Green Flash tallboys in six packs?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by elNopalero, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (4,658) Oct 14, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Hi folks,

I haven't paid much attention to Green Flash lately. That seems to be consistent with most of the buying public, given recent news surrounding them. So I was at the grocery store and saw a six pack of Green Flash Reflex IPA in16 oz cans, on sale for $8.00. ...at least, I think I did. I took a picture of the date stamp so I could try to figure out what that archaic code meant. ($8 for a sixer is a good deal, unless the beer is ancient, right?) I should have taken a picture of the whole can, since my short-term memory now has me wondering if Green Flash sells a six-pack of 16oz. IPA cans? From what I could find they sell conventional six-packs and 19 oz. singles. And these were taller than the normal sized cans. Does the distributor send out singles in six-pack form for the store to break apart? Am I easily confused in my old age? I thought hops were good for mental acuity!

HorseheadsHophead likes this.
  2. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

Sounds like a fire sale as they'll no longer be distributing in Texas. So yes, you probably saw what you saw, and yes, it is probably ancient.

3. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,109) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Ya they seem to be marketing these 6 packs of 16oz cans lately. I don't know what Reflex IPA is and haven't tried it, and I also haven't noted the price but I have seen these around.

4. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

I don't know how they stay in business, it's a super slow turner here, and as far as I can tell it's always older stock.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

They don't package anything called "reflex IPA", you sure it wasn't Remix IPA? If so, that beer was just launched at the end of January, so that can can't be more than a couple months old.

6. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,200) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Had to be Remix, and Green Flash is still distributing to Texas, it is/was one of the 18 states they were to remain in that was going to be sourced from the Cali brewery. Now what has me wondering is what will happen to the east coast now that they have shuttered the VA brewery, will they continue to ship out there? I expect announcements this week since they refused to discuss this towards the end of last week when the brewery closing became public.

7. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,514) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

as noted in the "Beer News" thread re Green Flash post #31:

Green Flash to close Virginia Beach brewery, stop distributing to East Coast

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,078) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

9. Kemblain

Kemblain Initiate (111) Jan 18, 2018 New York

Bummer. I just had their blonde and it was decent enough.

10. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (2,017) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Wow, if GF had just done this instead or changing from 6 packs to 4 packs and changing recipes they could of kept that VA spot open and probably started international distribution. Day late and a few liquid ounces short.

11. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (4,658) Oct 14, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Update: It was indeed Remix, not Reflex--not to be confused with Reflux, which I imagine to be a terrible tasting sour beer--and it was long gone by the time I made it back to the store. What a great price for a six pack, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.