Harpoon Brewery Partners with Boston’s Iconic Mike’s Pastry to Release a Cannoli-Inspired Stout

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,513) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Brewed with actual Mike’s cannoli shells, Harpoon Mike’s Pastry Cannoli Stout combines the creations of two classic Boston institutions

Boston, MA – February 21, 2020Harpoon Brewery is partnering with Mike’s Pastry, the world famous pastry shop, to brew up a limited release beer that pairs this delicious combo in a whole new way: Harpoon Mike’s Pastry Cannoli Stout. https://www.harpoonbrewery.com/beer-finder/.

Cannoli-fanatics and beer-lovers can attend the Harpoon Mike’s Pastry Cannoli Stout launch party at the Harpoon Boston Beer Hall on Thursday, February 27 from 7:30-9:30pm. Attendees will be able to get a first taste of the new beer and top their own cannolis with a DIY cannoli bar from Mike’s Pastry.

For every case of the beer sold, a portion of proceeds will be donated to a charity of Mike’s Pastry’s choosing: Christmas in the City, a Boston-based local non-profit that provides financial support to families experiencing homelessness and poverty.

About the Harpoon Brewery:
    The Harpoon Brewery was founded in 1986 by beer lovers who wanted more and better beer options. When the Brewery was founded, Harpoon was issued Brewing Permit #001 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, since it was the first to brew commercially in Boston after a dormant period of about 25 years. Harpoon’s line of craft beer features its award-winning IPA and seasonal beers, along with special limited releases. In 2014, Harpoon became an employee-owned company.

###

woemad likes this.
  2. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (53) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

3. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (364) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Bova's or GTFO.

AlcahueteJ and dr_ewvetere like this.
  4. meefmoff

meefmoff Devotee (446) Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was going to make the same crack about Modern Pastry.

I'm hardly a cannoli connoisseur though. Is Bova's actually the true king?

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  5. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Meyvn (1,185) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

Damnit, gotta be quick around here. I was also going to make the same joke about Modern.

6. beerwego

beerwego Initiate (51) Dec 5, 2019

I love cannolis. I'll just have a cannoli and skip this

KRug and woemad like this.
  7. BAllen88

BAllen88 Initiate (8) Oct 23, 2019
    Trader

God no. Bovas is where Italian pastry dreams go to die. 24-hour bakery that's kept alive by the forgiving palates of drunken financial bros returning home late night after an evening of crushing $1 beers at Coogans.

I'm not bitter you are...

8. KentT

KentT Aspirant (216) Oct 15, 2008 Tennessee

"Take the Cannoli, leave the Stout"

Prince_Casual likes this.
  9. spicoli00

spicoli00 Defender (630) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

10. meefmoff

meefmoff Devotee (446) Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thanks for forever ruining cannolis!