Good Ol' Mass Produced, $9 twelve pack

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JDW4195, Jun 16, 2015.

?

What's your pick of these fine beverages that helped forge America?

1. Budwieser

2. Coors Banquet

3. Miller MGD

4. Miller High Life

5. Natural Ice

6. Rolling Rock

7. PBR

8. Keystone

9. Jacob Best

10. Old Milwaukee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDW4195

JDW4195 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2014 Florida

For those of you asking for different beers, it only allowed me to add this number of items...so, my apologies. And for those of you dissecting this thread....calm down.

DarthVorador, Dandrewjohn and raffels like this.
  2. ShanePB

ShanePB Poo-Bah (2,011) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Society

PBR or Genesee Cream Ale for me. Both in 16 oz pounder cans, please.

3. mark5692

mark5692 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2014 New York

Genesse, Labatt or Rolling Rock. Labatt is more consistent and considering I'm from Buffalo...it's the obvious choice.

Foyle, Scrapss, MUTINY and 1 other person like this.
  4. 302BeerGuy

302BeerGuy Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2014 Delaware
    Deactivated

Old Milwaukee !!! Schlitz wasn't in the poll, pretty much the same thing since origins are Jos. Schlitz

creepinjeeper likes this.
  5. ESeab

ESeab Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 New Jersey

6. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,439) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

What the hell is Jacob Best?

7. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (5,032) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

In college it was Iron city or Schmidt's - none of those elite beers like Bud, Busch, creme ales, or Champagne of Bottled Beers! Now, when desperate, Bud or Bud lite, depending on what the bartender feels like giving me.

Scrapss likes this.
  8. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Poo-Bah (1,843) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Society Trader

Pabst blue ribbon. It is actually a good aal, and I drink it often.

DarthVorador, ChairmanMeow and MUTINY like this.
  9. JDW4195

Jacob Best was the teenagers dream!!! Where I grew up (N.W. Pa) we had Jacob Best...$5 a case (24)...and it honestly wasn't that bad. I was hoping one of you guys would recognize it and vote for it.

Scrapss likes this.
  10. CB_Michigan

CB_Michigan Zealot (521) Sep 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

What? No Black Label?

ChairmanMeow and musicsherlock like this.
  11. musicsherlock

musicsherlock Disciple (325) Jan 2, 2012 New York

Piels Draft long necks

12. Jirin

Jirin Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

If I couldn't afford good beer I'd probably stop drinking beer.

But if it's a party, everyone is drinking, and these are the options, I'll go with PBR.

charlzm, Buschyfor3 and lordofthemark like this.
  13. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Poo-Bah (1,867) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Society

LMAO! None of those!

charlzm, Kuaff, 5thOhio and 1 other person like this.
  14. lordofthemark

lordofthemark Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2015 Virginia

Yup. If I want something cold, refreshing, tasteless, and bubbly, I drink seltzer - if I needed alcohol that badly I would have larger problems. I hope this does not mean I do not respect beer.

charlzm and Buschyfor3 like this.
  15. ZAP

ZAP Poo-Bah (4,773) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Haven't seen Jacob Best in ages...is it still being made?

I'd goo Coors Original followed closely by High Life

MUTINY and JDW4195 like this.
  16. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Founders 15-pack for $15.99 is my choice

Stapletape likes this.
  17. JDW4195

From what I hear, that actually make Jacob Best ICE now.

18. ZAP

ZAP Poo-Bah (4,773) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Yeah it does kind of take a deft palate to taste the differences and enjoy this type of beer from time to time in the right spots. Not everyone picks up on the nuances.

JDW4195 likes this.
  19. Himself

Himself Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts

Falstaff, Milwaukees Best

20. offthelevel_bytheplumb

offthelevel_bytheplumb Devotee (402) Aug 19, 2013 Illinois

Hey, OP, what's with your obsession with macro beer lately?

charlzm, 5thOhio and JDW4195 like this.
  21. Henderson1897

Henderson1897 Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2015 Wisconsin

I voted PBR above, but I'd go Hamm's all day long. Just fantastic flavor for what it is.
    30 cans for $11.98!!

22. Mtn

Mtn Disciple (316) Nov 28, 2013 Texas
    Trader

PBR/High Life.
    Back in the day it was Schaefer and Drewry's

DarthVorador likes this.
  23. bsend

bsend Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2009 Massachusetts

24. JDW4195

Just switchin' it up a bit, I like to appreciate all things beer. It's interesting to see the different takes on macro's. Hell, I bought a case of Coors this weekend and my wife asked what was wrong!!! LOL....of course, I haven't gotten too full of myself to be embarrassed by drinking macros yet. It's does the soul good!!!

DarkerTheBetter, riverlen and Mtn like this.
  25. Leebo

Leebo Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Massachusetts

Water, lemonade or soda.

charlzm likes this.
  26. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Crusader (741) Mar 19, 2012 California

The foundation of my drinking in late high school and college was around Bud, MGD, Mikey's and Henry Weinhards. Wait, I just realized the Henry's may be considered my first micro beer (always thought SPA).

Really, it was probably MGD. LOL. We thought that it was higher quality than Bud, Coors, and lite beers. Lite beer was huge back in the 80s.

DarthVorador likes this.
  27. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,319) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society

I don't know about helping to "forge America". At best they help a lower income guy get some well deserved brew for cheap after a hard days work. I get where you are going though. My pick was PBR. But you could have given Genesee as a choice.

28. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (358) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

I'm no hipster, couldn't be further from it, but a PBR brings me back to sitting on my grandfathers lap getting to have some foam when I was a little kid. Always have some in the fridge because there is always an occasion that it goes with.

Scrapss and JDW4195 like this.
  29. offthelevel_bytheplumb

offthelevel_bytheplumb Devotee (402) Aug 19, 2013 Illinois

Watch what you say 'round these parts. A lot of folks religiously worship "craft" beer here.

JDW4195 likes this.
  30. JDW4195

See my previous comments, in particular the first one on this page

PatrickCT likes this.
  31. Andrew041180

Andrew041180 Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2013 Massachusetts

It's not regular, although they did indicate that they recently packaged another batch. I'm not sure if you should expect to see Framingham Lager regularly. Just kindof a something I wanted to post. I voted for Coors Banquet.

32. Providence

Providence Champion (821) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

I would agree that there are few things as American as global multinationals.

33. lordofthemark

Yeah well. Forged mostly post 1945 (though they began to emerge pre-war). More European and Japanese MNCs from 1960 or so, and from what had been called 3rd world countries from 1990 or so.

They have an inevitable place in the world economy today. But when I grab a beer to celebrate all that is American and down to earth, I would rather do it with a beer made in America by an American brewery. And there are so many to choose from!

Providence likes this.
  34. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Champion (851) Jan 19, 2013 Canada (NB)

Yeah... Although there is a difference between the Canadian and US dollar, the taxes are in New Brunswick for alcohol are insane!

35. MUTINY

MUTINY Meyvn (1,135) Feb 6, 2015 Virginia

Tough call, but I finally went for Rolling Rock over PBR. I think the skunk factor clinched it for me.

JDW4195 likes this.
  36. Yargamo

Yargamo Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2015 New York

I still think, when served from an ice chest, than Busweiser is solid. Out of the fridge, I can't....

PBR works for me. I'm also of the opinion that Yunegline is worse than all beers listed.

MUTINY likes this.
  37. Yargamo

Nah. Budweiser, as an AB product, was established so long ago that the acquisition has no bearing on the Bud's consumer perspective. It's still an American product that was originally developed by a German-born American

38. lordofthemark

If it "had bearing" they would no longer be Bud consumers, I guess. For many it has no bearing because they simply do not know.

I mean their advertising lately is hammering away at the red white and blue, American Icon themes, including a concert at the Statue of Liberty. They are laying it on thick, spending money like bud lite - er, I mean like water, to make it "an American Product".

39. Yargamo

In this global economy people are happy to turn their heads to such things. How many Japanese and Korean automobiles are built in the US and purchased by people who believe that Japanese made cars are better than American?

40. lordofthemark

Huh? Some people do go out of their way to buy a car with an American name plate, though that has lessened I guess not only because of the reputation of asian cos but because so many american name plate cars have so much Mexican content. Anyway, while some folks here think Bud has better quality control than craft, that is not the case Bud is making in their ads, nor is it even about taste for the most part. It is very heavy handedly about culture - go look at the Bud facebook page for example - bottles with the statue of liberty, references to it being an American icon, and reference to their Statue of Liberty concert. Not a lot about the liquid, except that pairs with burghers.

And a growing number of people in the USA want to limit the global economy just a little bit - and in beer it is easy to do that, and get great quality product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.