Good bottle shop near Johns Creek, GA?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by patdunkel, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patdunkel

patdunkel Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Wisconsin

Hi,
    I have a conference in Johns Creek in the early fall and hope to score some beer that is distributed there and not in my home state of WI. Specifically, Westbrook but am interested in anything else good. I hope to stash a few choice bottles into my checked bag or even ship some home.
    Any places I should hit? I saw some growler places but am not going to attempt to check one of those!
    Thanks,
    Pat

2. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Devotee (473) Sep 15, 2007 Georgia
    Trader

Ale Yeah Roswell will have the best selection of places relatively close. There is one growler shop on Jones Bridge road in John's Creek that seems to have a pretty good bottle selection as well: Draft Beer Market. They have a sister liquor store that has supposedly increased their craft selection as well that is in the Publix shopping center at the corner of Old Milton/States Bridge and Kimball Bridge. There is also a Total Wine store at the North Point Mall in Alpharetta.

Feel free to bring me some Belgian Red, I am getting low since they still didn't have the new batch on my last trip up there :slight_smile:

patdunkel likes this.
  3. OPJohn

OPJohn Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2013 Florida

You should also check out the brick store pub.

4. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

While the Brickstore is great, it's also about 45 minutes away from John's Creek. If the guy was more in town we'd have plenty of better options to throw at him.

5. patdunkel

So this is coming up quick. Yeah, I'm sort of stuck there. No car. Two day quick in and out conference. I could walk a couple miles or so, but that's it.
    OK, what about places to go sit and drink some of the southeast's finest by myself?:grinning: I am there 9/21-23.

6. GeorgiaKiwi

GeorgiaKiwi Disciple (394) Dec 7, 2007 Georgia

It is a bit of a wasteland especially without a car. 5 Seasons Brewing in Alpharetta has good beer and food , and there is a Taco Mac on Old Milton Pkwy but that chain has gone downhill IMO. But both may be a bit far to walk depending on where in Johns Creek you are. There are always cabs.

patdunkel likes this.
  7. ari32

ari32 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2013 Georgia

Download the Uber app using someone's promo code. Take a free ride to Brick Store and Decatur. Pay the fare for the trip back. Done.

Unless you were really wanting the bottles, then start out the same, take a free ride to Green's on Buford Highway. Pay the fare for the trip back.

That's honestly your best bet. As stated by GeorgiaKiwi, you're kind of in a wasteland.

patdunkel likes this.
  8. patdunkel

Thanks! I am going to be at the Hilton Garden on Medlock Bridge Road. Not opposed to grabbing a cab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.