now) a decent chili beer that can carry quite a punch, depending on the batch.

BTW, ISO: Ghost Scorpion Lager!

afrokaze likes this.
  6. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota

I don't know if I will ever try it, but that bottle is worthy of display in my mancave (when I get one)!

Duff27 likes this.
  7. zeff80

zeff80 Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,971) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hotter than Ghost Face!!! I could only consume 4 ounces of that. My tongue was so mad it didn't speak to me fro a week!

UHCougar12 and pwoody11 like this.
  8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,228) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I've had Ghost Face twice. Once last summer, and just recently. The recent one seemed hotter in the mouth, on down, and on out. The first time, it didn't seem all that hot in the mouth. It was a big difference

9. cbutova

cbutova Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ghostface Killah and Black Death, can't really beat those for chili beer names. Sound awesome. Gotta pair them with some Naga sauce.

10. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Pundit (902) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

I chugged an entire Ghostface Killah while listening to Ghostface Killah on my bachelor party. I had never had a chili beer so I didn't really think it would be hot for some reason. Damn, I regretted that immediately. Ill remember it forever though

Aexoonge, Grendle, Bluecane and 5 others like this.
  11. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2011 Florida

I was thinking they would be great in a cheese dip!

pwoody11 likes this.
  12. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,228) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's all about the memories!!:grinning:

bdz and Chickenhawk9932 like this.
  13. colonelforbin

colonelforbin Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2007 California

Would like to try all beers mentioned in this thread. Got to try habanero sculpin recently and that was pretty hot! If you like chili beers, check that one out.

14. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Initiate (0) May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

Yeah, I'm really knocking down doors to taste something hotter than GFK.

15. crusian

Pooh-Bah

just sent out a random beer to a BA... anyone want to send me one of these scorpions or beers they think are hot? :slight_smile:

either way, ISO, these beers posted here. Love peppers, eat habaneros fresh... want hot beer, cave creek hooked me...

kerry4porters likes this.
  16. crusian

Pooh-Bah

please, for the love of GOD send me this! Will trade you some really worthy shit...

17. colonelforbin

colonelforbin Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2007 California

Would happily send some out but it's draught only, I believe. Had it at an sf beer week event.

18. Bonis

Bonis Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2010 Ohio

For anyone who cares, the Ghost Scorpion Lager from Elevator Brewing in Columbus is def hotter than Ghostface Killah. Anyone in the area can pick some up at Palmer's or Weiland's (saw it at both stores yesterday, $5 per 12 oz I believe). Please beware because the stuff tastes like fire. My brother and I "manned" through about 4 oz each, miraculously (I wouldn't suggest going that far though, as the accompanied heartburn is absolutely brutal... you will have a long restless night of heartburn). I haven't seen anyone else drink more than one sip. Immediate coughing, sweating, hiccups, gagging... anything you can think of involved with eating hot food comes with drinking this beer. Heard rumors of this being "too hot to handle" for many pepper connoisseurs at the North Market Fiery Foods Fest, where the beer was unveiled. Definitely an experience. I'm sure there will be some ISOs for this.

PS, the last 4 oz of my bottle made a nice addition to the chili I recently made!

wagenvolks and beerindex like this.
  19. InspectorBob

InspectorBob Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2009 New Jersey

Had some Ghost Face yesterday at a tasting, thought it was very good. Would like to get a few bottles. I don't think it's in the Philly area though.........

20. Otesanek

Otesanek Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2008 Ohio

They also have a decent amount at The Barrel and the Bottle in the north market. I heard from a reliable source that they added an extra slurry of ghost chiles to the firkin they were sampling at the event. Apparently around a dozen people vomited after trying the beer from the firkin.

pwoody11 and GrindFatherBob like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.