Harpoon Brewery Gets $3.5mil in Finance For Expansion, Visitor Center & Beer Hall

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Jason, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber

2. sailorastro

sailorastro Apr 24, 2011 Connecticut

Great news! I was just at their visitor center over the weekend for a couple of growlers. An expansion of their visitor center is a well needed update to their popular demand.

3. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

I really hope this is set up like a German beer hall. Because there's virtually none of those in Boston..........plenty of "Irish" Pubs though!

4. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I think Harpoon does a really good job, especially with the Leviathan Series. Just wish I lived closer to the Boston area.

5. fritts211

fritts211 Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

I'd go. I visited their brewery when I turned 21 and was in Boston... a damn cool tasting, I like the "all you can sample" in an hour angle.

6. jamvt

jamvt Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

from what i understand the "german beer hall" set-up is exactly what they are going for.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe