Great Divide to debut Barrel Bar at second location

Discussion in 'US - West' started by MtnSoup, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushmat2

bushmat2 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Colorado

Wow, this is great news. However, opening this spring?? I'm confused. So... like in a few weeks?

2. schlegelmeister

schlegelmeister Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Massachusetts

You've never had Yeti until you've had it pumped out the side of a junked-out '68 Bug.

So, so psyched for this though.

MtnSoup, bushmat2 and McNazz like this.
  3. beatenbyjacks

beatenbyjacks Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2011 Colorado

They have needed more space for a long time and all of the news is amazing! Patio bar, canning, more barrels, more beer, more space?!? Looks like an amazing future for GDBC!

4. DividedAvery

DividedAvery Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2010 Colorado

Now they need to put that pedestrian bridge at the under construction light rail station on 36th and I will be set.

SalukiAlum and flowersjg like this.
  5. Treezilla

Treezilla Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2013 Colorado

6. mcgarjo

mcgarjo Initiate (37) Dec 1, 2010 Colorado

"We think cans are a great package. We just have never had the room to do it," he says."

I recall discussing this topic with a GD employee years ago. She said they would never can because the bottles were "an homage to their homebrewing roots." Later in the conversation she confessed that it was because the roof wasn't high enough to fit a canning system.

This expansion is definitely long over due. A brewery with their location and popularity with a 20-30 seat patio was absurd. When they finally expanded the 22nd/Arapahoe location, it was already too small before it even began. Exciting stuff though, I remember I first started hanging out there in '07 right after they first added the tap room. Back then it was a quiet place to hang out and have a beer. Stopped going there once it started to be packed to the gills 7 days a week. Maybe this will give them the opportunity to release more beers than one new Yeti spinoff per year.

7. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,792) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

I'm glad they're using a serious business canning line instead of one of those smaller operations. I've borderline sworn off cans from most places because they're so inconsistent. If they ever can Rumble, I may never need to buy another beer again.

rob2654 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.