Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Goose Island Baudoinia - Fulton & Wood Series (Fungus BCBS)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by BlastBeats, Dec 4, 2012.

1. steebo777

Had this at Lincoln Station after the Rev bash Saturday night. Exactly as everyone described, beautiful aroma with a more balanced chocolate flavor. Absolutely beautiful man.

2. KidLightning

Just had this last night (finally) at Green Door in River North since it was tapped out at GI-Clybourn when I was there last week. Only $7 for a 12 oz. and it was indeed delicious: more chocolatey and less boozy overall, but with a little bit of a funky bite to it, though not much. I would say it's similar to the comparison of Guinness Foreign Extra to standard Guinness. I just wish I could get it bottled, would love to see how it ages alongside standard BCS '12.

3. BigOxBBQ

LOL It's pretty decent

4. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

I'll be drinking this tomorrow night

5. BigbROB

Beer Trader

Personally I would go for regular BCS before this. So if you are at the 25th tomorrow I would stand in other lines before this. I love funky beers, but I feel like the little bit of funk takes away from the bourbon taste we all love in BCS. Just my two cents but wouldnt be the first variant I go for. Wait that means longer lines where I want to go if people listen to me. Nevermind it is awesome and get multiple samples.

6. mikeburd1128

I sampled this at the brewery a month or so ago and I loved it. Side by side with coffee and BCBS. Baudoinia was really wonderful. So balanced and smooth. No heat like BCBS. Really blew me away.

7. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

I'm going to a one year anniversary of a brewery in machesney park il. Pig minds brewery

8. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

Aside from that i got a decent stock of bcbs and a bottle of coffee left. Had some coffee on tap last weekend it was wonderful.

9. kscaldef

Beer Trader

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one... Does anyone know if Baudonia has really been made multiple times? It's listed as "rotating" in the database, but I'd always thought it was a one-off treatment.

10. jplopez21

Beer Trader

As far as I know it was a one off. It rarely pops up on tap here and there but I havent seen it in awhile.

11. TravisMBinns

Beer Trader

I was so excited when I saw this thread bump, totally disappointed. That beer is perfect!

bertram likes this.
  12. ksbuell

Beer Trader

Had this amazing beer while at Great Taste of the Midwest. Absolutely amazing. Really hope for a repeat!

13. eclosson22

Beer Trader

This has been popping up again lately but I think it's still the same single batch, but as it goes with Bourbon County Brand anything, a large amount was held back by GI. I personally poured two sixtels of this at Oak Park Micro Brew Review a couple weekends ago. It's in a great spot right now and is drinking like a champ. Much more fudgey chocolate and less heat than regular BCBS. Keep an eye out for it at events in the coming months and get some if you can.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe