Europe Going to St. Petersburg, Riga, Krakow, and Vienna. Any hoppy suggestions?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BSW, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSW

BSW Aspirant (277) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I'm heading to Eastern Europe for my honeymoon this summer and I'll be looking for anything hoppy that I can find. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  2. pturrr

pturrr Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2012 Russian Federation

Hi. I live in Saint Petersburg, there are couple of places you can find good beer. So,

1) - they are located 20 minutes walk from main city street (nevsky avenue). Have great beer selection(about 30 beers on tap and around 200+ bottles), including some craft beers from russian contract breweries. Prices are about $8 for 0.5 on tap, 0.33 bottle are about $6-10 depending on beer. Also, the location is quite good, it is 5 minutes walk from Fontanka river, 1 minute from Neva river and 10-15 minutes from Summer Garden, Mikhailovsky palace and etc.

2) - these guys are specialized at belgian beers (their menu for beers). 7 minutes walk from subway station at city center. They are closed on Mondays, and it's better to call before visit if you are planning to do it on a weekend. They are a bit more expensive than first place.

3) - one of the oldest belgian bars in the city. They are located at Vasilevsky island, about 15 minutes walk from subway. Great food and beer selection. Prices are moderate

4) - as i remember this is the oldest belgian bar in the city. currently they have several branches at the city.

5) Brasserie de Metropole - . This is a brewpub and the brewery is inside the building. Located in a very city center, 1 minutes from "Gostinniy dvor" subway station

Sorry, but most of their sites doesn't have english version, but google translate can help you.

In Riga you should visit Ale House They have a very good beer list in the shop. You can buy it there and drink at bar.

If you do have any questions - don't hesitate to ask
    Jerseyislandbeer and mythaeus like this.
  3. mythaeus

mythaeus Champion (841) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Wow man, I haven't been to SPb, but the other 3 cities are 3 of my favorite cities in the world, especially Riga, having been to all 3 at least twice. Unfortunately, I was there well before I got into beers so not much advice here.

Here are some info on Krakow:

Not beer-related, but while it's been a long time since I visited Riga, I really enjoyed Vincents restaurant: . Considering the fact that they are still around, check them out. They are a lot pricier now, but I remember it was like that Bratislava scene in the movie Euro Trip when I was there as to how cheap everything was.

Congrats and have a great trip!
  4. nloetz

nloetz Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2005 Austria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.