Goose Island taproom to open soon

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Austin32, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (391) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

^This. And regular BCS is on tap somewhere in the city practically every day.

aasher likes this.
  2. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

Did people stop lining up for weekly Hunter variants?

aasher likes this.
  3. CollinLanam

CollinLanam Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2015 Missouri

I was curious about the variant rotations as I'll be in Chicago for a long weekend. Just trying to figure out which day would be best to swing by. So few days, so many places to check out in the area.

4. _mark_s

_mark_s Aspirant (229) Feb 27, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Has anyone been recently? I'd be interested to hear how/if the variant rotation has been.

croush likes this.
  5. dtjager

dtjager Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Illinois

I'd be interested in this answer as well. I'm headed there next Friday and I'm curious how early they tend to tap a varient if they are still doing this. Also any food recommendations around there? Thanks!

6. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I thought they were only tapping variants every 3rd Friday, so you might be out of luck next Friday. I could be completely wrong, though.

7. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

No one checked in on Untappd to any variants there on Friday, and no announcements on any social media. Makes me wonder if they just gave up on the whole schedule thing.

8. CollinLanam

CollinLanam Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2015 Missouri

I was there this past Friday and they were pouring Prop. I was a little early for a 5pm tour and had a pour. Shortly after we finished, the keg had blown. No clue on total quantity or when they started pouring it.

9. Thirsty_In_Chicago

Thirsty_In_Chicago Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2014 Illinois

Does anyone have a phone number for the taproom? I've tried the number on their website, but the only info you end up getting tells you to visit the website for more taproom info. Just trying to find out what variant they're tapping today.

10. bdh160

bdh160 Initiate (33) Jul 17, 2015 Illinois

https://twitter.com/GooseIsland/status/622083704563740672

Not sure why this info is guarded like a government secret, but it is. There's also a "What's on tap" list added to the brewery tour part of the website, but the BCS rye is not listed here. http://www.gooseisland.com/breweryTours.html

11. Thirsty_In_Chicago

Thirsty_In_Chicago Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2014 Illinois

Appears Templeton Rye BCS is what's on today from what I see from someone's photo on IG. Great news they seem to be sticking with a variant on the 3rd friday of every month plan. But contacting the taproom is not possible and the "What's on tap" feature on the site has yet to disclose the featured variant.

12. BrewUrbanist

BrewUrbanist Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Wisconsin

For those who have been on a Friday for the variant tapping...any thoughts on how long it typically lasts? Picking up a friend at O'Hare at 4:30 on Friday and would like to take him down to the GI Taproom...but could be 6:00 by the time we get there.

13. Dmarsh71

Dmarsh71 Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2015 Illinois

BCS Rye 2 yr today

aasher, Collin7 and Bung like this.
  14. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

Heard from a server that the keg typically hangs around till 6:30ish. They do tap a full keg, and the place never got overwhelmingly crowded (was there from 3:45 - 5:00 today)

BrewUrbanist, Jaycase and Bung like this.
  15. Bung

Bung Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2007 Michigan

My experience as well, was there about 5:30. Limiting to 6oz pour may also help. Though I saw a lot of people that were getting it really having no idea what they were getting.

BrewUrbanist likes this.
  16. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Poo-Bah (9,424) Apr 21, 2009 Illinois
    Society

Can't tell if blind ordering is being referenced or just simple condescension toward the "unwashed masses". Bet the suckers ordered a 312 too...

17. Bung

Bung Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2007 Michigan

I can see how that would appear condescending, I'm ok with that. Just saw a few surprised looks on faces when they tasted it and the people next to me didnt finish theirs because it was "too strong" for them. I guess that lead me to believe they got just it because someone told them it's the cool thing to do and it has rarity.

18. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Aspirant (267) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

do they usually tweet about a taplist or do they just post it on their site? we're headed out there this afternoon and was curious what they'll be tapping.

*Edit: do they post anything beyond what's on their regular taplist from their website?

19. Jplachy

Jplachy Devotee (453) Feb 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

They put the tap list on their website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.