Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout to be available year-round

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by BeerBuckeye, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taxman

taxman Feb 22, 2012 Illinois

A couple of places that I know of.

2. RobDB

RobDB Aug 31, 2009 New Jersey

Thanks. Much appreciated.

3. bluewolf17

bluewolf17 Mar 3, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

There's a reason I picked up 2 cases of it last year..

4. GopherPharmer

GopherPharmer Feb 19, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I really hope this doesn't mean the quality of the beer goes downhill. That was definitely my first reaction when I heard AB was buying them out though. Only time will tell

5. cubanbeerguy

cubanbeerguy Jan 29, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

I can't wait. Have only tried coffee and hope to eventually try them all

RobertColianni likes this.
  6. DHS1029

DHS1029 Feb 14, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Only one place that I know of

7. williamjbauer

williamjbauer Jan 17, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Just had bcbs for the first time last week. It is worth seeking out. Unforgettable. Going to try the coffee variant this week.

8. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

Since I posted that I've been lucky enough to try a 09' BCBS, came across a case of 12' BCBS and have also tried Cherry Rye and have a Coffee in my possession. Needless to say I am hooked on Bourbon County and hope to one day try all the variants.

9. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Nowhere. Can find it on tap every now and again though.

10. williamjbauer

williamjbauer Jan 17, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Been a good year I'd say!

Hanzo likes this.
  11. dpjosuns

dpjosuns Dec 8, 2009 Illinois

whoop-de-do

12. BourbonBarrelBeerBelly

BourbonBarrelBeerBelly Feb 13, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'm looking to trade/buy for BCBS if anybody's willing to part! I got all kinds of rare and delicious Oak/Bourbon barrled west coast brews!

13. cbozInTheMitten

cbozInTheMitten Mar 10, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Has anyone seen any lately around metro Detroit?

14. Hanzo

Not a Bourbon County fan?

15. dpjosuns

dpjosuns Dec 8, 2009 Illinois

Not especially. I guess I'm just lukewarm on it, mostly. I think its a fine beer, just not all over it's nuts like some. And I really don't see the value (a store down the street has 4-packs for close to $30). Now that I really think about it, I'm in favor of the inevitable price drop which would make it affordable, so it will even be a choice when I'm in the mood for the style. But I have a hard time envisioning myself buying that instead of the other offerings at my local shop. To each their own I guess.

16. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

This has to be the longest thread about something that's not happening that I've ever seen.

JohnnyMc, Auror, DrDemento456 and 9 others like this.
  17. foobula

foobula Dec 14, 2009 Illinois

Perhaps, but aren't you forgetting the infamous "BBA Natural Light coming soon!" thread of '09?

RobertColianni and gcamparone like this.
  18. birchholz

birchholz Jul 21, 2010 Illinois

Actually, I know a place that's still got it for $8.99/bottle.

19. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Oct 16, 2010 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Trade for Rare sooner than later. Cost on it seems to always be rising.

20. Hanzo

I have nothing in the remote realm of pulling a Rare.

21. Andygirl

Andygirl Jan 3, 2013 Michigan

Not since January maybe. Then not a ton.

22. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 May 29, 2012 Illinois

There's a couple of slightly over-priced places by me that still have it sitting on the shelf...

23. kodt

kodt Mar 6, 2013 Illinois

Yeah, if you are willing to pay $30 for a 4 pack, you can find it at a few liquor stores yet.

cnbrown313 likes this.
  24. jplopez21

jplopez21 Nov 14, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

There seems to be either a goose island tap takeover or bourbon county tapping at least one a month here in the chi. So while not year round, definitely still some to be had.

25. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

still on the shelves in RI if you're in the know

26. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 May 29, 2012 Illinois

Yep, exactly. The place I saw it at last had it for $10 a bottle or $30 a 4 pack and they probably had 2 cases worth on the shelf. I wasn't proud of it... but I bought a 4 pack.

27. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

2012 is still all over Des Moines at $19.99/4pk. On tap at a few local bars too (El Bait/Keg Stand).

28. Jslay013

Jslay013 Mar 6, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Sunset Grill in Allston (Boston) has had it on draft for the last week or so. Likely to run out soon.

29. forrestbetts

forrestbetts Nov 29, 2007 Illinois

but we're still reading it

30. rodlavers

rodlavers Jun 20, 2012 Pennsylvania

I was in Chicago March 9-14 and had bcbs or baudoinia on tap every day I was there.

31. kdb150

kdb150 Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

Actually, I expect there will be BCBS '12 available somewhere in most major markets when this year's is released. 6 months out and I know of at least one store that still has it, and I expect many others know of stores across the distribution area that still have some. It may not be by design, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't end up being on shelves year-round, even if it is still only released in the fall. Especially since there will be much less impetus to run out and buy it right away, seeing as how it is no longer in short supply.

32. HugeBulge

HugeBulge Dec 31, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I asked this question to a goose island employee at the spring craft beer festival and was told he has heard this rumor and it is false.

33. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Nov 28, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Fucking hilarious, yet it makes me wonder if anyone has ever tried to barrel age an AAL?

34. kdb150

kdb150 Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

Ironically, these would be the best candidates for using something like a barrel that contributed to a Pappy blend, as there would be plenty of room for the subtleties of a world-class bourbon to come through.

35. DrDemento456

DrDemento456 May 15, 2009 Pennsylvania

Well if this is still only a Winter release I will not have long before my stash runs out (was only able to get 8 with 3 remain) I was not overly impressed at first but having a 2012 black Tuesday or "bourbon caramel mess" I can appreciate the balance this beer is trying to accomplish.

BTW I paid 26 dollars for a four pack shipped to my door free so seeing everyone else's posts make me think I got a great deal. Too bad I couldn't score a case.

36. Apom

Apom Mar 30, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Hopefully some of this will make it to South Carolina because Ive only heard good things and want to try it.

37. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Is there any BCBS '12 left in the Chicagoland area that you know of?

38. mjm47

mjm47 Mar 30, 2010 Illinois

The liquor store under the Sheridan Red Line stop had a few cases last week - he also dropped the price from about $28 to $24.

39. WhiteJordan

WhiteJordan Sep 6, 2012 Washington
    Beer Trader

Send it to Washington State already!!! We're already carrying GI shelf beer on draft and in bottles. My boss has been buying excessive amounts in the hopes that when BCBS drops we get a huge allocation.

40. RobertColianni

RobertColianni Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania

Do me a favor?

stayclean likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe