Grey Sail - Raise a Glass of Rising Hope

Discussion in 'New England' started by LeRose, Jul 3, 2018.

1. LeRose

LeRose Meyvn (1,291) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Premium Member

Not sure if this is listed in events or not, but figured it warrants a bit of the ol' publicity...

Join us on Friday July 6, 2018
    Raise a glass of Rising Hope!
    We are proud to partner with The National Pediatric Cancer Foundation and made a beer called Rising Hope! It is a New England Style Hazy IPA 6.7% dry hopped with Vic Secret, Bru-1 and Topaz, and Ekuanot in the Whirlpool.
    We will donate 100% of all proceeds (not just profit, but all proceeds) to Brewing Funds the Cure. This is a truly original collaboration between the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation and participating breweries with all proceeds to benefit children who are battling cancer. The NPCF funds collaborative research in hospitals across the nation to fast track less toxic, more targeted treatments that are saving many children’s lives. So, raise a brew and enjoy. Because every beer helps raise money and raise hope for these courageous kids.

Jwale73, matthewp, meefmoff and 3 others like this.
  2. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Aspirant (298) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Very cool thing to do. Wish I could make it up. I had an experimental series 100% galaxy NEIPA there last summer and was pretty taken aback by how good it was. Curious to see how this one shakes out. Interesting hop bill.

meefmoff, jhavs and LeRose like this.
  3. matthewp

matthewp Aspirant (228) Feb 27, 2015 Massachusetts

Just to clarify this is the Grey Sail Brewery in RI? I did a quick google search and the only thing that comes up is a collaboration with Cigar Brewing in Florida with Brew Bus. Do you have a link to more details?

4. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (244) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Grey Sail in RI. Event is on FB.

5. matthewp

Ah thanks, so many breweries only update Facebook anymore. I hadn't thought to look there.

meefmoff likes this.
  6. LeRose

LeRose Meyvn (1,291) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Premium Member

Sorry about the lack of clarity there - I am not a Facebook expert. The text portion showed up in my inbox...I understand e-mail :-)

7. pbrian

pbrian Zealot (583) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Probably the test batch for the Galaxy IPA they put out under the Wheel House series, good stuff indeed

8. matthewp

Ha, no problem. One of the only reasons I joined Facebook was to get beer news :wink: I don't really care about the other junk on there.

9. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Aspirant (298) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

10. Sweatshirt

Beer Trader

I'm headed up tomorrow (today) .I'll report back.

DarkDragon999 likes this.
  11. DarkDragon999

Yeah I kinda understand why a brewery isn't going to release a regular plain old kolsch in 2108 but Im still kinda curious about this one. Koslch isnt a style that tons of American breweries make so when I find one, Im intrigued about it.

12. Sweatshirt

Beer Trader

I mean, it is fruited. Exibit A and the local to me Henniker make plain koslch style beers that seem to do ok. I like both very much.

It isn't 2108 yet, but passion fruit in a 'koslch' feels very 2018 .

13. Sweatshirt

Beer Trader

8 pounds of passion fruit per bbl. It drowns out everything about the beer that isnt fruit. Honestly tasted like carbonated juice. As a koslch I wasn't impressed. It was pretty tasty and refeshing though. I'd get a glass agian sometime if I could.

DarkDragon999 likes this.
  14. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (212) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I agree with everything you said, except that it still tasted like a beer to me-awesome hot weather beverage. The cask Jenny was a nice treat; not the best cask, but I always appreciate when breweries make the attempt and effort on cask offerings. Visited with my family today-was a nice spot-cool main building and chill beer garden.

Sweatshirt likes this.
  15. DarkDragon999

Had the Kolsch on Sunday. Kolsch I got for 8.99. It was fine. Solid B or B- range. The finish seemed a bit off though and I cant explain why. Very bitter after taste to me.