Half Time Shipping Updates

Discussion in 'Extreme Beer Fest in Cyberspace (2021)' started by Todd, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpdags

cpdags (0) Jan 13, 2021 New York
    Society

Has anyone who chose the "pick up" option received any info from Halftime? I have sent emails, but have received no response.

2. WhoaShutItDown

WhoaShutItDown (0) May 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

I chose pick up too, but haven't heard anything. My order shows processing on Half Times website as of this morning.

Honestly, I'm concerned I'm going to get notified late beause I'm about 2 hours away from their Poughkeepsie store. I assumed we could pick up the beer anytime between between 1/25 and 2/5, so I planned to go this weekend. I did send them an email immediately after ordering saying I wanted to pick up and they responded back within 10 mins that I was all set for that.

3. cryptichead

cryptichead (1,226) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

I saw that @HalfTime was active on another thread. Maybe they can chime in here?

4. palphen

palphen (0) May 17, 2006 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Has anyone in MA, particularly Middlesex County/ Merrimack Valley gotten their box yet? I'm in Lowell and I have not seen the box and the GIO "tracking info" has not moved since it was sent to me a week ago.

5. Todd

Todd Founder (2,497) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

I just gave them access to this forum about an hour ago.

6. cpdags

Society

Same here - I planned on picking up any day over that period (and sent immediate emails saying I want to pick up). I haven’t even received an acknowledgment that they received my emails

7. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo (0) Sep 11, 2002 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Same here (I am in the Merrimack Valley). I emailed Half Time last Thursday 21Jan2021, and they replied the same day that I should contact Gio Express, but Gio Express has no contact information on their tracking page. As of today, 27Jan2021, tracking indicates my package has moved from NJ to Stoughton, MA, but there is no estimated delivery date.

Based on this experience so far, I would not order from Half Time again.

8. alanp11

alanp11 (0) May 25, 2014 New York
    Society

Not yet. I was just about to contact them to see what's up.

9. jbart

jbart (0) Oct 2, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

I am in Boston and the useless tracking info is the same for me.

UncleJimbo likes this.
  10. tmm1280

tmm1280 (0) Feb 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

I am in Methuen and the tracking info indicated it was in Stoughton, MA on Friday night and now when I check it says delivery complete and the package is back in New Rochelle, NY. I have been home each day and never received a missed delivery notice.

11. UncleJimbo

Society Trader

Now the tracking page says it was picked up today in New Rochelle, NY. Very confusing.

I called Gio Express because their web page says they can be contacted 24/7, but the woman who answered sounded like I woke her up and said I needed to call back after 9:30 am.

12. jbertsch

jbertsch (938) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

My box too went from Stoughton to New Rochelle NY and then I got the box later that same day.

13. jbart

jbart (0) Oct 2, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Yep - I just got mine and the tracking also said Stoughton to New Rochelle and then to Boston 40 minutes later. Bizarre tracking.

StoutElk_92 likes this.
  14. tmm1280

tmm1280 (0) Feb 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Just got mine too!

15. cpdags

Society

Did you get any further information? Clearly emailing them gets nowhere.

16. Lupin

Lupin (0) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Anyone else in CT still waiting for a package? Got through to halftime about my address issue (wrong city, right zip code) and they said it shouldn't be a problem. I'm in Ansonia.

17. gpapp9631

gpapp9631 (0) Jun 19, 2015 New Jersey
    Society

I had chosen the pick up option and even had emails from Halftime saying I was all set to go and then 24 hours later got the email that my box shipped. Box arrived last week but was hoping to get that $24 back. Oh well. Ended up with 2011 dogfish vintage

18. HalfTime

HalfTime (0) Nov 30, 2003 New York
    Trader

Hey all, as you might imagine we've been inundated with emails and questions regarding when the boxes will ship, how in-store pickup will work, etc. Our team is doing its best to respond to all inquiries in the order in which they came in - apologies if anyone here hasn't received a response yet!

A short explanation regarding the wonky tracking info that some of you have been experiencing. Due to dumb and outdated laws, companies that ship beer like us aren't able to use the typical carriers like UPS/FedEx for certain states, and are forced to use smaller (and sometimes less organized) companies. MA for instance is serviced by GIO, who has a reputation for not being the most transparent with tracking. They'll get the package to its destination alright, but they unfortunately just do not share a ton of info as to its whereabouts along the way. Rest assured all EBF packages have been shipped though, and we're not expecting any to arrive late.

In-store pickups will be offered at our Poughkeepsie location starting tomorrow, 1/28. This info has not been emailed out yet, but it will be soon -- you heard it here first :wink:

If anyone still has any outstanding questions, feel free to @ mention us here, now that we have access to the forum! I'll make sure to get you an answer.

Speaking as an attendee of EBF myself over many years, we are truly honored to be involved with this amazing event, with all of you amazing people. Cheers! :beers:

jcoleMA66, Rug, BrianAlt and 8 others like this.
  19. cpdags

Society

What about Mamaroneck pick up? and return of the shipping cost (which I would gladly also take in in store credit also)!

20. kalexeff

kalexeff (85) Nov 15, 2020 Ohio
    Society Trader

I live in Ohio. Some company called Priority Dispatch was supposed to deliver my box. I never got any e-mails or calls from them. But I kept checking the tracking number that Half Time gave me. All of a sudden, on Monday, the tracking site said my box was delivered at 2:38 PM and that I signed for it. Unfortunately, that’s impossible. No one was home. And I got no box. I’m pretty sure that they never delivered it. But I can’t get through to a real person and they don’t answer my messages. Half Time is checking on it, but they are just going to say that I signed for it. Some delivery van driver is probably already enjoying my beers, and I’m afraid that I won’t be sampling for the fest now either.

21. UncleJimbo

Society Trader

My package arrived on my doorstep this afternoon at some point. Yay!

HalfTime and Todd like this.
  22. erosier

erosier (0) Sep 26, 2007 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Yes, I'm in Shelton, still waiting for my package as well. It looks like it was picked up over a week ago and that's all the information I have on it.

23. donayer

donayer (0) Nov 23, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

My favorite thing about the crappy GIO tracking system is the "Target Delivery" date that has big letters "Tuesday JAN 26" and then a little "by 12:00AM". I'm pretty sure they intended that to mean that it will arrive on Tuesday, but what it literally means is that it will arrive on Monday before midnight. They could change it to 11:59 or 12:01 and avoid the problem entirely. And it's now Thursday, by the way. Still no beer here.

24. mmalley

mmalley (0) Apr 6, 2017 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I'm in Worcester MA - GIO tracking said delivery date was 1/26 but I got my box on 1/22 with no heads up. Glad I was here to accept the box.

At one point it said my box was in New Rochelle NY, then it went to Stoughton, MA - then back to New Rochelle - then it was at my door. Very confusing tracking with GIO.

25. HalfTime

Trader

Hey, so if you selected In-Store Pickup in Mamaroneck at checkout, that will also be starting today! Email with more info to be sent out shortly. As for shipping credits, those were just issued, so you'll see a refund on your card within a few business days :grimacing:

26. HalfTime

Trader

Wow, this a major bummer. Unfortunately we do see this from time to time, as anyone who has shipped or traded beer can probably attest. You said you are already in conversation with our staff regarding possible resolutions? Feel free to DM if you need any more assistance.

27. HalfTime

Trader

CT is also fulfilled by GIO currently, so unfortunately the same spotty tracking info applies here. However, we're told EBF packages are being delivered in CT throughout this week, and possibly early next week as well.

28. Lupin

Society Trader

That's an awfully wide delivery window (12 days from last Thursday to next Monday) for such a small state when the boxes were seemingly already picked up.

29. kalexeff

Society Trader

I talked to Tim today and he was SUPER helpful. It sounds like Half Time Beverages is going above and beyond to help me. Hopefully they don’t have to use the same delivery service. If they do, I’m not going to get my hopes up until I have the box in hand.
    Thank you!

30. WhoaShutItDown

WhoaShutItDown (0) May 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society

I got the email for pickup today and my shipping refunded. Thanks @HalfTime!

31. cpdags

Society

same here. Thank you @HalfTime !

32. kalexeff

Society Trader

UPDATE: I got home from work today and my delivery from Monday magically appeared. I don’t even care where it was for the last three days. I’m just happy it’s here. Looks like I’ll be sampling next weekend after all.

sulldaddy, BrianAlt, HalfTime and 2 others like this.
  33. Lupin

Society Trader

Looks like my box is coming tomorrow from "TNT delivery" -- they called this morning at 7:25 and "all the trucks had left for today" when I called back an hour later. Anyways, hooray beer!

34. erosier

erosier (0) Sep 26, 2007 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Arrived safely this morning, thank you very much!

sulldaddy, HalfTime and Todd like this.
  35. alanp11

alanp11 (0) May 25, 2014 New York
    Society

Just picked up my package from Half Time Mamaroneck. Very Happy!

Rug and Todd like this.
  36. Lupin

Society Trader

My beer didn't get delivered today and, while I'm not really worried, this delivery company is legitimately awful at delivering things.

A 7:25AM call on a Friday to confirm an address with an 8:30AM callback being too late to catch their trucks before they left, followed by a no-show on the stated delivery day. It's a good thing my job has shifted to remote so I can hopefully catch the box early next week.

@HalfTime: if there is a way to avoid these people in the future, please do so. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here. I changed some plans around today to make sure I would be home with ID and to ensure the beers wouldn't freeze. Aggravating.

37. emptyglassagain

emptyglassagain (465) Jun 3, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

What a mess. I got my box although it was just dropped off with no signature and the same disastrous tracking info others experienced. It sounds like Half Time was well aware of Gio’s issues but uses them anyways. Halftime makes money but customers have issues.
    People getting the wrong beers? That would fall directly on halftime.
    Meanwhile my 3 emails to Half Time about a partial order received (ordered my EBF box along with other beers. Got some beers in December but not all) all went unresponded to. I’ve given up on them now.
    Am I glad that I have an EBF box? Absolutely.
    Am I thankful to Todd and Beer Advocate? Sure am!
    Will I ever order from Half Time again?Definitely not!

UncleJimbo likes this.
  38. CapeMark

CapeMark (0) Jan 15, 2021 Massachusetts
    Society

Still waiting for delivery from GIO here on Cape Cod. Their tracking site seems to indicate I should have expected delivery a week ago... hope it arrives intact before Friday and that it was not frozen en route!

39. HalfTime

Trader

We hear you, and completely share your frustrations with GIO (and several other national carriers who will go unnamed). This forum is only a microcosm of the all customer service issues and requests related to them that we field on a daily basis :weary: The unfortunate truth is that these carriers are currently our only option to service customers in these states (RI, CT, and MA for GIO). It's a reflection of how backwards and convoluted the beer laws are in this country :sob: I promise you, we are looking high and low for an alternative.

40. HalfTime

Trader

If I'm not mistaken, one of our owners recently got in touch with you directly to work out an agreeable resolution to your issue from December. I've just sent you a DM to confirm that this is the case!

Regardless, just to explain for anyone reading this, we have scaled up our ecommerce department considerably in the past few months to accommodate the demand during the pandemic, and for virtual festivals like this. We now have a considerably larger staff, much greater resources, and a stronger infrastructure around customer service even compared to 2 months ago, and we anticipate things being much smoother from here on out! We're still fairly new to e-commerce (our website and shipping department are only about 1 year old) and are learning quickly. But we will always go above and beyond to make our customers happy :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.