Goose Island Proprietor's Day

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by blue-dream, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlsims04

jlsims04 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Which is Binnys.

2. kmcardle

kmcardle Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2016 Illinois

Just got an e-mail notifying me I won tickets!! Second round?

Mangbus, capnmike and core42 like this.
  3. Redsunsx01x

Redsunsx01x Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2016 Illinois

Didn't get one. :slight_frown:

4. odcardinal

odcardinal Aspirant (216) Apr 12, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Or how many tix were sold only being 1 session. Compared to last year's Rare Day having 2 sessions.

Mangbus likes this.
  5. prior2two

prior2two Disciple (392) Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

It's still family owned no doubt.

I guess, I was just saying that if I can recommend an awesome place and owner like junior at prfl, over a company that had over $300 million in revenue last year, I was going to.

Seriously, how awesome is this!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ld-series-fans-game-6-met-20161031-story.html

That being said, binnys is great, and I'm a fan, it's just not my first, 2nd, or 3rd choice if I'm in the city.

#325 prior2two, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    jbecke2 likes this.
  6. jlsims04

I would think that beacuse they annoucned same opportunity for everyone I would expect mostly newer bottles. I would be supprised if fruited or vanilla bombers were available even though i desperatly hope they are. I think we are most likeley looking at more vintage regular(not that its a bad thing) over anything else. Also its all going to be super expensive.

7. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Is that assumption based on their "vintage" prices at previous releases? Or simply because they're highly desirable bottles and they could probably charge whatever they want?

I could see them offering competitive prices ($30-$40ea?) as sort of a mea culpa for 2015 and the lack of a 2016 Rye release, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

8. djtothemoney

djtothemoney Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2015 Ohio

I highly doubt it. They are priced as such to reduce demand.

9. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

I don't think the prices will line up with their Taproom vintage bottle list.

I'm hoping they are a bit more reasonable but will simply pass if they are crazy.

10. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Meyvn (1,367) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

They better be vintage Scotch Barrel BCBS variants....:slight_smile:

11. core42

core42 Zealot (557) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

The one that doesn't exist because it was infected in the barrel?

fondyball20 likes this.
  12. jlsims04

Is there really a difference?

13. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

Exactly. GI 2017- flash pasteurized barrels. You could trade infected Prop for any infected beer out there!:wink:

14. Hwk-I-St8

Hwk-I-St8 Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2016 Iowa

Is that for regular vintage BCBS? Last winter, our local stores were offering up 2013 and 2014 for $10 bottle. Are you talking for 4 packs?

15. Mangbus

in a direct reply to me on twitter -

"Each person will have the opportunity to purchase 1 bottle of Prop and 1 vintage bottle. Pricing on vintage TBD."

4ruedebuci and core42 like this.
  16. jlsims04

Hmm. Hopefully its older variants although anything would be swell.

Mangbus likes this.
  17. RuckIt

Trader

The fact that they specified "one" makes me believe that they'll be bombers rather than 12oz regular / coffee / bw. The price TBD I'm sure will fluctuate based on which vintage bottle you're purchasing, so fingers crossed the prices aren't absurd.

But who am I kidding - I'd probably toss down my credit card for a bottle of vintage Rye almost regardless of price point (within reason) simply because it's available without having to trade a full HF allotment or dozens of Tree House cans. And chances are they've kept them cellared at an appropriate temperature in one single location, rather than getting a bottle that's passed through multiple people's hands like currency like so many big bottles do.

Mangbus likes this.
  18. Mangbus

I attempted to get them to provide more information and was hit w/ a "Dunno. It'll be a surprise!" reply. Fingers crossed for anything other than 2015 stuff.

19. RuckIt

Trader

There might be a riot if they try to pass off 2015 bottles as "vintage". "We swear, these are the UNINFECTED Prop bottles!"

Mangbus likes this.
  20. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

It will more than likely just be Regal Rye and individual bottles of previous years BCBS. Or maybe the will try and unload left over original Rare and Vanilla since it is past the "up to 5 years" of developing, expect +$100 a bottle if they do. GI also has things like Pere Jacques and the sisters on their vintage menus, so this could easily be an underwhelming announcement.

Mangbus likes this.
  21. jlsims04

I reall think the fall out would be insane if they tride to pass off anything that is not BCS or from 2015. I would hope they are smarter than that.

22. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

I stand corrected, the site says "vintage BCBS" not the "1 vintage bottle" being thrown around here.

jlsims04 and Mangbus like this.
  23. RuckIt

Trader

Actually...

[​IMG]

24. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

Sorry, I choose the wording on the official Prop site to twitter... "Vintage BCBS"

25. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

For anyone that went to Rare Day last year, since both the brewery and the barrel warehouse are open from 12-4pm, and everyone is guaranteed the same opportunity to buy bottles, it seems like it would be better to go to the Barrel Warehouse first and pick up bottles last? I'm just thinking I don't want to be carrying bottles around for 3+ hours. Just curious how the day flowed last year.

26. blue-dream

blue-dream Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Virgin Islands (U.S.)

It sucked so bad… bring a backpack to keep them and swag in.

jffrson729, SFC21 and zookerman182 like this.
  27. 4ruedebuci

4ruedebuci Initiate (187) Jan 22, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Pretty sure that is not an option (or at least at Rare Day it wasn't) since you signed in and got your passes as you went in to purchase your bottles. Really strange they do it that way, was a hassle to lug bottles around.

#347 4ruedebuci, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    SFC21 likes this.
  28. prior2two

prior2two Disciple (392) Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

So happy I live in UK Village and can just drop my bottle(s) off before heading over to the warehouse. Lugging shit around is the worst.

However, it shouldn't be as bad as rare day, as it's only 1-2 bottles.

Mangbus likes this.
  29. pigface

pigface Initiate (29) Mar 22, 2012 Illinois

And they're not in big wood boxes...probably

30. SP23

SP23 Disciple (388) Aug 21, 2008 California
    Society Trader

I am coming in Saturday from CA. Is there anything special going on Saturday night? I was thinking of hitting Clybourn and then pick up some bottles at Binnys. Any suggestions would be helpful.

31. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

You're taking our bottles of Prop AND you want us to provide you with other tips???!!! :wink:

Nothing special that I know of as of now, but I haven't been keeping up too much. At the worst, you can have "regular" options like Local Option, which tend to be better than most regular options in other cities.

Jaycase and Vitamin_Hop like this.
  32. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Luckily for me my brother lives very close so I'm planning on picking up and dropping off bottles then heading to get some pours.

33. SP23

SP23 Disciple (388) Aug 21, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Any news on the Vintage bottles being sold?

34. jlsims04

Nothing that I have seen yet. I really wish they would just release the prices.

35. Mangbus

in that twitter chain above, they do state that it will be a surprise. Why not just get the info out???

36. croush

Trader

I'm just the opposite...I don't get why people think GI should put the info out ahead of time. Go there, enjoy the day and if there are good vintage bottles, then that's just the cherry on top.

37. jlsims04

Because everyone gets a vintage bottle of somesort and people like to budget?

Mangbus likes this.
  38. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

So here's the dilemma: If they have 2015 rare bottles for sale at MSRP, do you buy one or are you convinced everything from 2015 is tainted?

39. mseitz24

mseitz24 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2015 Wisconsin

Anybody know if this is cash only? I didnt see anything on the prop day website.

40. croush

Trader

I'm sure there will be an option to fit your budget. Just be happy and don't be worried so much about what you don't get.

I also find it difficult to believe that people's budgets are going to be made or broke by finding out the vintage bottles a week ahead of time.

dtjager and B-Nut-GoBlue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.