Hair of the Dog 20th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Dajtai007, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (239) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I have no interest in keeping the other variants contained in the six-pack after the anniversary brew. If anyone wants the other four bottles (wishful thinking, I know), please BM me and I will sell them at the price paid immediately at the evening session. I will have two six-packs in total, so 8 available bottles.

2. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Disciple (345) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

You took the words out of my mouth.

FYI, cost is apparently $88 not $80.

3. Lansman

Beer Trader

He was referring to my comment about my slight adjustment in pricing (my math added to $82, I modified the pricing to be $67 via wishful thinking, i.e., not including Michael in the price of the six-pack). I read his comments as the price being $80.

NWer likes this.
  4. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Disciple (345) Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Ah!

5. NWer

NWer Crusader (707) Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Cut from Facebook page
    Alan Sprints"The 6 pack is $80"
    Yup. Pretty clear to me.

6. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2008 Oregon

Can't speak for the newest Michael, but I will say I bought an '09 at Saraveza about 7 months ago and, upon drinking, found it to be quite sublime. So much so that I rushed down to Bailey's to nab a bottle and threw it in my cellar, which I will age a similar amount of time, hoping for a similar result. Was totally surprised at how rad it was. Have no idea how it tasted new, however.

Lansman likes this.
  7. NWer

Beer Trader

I have no problem with everything in the sixpack. Looking forward to all of them. Especially the Cherry Adam that I've not been able to land so far.

CaptainQ likes this.
  8. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,533) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

A friend of mine back East wants the 6 pack, or I wouldn't bother to buy it. Like you, the only beer I'm really interested in is the Pannepooch, but having to buy a bottle of Michael, FFTW, Cherry Adam and DC is more than I want to spend for that privilege.

9. John_M

Beer Trader

Hmmm.... this is starting to make me think I must be spoiled. :-)

10. CardsWinAgain

CardsWinAgain Aspirant (225) Jul 24, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I'm not thrilled about being forced to buy Michael and Doggie Claws... Also, FftW was $7 to go a few months ago at the brewery -- now if we want pannepooch bottles we're forced to buy a $15 bottle of FftW? 2010 Doggie Claws is still on the shelf at Super Deli Mart in West Seattle for less than $7 a too. Not Cool.

I wouldn't mind if the Pannepooch is the worst beer ever made and I can save $80, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

11. NWer

Beer Trader

Well, he is "discounting" the beers by $8 based on his math and you don't have to pay sales tax. That counts for something :slight_smile:
    No complaints here.

12. box_social

box_social Initiate (116) Mar 6, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Bourbon Fred was $7, FftW was $14

13. CardsWinAgain

Beer Trader

Oh ok. I was thinking of the bourbon Fred. That makes it a little better.

14. Lansman

Beer Trader

Want to double or triple your allotment of Cherry Adam and the rest of the bunch? :slight_smile:

15. CardsWinAgain

Beer Trader

Or
    quadruple?

16. NWer

Beer Trader

No, you just have a very sophisticated palate.

17. NWer

Beer Trader

Ah BA friends. Where would I be without them.

18. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Devotee (482) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

19. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Disciple (312) Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

It says $18 a bottle on site consumption only.

20. Lansman

Beer Trader

I'll consider that a resounding YES.

21. John_M

Beer Trader

I may be mistaken, but I took that to mean that's the "on site consumption" price. Assuming that's the case, typically you can order as many as you want (well, at least until you start falling off your bar seat, at which point they'll probably cut you off). :-)

22. Phobicsquirrel

Beer Trader

ah so basically shell out 80 bucks for the sixer or pay 18 to drink there or use tokens for 5oz pours. gotit. wish we weren't limited to only getting these in 6ers

23. Phobicsquirrel

Beer Trader

this is almost more expensive than matt... well actually it is and it seems many people are being made to get other stuff they don't want in order to get 2 bottles of the new stuff. I have a feeling that after the party it's announced that a dock release will happen people are going to be furious.

24. NWer

Beer Trader

No need to be furious. Just don't buy it & take your chances there will be a dock release later & you won't have to stand in line for five hours.

25. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

When it comes to HOTD, it seems that some people do need to be furious, no matter what happens.

deGardebrewing and NWer like this.
  26. anteater

anteater Crusader (767) Sep 10, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I feel that its a gamble either way... I'll probably just get the 6er because I tried Pannepooch on tap a while back and it was seriously amazing.

27. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

I don't like to have to buy bottles that I don't want to get bottles that I do. That is the same as a store owner saying that you need to spend $50 of a variety of shelf beers before they will sell you some limited bottle that you want.

28. OregonHopmonster

OregonHopmonster Aspirant (234) Jan 15, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

When Goose Island came back into the Oregon market rumor was they would decide if we would get (deserve?) BCBS based on how much of their mainline beers we buy. Parallels?

29. kscaldef

Beer Trader

Which is, of course, something that never, ever happens. No store ever keeps stuff in the back for their best customers. Nope.

30. NWer

Beer Trader

Interesting because I refuse to buy Goose Island mainline beers because they hold back their BCBS. I don't call that a parallel I call that a Catch 22.

#390 NWer, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  31. Phobicsquirrel

Beer Trader

I feel the same way, no reason bcbs should be not sent here.

NWer likes this.
  32. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,132) May 21, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'll gladly buy the ones you don't want. ;-)

33. pushkinwow

pushkinwow Initiate (69) Dec 20, 2006 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

If anyone needs or wants two tickets to the first session let me know or send me a message.

34. Shmeal

Shmeal Devotee (409) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

You can't make it?! But who's going to get me more Cantillon?!

35. NWer

Beer Trader

Ten pages of machinations & speculation before the party even starts. Is that a record? :slight_smile:

beertunes likes this.
  36. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Crusader (730) May 10, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

If anybody does not want their Cherry Adam, let me know - gf and I cracked my only bottle in anticipation last night, and damn it was good!

On a related note, we'll be closing it down at Upright tonight, so if anybody wants to come share a beer feel free. She outclasses me 10:1, so I should be pretty easy to spot. No cowboy hat though, sorry to burst bubbles.

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  37. Lansman

Beer Trader

Thanks for all of the responses. The bottles have been claimed.

38. pushkinwow

pushkinwow Initiate (69) Dec 20, 2006 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Lol...I will be there... We ended up with 4 tickets :slight_smile:

39. kscaldef

Beer Trader

Nah... you should go check out what happens in some of the other regional forums.

40. DimensionX

DimensionX Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

getting excited!

Now I just need to figure out the logistics of all my IP trades:sunglasses:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.