Great Taste of the Midwest in-person ticket sales!

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Pintofbrown, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

Hello Wisconsin!!! Iowa BA here coming up to Madison for in-person ticket sales for Great Taste.

My group is wondering if any of the ticket sites are allowing over-night camping out / bottle shares? Would be nice to see some fellow BA's to talk and enjoy beer.

Thanks everybody. See you on Saturday!

2. Dactrius

Dactrius Pooh-Bah (2,487) Apr 23, 2012 Netherlands Antilles
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't know where it is allowed anymore, but I know that Steve's on Junction has specifically said camping and bottle sharing is not allowed. I think they might have said that last year as well though and I saw both, granted the sharing wasn't quite as blatant as when they were in their old location and people brought a keg.

3. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

AFAIK, nobody allows 'camping' (tents, etc). That said, you can loiter in line outside the venues and have a beer. I've sat out for the past 5 (?) years @ the wine and hop shop and most people keep to themselves and try to catch a few hours of sleep. It's not really a party atmosphere. It also a residential neighborhood and most people are aware that upsetting the neighbors won't end well for the people waiting in line for tickets.

4. mitchellandvanessa

mitchellandvanessa Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2012 Wisconsin

We will be at star before midnight with cards against humanity and some choice stuff to share. Anyone else coming out?

5. kodymupa

kodymupa Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2010 Illinois

Can't make it up to Madison this weekend. So ISO a ticket. Will try mail but have got shut out past two years as well. BM with offers

6. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2011 Illinois

Novice question, but how early is good enough to line up? I'm planning on getting to Madison around nine.

7. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

You mean p.m. tonight, right? Because 9:00 a.m. will likely leave you in the danger zone.

FWIW, We usually line up around 4 a.m. Sunday.

8. kiwifuz

kiwifuz Devotee (364) Oct 27, 2005 Indiana

Agree. 9am will pretty much guarantee you to go home empty handed from most locations. We usually get there around 6ish and I think it's pretty much full by 8.

9. Pintofbrown

We will be in Madison at about 6 PM. We are bringing some beers to share. We want to hang out overnight at Vintage.

Anyone else going to be there? Should we think about being somewhere else? Cheers gang!

10. Pintofbrown

Also, I think our group is most excited about the stuff going on at One Barrel and Tipsy Cow tonight. Any other events we are glazing over?

11. kiwifuz

Just finished tacos and Mezcal beer at Tex Tubbs Taco Palace. Not a bad start to the night!

12. kiwifuz

This year has me concerned w the concentration of locations and same allocation at each. We'll see what morning brings?

13. mitchellandvanessa

mitchellandvanessa Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2012 Wisconsin

400 tickets at star this year. Lines already out the lot. About 3 hours ahead of last year.

14. nsmartell

nsmartell Pundit (962) Aug 17, 2007 Wisconsin

About 90 people at Malt House a few minutes before 5.

15. GonkDroid

GonkDroid Devotee (319) Apr 30, 2011 Illinois

About 40 in line at Steve's University at 5:30

16. henshawb

henshawb Crusader (470) May 4, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

I was told vintage brewing was full when i showed up. We went to Steves University and should be good. Its starting to look pretty full though

17. nsmartell

nsmartell Pundit (962) Aug 17, 2007 Wisconsin

Heard line at Tyranena is low.

18. Wisconsinality

Wisconsinality Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2009 Wisconsin

Malt House is past full and it looks like people don't get the concept of a line.

19. StoughtonGuy

StoughtonGuy Devotee (300) Mar 19, 2013 Wisconsin

Around 160 folks now at university ave at Steve's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.