Great NY (Hell's Kitchen area) Breweries & Beer Bars

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by dignifiedb, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dignifiedb

dignifiedb Initiate (61) Jan 17, 2011 Michigan

Wife & I are flying in for the Afghan Whigs show at Terminal 5. Will only be in town until Sunday. Any places we should definitely hit. We're lucky enough to live in Grand Rapids, MI (home of Founders) and are spoiled by great beer. Hoping to hit a few places w/great beer selections before we fly out. Thanks so much!

2. benz08

benz08 Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2008 New Jersey

Walking distance you have Pony Bar. Everything always $5 and their beer menu is on their website in real time.

3. grassblue

grassblue Initiate (0) May 13, 2010 New Jersey

I am huge fan of East Coast Tavern on 10th and C in East Village...from there you have Hop Devil on A and 7th (or 8th) both these places have happy hour all day til 7pm M-F.

4. Quackus

Quackus Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2012 New York

Also check out Valhalla at 54th St. and 9th Ave.

Slightly farther away, in lower midtown, you have the Ginger Man (36th St. between 5th Ave. and Madison Ave.) and Rattle n' Hum (33rd St. between 5th Ave. and Madison Ave.).

Moving beyond that, it's definitely worth checking out Blind Tiger (Bleecker St. and Jones St.),Top Hops (Orchard St. and Delancey St.) and Good Beer (9th St. between 1st Ave. and Ave. A) in Greenwich Village/Lower East Side.

Finally, if you're willing to go out to the other boroughs, think about BarCade, Spuyten Duyvil and Brouwerij Lane.

I'm sure I'm missing some here.

5. jimmy82063

jimmy82063 Disciple (301) Jan 5, 2009 Connecticut

If you want to keep to the location you mention,
    Beer Authority and NY Beer co. BA is on 40th and 8th.

6. flexabull

flexabull Poo-Bah (2,682) Mar 9, 2006 California
    Society

Afghan Wigs, awesome.

Just got back from NYC, my favorite places were Barcade and Blind Tiger. Spitzer's Corner in the Lower East Side was a good place too. (the happy hour was long and $2 off every draft)

7. r0nyn

r0nyn Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2009 New York

Just wanted to add that every day from 4:20-5:20pm is their happy hour, where everything is $4. Definitely the best bang for your buck in all of NYC.

8. cosmo4u

cosmo4u Aspirant (281) Nov 18, 2010 New York
    Trader

Pony bar is the best. ILl be there before the show tonight. They are playing in Brooklyn tomorrow night if youre going to be around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.