Half Time Shipping Updates

Discussion in 'Extreme Beer Fest in Cyberspace (2021)' started by Todd, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Put the wrong town (but the right zip and address) on my order and contacted half-time to be safe. My three friends and I are in CT and we are all confused by GIO's tracking system.

2. Loghead2510

Loghead2510 Aspirant (240) Oct 19, 2018 New Jersey
    Society

Are there different Hydras being shipped out or is it all the same one? Which variation(s)?

REVZEB likes this.
  3. astrobrewer

astrobrewer Initiate (177) Sep 11, 2002 Arizona
    Society

Mine just arrived today, 1/20/21, in Phoenix AZ. It's gonna be hard waiting two weeks.

Todd likes this.
  4. jckeller1

jckeller1 Aspirant (202) Dec 15, 2020 Indiana
    Society

Excited that mine arrived today (Indianapolis, IN area)! Looking forward to the Beer Fest event!

Todd likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (6,714) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

It should be all the same.

REVZEB likes this.
  6. poisoneddwarf

poisoneddwarf Defender (697) Mar 26, 2010 Idaho
    Society

Not sure if this is the right spot to report an issue with my box, but I received two Other Half beers and no Dogfish Hazy-O. Anybody else have any issues like this?

jpcfish likes this.
  7. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Poo-Bah (3,470) Sep 11, 2002 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Tracking shows that my package has been sitting at someone's house in NY for two days. Not sure what the story is, but I will wait and see. I hope they don't need a signature but never tell me when they have arrived, like UPS did recently.

8. Todd

From the FAQ, I'd contact onlineorder@halftimebeverage.com or call at 845-462-7899.

9. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,225) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Got my tracking today. Have a brand new wine/beer fridge in the garage, redid my office and made a space for it, going to try and get it moved in this week if work is slow. Logistics on this killing me as I found out I am hosting my oldest daughters B-day party that Saturday, so I will be there on Friday. Since my youngest daughter, who was doing this with me, is taking my oldest daughter out Friday, looks like I will be flying solo thru those bottles. God Bless me the next morning

readyski, sulldaddy and Todd like this.
  10. JonAdams

JonAdams Aspirant (238) Feb 28, 2014 Arizona
    Society

Hey! That's just what I received yesterday here in PHX. And the beers were cold! Put them in the 48F beer fridge for now.

Cheers - Jon

thebeers likes this.
  11. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (4,661) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

same confusion here. I clicked the linked number and it looked like it hasnt even been assigned yet and is sitting in NJ. but so many steps at the top of the screen had nothing marked. Maybe I should have just drove to pick it up? oh well, still excited for the beers

mmalley likes this.
  12. bodonnell

bodonnell Initiate (91) Apr 29, 2011 Texas
    Society

Just got mine in TX!!

Todd likes this.
  13. bagpiper4

bagpiper4 Initiate (80) Feb 24, 2008 Idaho
    Society

Waiting for my shipment transported by GLS. Since it has to be signed for, I spent the day yesterday staying home only to discover GLS changed the shipping date to the next day (the updated tracking information appeared yesterday evening) meaning I will have the spend the entire day home today waiting for the shipment. Their nearest holding location is in Spokane, WA, 100 miles away and they will not give me an approximate delivery time so I cannot leave the house today. Love Beer Advocate and have been to the festivals in Boston a few times, but please use another shipper for Idaho--GLS is a poor choice.

14. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,225) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Just a heads up. I am in Texas and got my shipping notification last nite. Tried checking on the tracker and it said label was created. Today tried checking and it is out for delivery. In looking the Shipping notification said it was shipped on the 15th, so something was out of whack with their shipping process. So check your tracking daily to see if it is out for delivery.

15. shand

shand Poo-Bah (1,765) Jul 13, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

I just received my box in FL from Sonic - no notification beforehand.

16. BrianAlt

BrianAlt Initiate (67) Feb 25, 2011 New Jersey
    Society

Got my box today!

17. cyclonece09

cyclonece09 Poo-Bah (2,652) Aug 5, 2008 Wisconsin
    Society

Wisconsin delivery made this morning. Note, UDS has drivers in their own cars, so mine was made in a subcompact.

Todd likes this.
  18. SiobhanTX

SiobhanTX Disciple (330) Aug 16, 2013 Texas
    Society

Shipping beer to Texas, it is sent to Lone Star Online (LSO) in Dallas and distributed by them (last mile) due to TABC laws. When the shipping label is created, it's likely not left Half Time, let alone made its way to Dallas by then. I order from Tippsy (Sake) and Half Time frequently and they both work this way.

19. Scobeezie

Scobeezie Initiate (5) Apr 12, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Society

I'm hopeful that I can actually sign for my shipment tomorrow, because UPS has shown up at 2:30 the past two days and only left a "missed shipment" note today...some of us work during the day...

I wish there had been a way to actually schedule the shipment to an evening prior to all of this happening, because the UPS website won't let me do anything. I just have to hope that when I get home from work tomorrow around 1:30 that I won't have missed the shipment for a third time.

20. Todd

I'd contact Half Time. From the FAQ: https://www.beeradvocate.com/extreme/#faq

21. puck1225

puck1225 Poo-Bah (4,338) Dec 22, 2013 Texas
    Society Trader

Got it. Wow! Beer delivery in Texas!

SiobhanTX and Todd like this.
  22. jpcfish

jpcfish Initiate (179) Jan 19, 2021 Oklahoma
    Society

Same issue. 2 other half, no Hazy-O.

23. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Devotee (437) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Was worried about having to sign for the box if it was delivered while at work but they just dropped it off today no issues, thankfully!

StoutElk_92 and Todd like this.
  24. Todd

Please contact Half Time and let them know.

jpcfish likes this.
  25. HowlinTom

HowlinTom Initiate (116) Jan 12, 2021 Texas
    Society

Yep, we had the same problem.

jpcfish likes this.
  26. Superiorspud

Superiorspud Initiate (121) Jan 22, 2021 Texas
    Society Trader

I got mine at 8:30 am today. As I think has been mentioned the shipping posts have been going out a little close to the arrival days with some of the couriers. I got shipping notice at 10:30 last night. Checked spam and no other messages. Hope you get yours soon!

kbenson likes this.
  27. jpcfish

Society

Sent an e-mail yesterday, still awaiting a response.

28. jpcfish

Society

You may want to check it. Mine didn’t have Hazy-O and I’m not getting any help e-mailing them.

29. jpcfish

Society

I got a reply. Here it is in its entirety: “There were some beers that needed to be swapped out due to availability, I believe.” No name, no apology. Looks like I have to sit the first one out.

30. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Poo-Bah (3,313) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

My package was dropped off this morning in MA, so look out. All beers look good and unique. Cheers!

Todd likes this.
  31. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (4,661) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Package dropped at my house today in coastal Connecticut by GIO Express. No email or text notification, but package at the front door this afternoon. Keep your eyes peeled @Lupin !!

Todd and StoutElk_92 like this.
  32. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Friends in Milford both got theirs Thursday. Friend in Bridgeport got his yesterday. Friend in Hamden and I (Ansonia) are awaiting. Hopefully my zip code issue gets resolved.

sulldaddy likes this.
  33. Todd

Update: @jpcfish got a reply from a new employee at Half Time. For non-fest orders they have a policy to swap for a similar beer if one it's available. The employee was replying to fests orders as they would their standard orders.

I've forwarded your emails to Half Time. They're going to reach out and send cans of Hazy-O! to you ASAP.

34. JeffBoyd716

JeffBoyd716 Initiate (5) Jan 16, 2021 New York
    Society

Just got my box today with only three of the beers in it. Waiting on a reply from half time but it looks like I may not be festing with you all after all

#74 JeffBoyd716, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  35. Todd

We’ll alert Half Time who’ll reach out to look into this and fix it ASAP.

36. JeffBoyd716

JeffBoyd716 Initiate (5) Jan 16, 2021 New York
    Society

Thank you, I appreciate it

37. Todd

No worries. Sounds like Half Time is on it.

38. jpcfish

Society

Thanks so much! Got a phone call from them this afternoon. They said they were going to ship me a Hazy O! Really appreciate you!

Todd likes this.
  39. WhoaShutItDown

WhoaShutItDown Disciple (317) May 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

Has anyone gotten contacted about picking up their beer at Half Time?

40. HowlinTom

HowlinTom Initiate (116) Jan 12, 2021 Texas
    Society

Thanks. They called today to let me know they were sending me a Hazy O.

Todd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.