Good places to get and drink beer in Lafayette

Discussion in 'South' started by WreckTx210, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WreckTx210

WreckTx210 Initiate (0) Sep 14, 2013 Texas

Will be in Lafayette for two weeks and i am looking for good places to buy and drink beer there or any of the cities around there. I am willing to drive just looking for some good beer. Will appreciate any and all advise thank you and cheers!

2. scottsoileau

scottsoileau Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2014 Louisiana

Obviously check out Parish Brewery in Broussard, really cool tap room. Phillipes and Marcellos have decent selections. The Tap Room in River Ranch is pretty good.

WreckTx210 likes this.
  3. WhoDatMatt

WhoDatMatt Zealot (548) Jun 21, 2014 Louisiana
    Trader

Parish Brewing is a must. If there for 2 weeks, there's a decent chance you'll get to try Ghost in the Machine.

WreckTx210 likes this.
  4. WreckTx210

Thanks i will check all these out anything else comes up let me know

5. donspublic

donspublic Grand Pooh-Bah (3,478) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When I was passing thru heading to florida, I hit up Whole Foods for drinking, then went to Mellow Mushroom to eat. Couldn't find Ghost in the Machine anywhere, but Mellow Mushroom had it on tap. Whole Foods had a ton of regional breweries on tap.
    Edit: Just checked and tap hunter has 3 bars showing up in Lafayette, Pogie's shows to have it on tap, but they haven't updated their list in 1 month, so...

WreckTx210 and scurvy311 like this.
  6. scurvy311

scurvy311 Savant (1,111) Dec 3, 2005 Louisiana

Whole Foods has a nice tap selection and the burger is really good also.
    Bottle Shops (if you have the time, hit them all, there is ALOT of over lap, but you will likely find something at one that you didn't see elsewhere).
    Go to (in no particular order):
    Whole Foods
    Marcello's
    Phillipe's
    Ale Wives

If time:
    Ambassador Wine and Spirits
    Rouse's

I'll add Bayou Teche Brewery. They have a good selection and lots of local live entertainment.

jtk, Tuck_leepulin and WreckTx210 like this.
  7. scurvy311

I'm not sure how soon you are coming but Cajun Brewing in Lafayette may be full swing by then.

WreckTx210 likes this.
  8. WreckTx210

Im actually am here now so this helps out alot thank you

9. scurvy311

I'm curious to how your time in Lafayette was.

10. scurvy311

I'm curious as to how you enjoyed Lafayette @WreckTx210

11. WreckTx210

@scurvy311 It was a good two weeks. Small town but i liked it. Parish was a pretty awesome brewery. Whole foods not so much but i am comparing it to the one in Houston. So hard to stack up to that. Great food though!!!

scurvy311 likes this.
  12. donspublic

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What didn't you like about the WF there? I stopped in there going to Florida last year (spent the nite in Lafayette) and thought it was pretty good. I lucked out and got there when they had about 3/4 the taps Louisiana beers that I had never seen before. I didn't like how it was closed off (don't know if that is a legal thing) but had a pretty good time there. I lucked out and was able to get GITM at Mellow Mushroom. Plan on hitting both of those again in about 2 months
    Edit: in looking right now (taphunter), I wish I was there, they have 3 Great Raft beers that are awesome

13. WreckTx210

Maybe it was just the time I went but the beer selection was not that great but parish brewing was awesome

donspublic likes this.
  14. donspublic

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I actually had the reverse happen to me. On our return trip from Florida, my daughter, her boyfriend and myself wound our way down to Parish Brewing and they had only 3 beers on tap and one cask. People working at the taproom seemed interested in just talking to each other. Fortunately one of the brewers was there and we did a tour, which my daughter really enjoyed (she is in the business). So that pretty much ruined it for me trekking back down there again

jtk likes this.
  15. WreckTx210

I definitely know what you were talking about when it comes to the bartenders. But the beer selection was really good when I went they said that in October or November is the best time to go because they have their barrel aged beer series then.

jtk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.