Hair of the dog (2020)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by John_M, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,359) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

The 2020 Cherry Adam was released today, and apparently in celebration, they have the 2016 on tap (it's really, really good!). Am having my annual bottle of 2103 matt, which is still, but drinking very well. Would love to try the new cherry adam, but am at my limit for beer today. However, if someone were to come by in the next half hour, I'll buy a bottle if they promise to drink most of the rest.

Wearing my customary darkness cap and N. Coast brother thelonious so you can recognize my ugly self.

NWer, vurt, DefenCorps and 2 others like this.
  2. NWer

NWer Champion (801) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

I know where I'll be my next visit to PDX. Can't wait to try it.

3. davey

davey Initiate (119) Aug 18, 2006 Oregon
    Trader

Maple Fred on tap now. Definitely worth a stop if you’re around

kemoarps and John_M like this.
  4. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Would also add that John's market apparently just got in a huge supply of 2019 DC, 2019 Bourbon Fred, 2019 Cherry Adam and 2019 Matt. They had the biggest display of HOTD beer I've ever seen.

I had a very difficult time prying myself away from the display case.

5. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I'm surprised to hear it's still on tap. Had a glass something like a month ago and completely agree. A tad sweet I thought, but excellent stuff otherwise. May get another glass tomorrow before heading out to dinner on date night.

vurt likes this.
  6. NWer

NWer Champion (801) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

Marathon road trip to Santa Rosa Monday so won't have time to stop. Maybe on the way back on following Friday if they still have it. Tempting. Hmmm. Maple Fred.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  7. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (6,369) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

Anyone open a bottle of the new Cherry Adam yet? Usually this beer is$15, but this batch is $18, which makes me think Alan thinks REALLY highly of this vintage.

kemoarps likes this.
  8. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (334) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

I had a bottle at the brewery. This years was made with sour cherries. It was still real good, but I preferred the previous years a little more. I thought the sour cherries dominated the taste too much over the bourbon barrel. It's selling for $15 though, not $18.

9. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (6,369) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

If they've swapped the cherries, I'm definitely intrigued. Few beers are as intense yet as balanced as the earlier batches of this beer!

10. derftron

derftron Devotee (451) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon

i had the new one. very good. carbonated.

used sour cherries, but its not too sour at all. i really like it. and it was $15 when i saw it

kemoarps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.