Hastur's Straight Up BIF Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Hastur23, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heystevec

heystevec Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Maryland

Im in for back-up as well.

This was my 1st BIF and I am straight up addicted! I hope to trade/BIF with as many of y'all as possible (or as many as I can afford ... or as many as I can before my wife thinks Im crazy - welllllll, scratch that, she KNOWS Im crazy)

2. edhizdeid

edhizdeid Devotee (460) Aug 18, 2013 Washington
    Trader

I think it was @sholle. He was my target and he lives in Montana.

sholle and JasonR1975 like this.
  3. sholle

sholle Initiate (34) Jan 2, 2011 Montana

I apologize for the lateness of my box. I had to have my girl package it up and send it out as I am still away on field work. I hope you enjoy the tasty cigar!

JasonR1975 likes this.
  4. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Zealot (572) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

It's cool, now that I see your hints, I should have paid more attention. But since both your avatar, and one of your hints made me physically ill I probably chose to ignore. Your girl did a hell of a job packing those boxes as well. Go Green!

Thanks again.

Vinithing, sholle and billhelm like this.
  5. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Initiate (166) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Retaliatory fire from @pdmoore714 . Never expected my target to send me beer! 2x SN (now I don't have to decide on whether to cellar the bottle I got from @ASuarez) + Pizza Port Ponto SIPA. When's the next round?!?!?

[​IMG]

CowsandBeer and heystevec like this.
  6. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,817) May 21, 2013 California
    Society Trader

How hard is that Night Ryeder to come by? I love milk stouts and that one sounds excellent.

7. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

I think Maine bottles are particularly susceptible to leaking for some reason. Maybe their bottling line. Only brewery I've had leak on 2 separate occasions.

8. GoatmanBrewsMD

GoatmanBrewsMD Aspirant (244) Dec 16, 2010 Maryland
    Trader

I think they have only bottled this once. I could be wrong. Burley Oak doesn't bottle too much.

9. dwmetsfan13

Trader

Damn. My first box had a few bottles leak, including a MO. I'll be sure to tape up any MBC beers I ship from now on.

10. Houser

Houser Defender (648) Sep 10, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

ive had maine beers leak on me too.

11. heystevec

So when I offered up the OTWOA to the BIF, @edhizdeid took me up on it. We decided to have a little mutual porch destruction - he was up 1st!

[​IMG]

12. joetouchton

joetouchton Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2012 Delaware

Th3y may have more at the brewery

13. paresis

paresis Defender (613) Apr 10, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

So I get a message from @mkhartnett stating he sent another box... Very casual message about a bottle he wanted to send originally and also a glass... Well casual it was not! The bottle nothin short of Epic... Big Bad Baptist and an amazing Surly glass that these pictures do not do justice to. This was nice to come home to after being away for a week... Thanks!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Dactrius

Dactrius Poo-Bah (1,745) Apr 23, 2012 Netherlands Antilles
    Society Trader

Just to confirm, I am back from drinking cerveza in Mexico and can receive a box anytime :slight_smile:.

15. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Disciple (389) Sep 24, 2012 Nebraska

All this talk about Maine Brewing and pics of Fat Heads Headhunter are making me hop thirsty...

16. dsigmon

dsigmon Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

I have access to plenty of MBC if you don’t and would like to try some :slight_smile:

CowsandBeer likes this.
  17. Hastur23

Hastur23 Initiate (149) Mar 3, 2013 Pennsylvania

I've got some unfortunate news, folks... :slight_frown:

It's currently two weeks beyond the shipping window and @Tone2467 has fallen off the face of the earth. This is my first time running a BIF, so I'm not really sure how to handle something like this. He hasn't responded to any of my messages or texts.
    What's even more perplexing, after a quick look at his BA Profile, Untappd, Twitter, and Facebook, it seems that his activity has ceased ENTIRELY as of April 14th. No posts. No beer check-ins. Nothing.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially given the circumstances. It's altogether possible that something major has occurred in his life that has put a halt to his beer-related activities. I don't want to smear this dude's reputation before we know the facts.

I'm going to try to call him tomorrow and try and get a hold of him. I'll let you guys know tomorrow night what the verdict is... his target may need some consolation.

18. Kurmaraja

Society Trader

You're a stand up BIF leader! Solid work.

Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  19. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (849) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

This is odd... he's posted a bunch of times in this thread, including the above... certainly sounds like he intended to ship... hopefully he will come through

20. lurpy1

lurpy1 Zealot (536) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota

Disappointing, but also worrying. According to his profile he's done many BIFs, so he doesn't seem like the type of guy to just not make good. Hope nothing bad happened.

Hoptimus-Prime likes this.
  21. billhelm

billhelm Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2011 Minnesota

Let us know. I've got some consolation beers ready.

22. heystevec

I'm hoping for the best, but this doesn't jive well for all the above stated reasons.

I want in on the consolation boxes as well

23. lurpy1

Am I correct tone2467 also didnt post his haul? can his sender confirm that the box wasn't just shipped, but also received? maybe got a "thanks for the box!" note.

24. core42

core42 Zealot (557) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Tone was my sender in the last BIF that I was in & I received my package in 2 parts but it was basically on time so hopefully he turns up soon.

If not let me know so I can throw a couple of bottles in as well

25. TinCup69

TinCup69 Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2012 West Virginia

Pretty sure my target figured me out awhile ago but last hint..your boxes were dropped off this morning and should be crumbling your porch in a few short days. Swag box will be going out tomorrow due to a brain fart.

Dactrius likes this.
  26. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Zealot (572) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

^^^^ This ^^^^

pdmoore714 and CowsandBeer like this.
  27. Dactrius

Society Trader

I think you're my sender but the comments about crumbling my porch keep throwing me slightly off since you're shipping to my work. I'm going to have to carry the boxes down 4 stories so it'll be my back and my car's shocks that may crumble :slight_smile:.

TinCup69 and heystevec like this.
  28. edhizdeid

edhizdeid Devotee (460) Aug 18, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Same here.

29. TinCup69

TinCup69 Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2012 West Virginia

Your work might be closed for a few days because of the devastation.

30. kgncfl

kgncfl Aspirant (208) Dec 24, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Hi all

Tone was my sender. No need for a consolation box. I'm thinking something major happened that makes beer trading seem menial.

I've made at least one trading partner and my target enjoyed his beer. That is the big win.

Hastur, no need to go any further. It's all good.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  31. Dactrius

Society Trader

If what I've seen in previous BIFs and the BA community in general holds true, good luck with that request unless you can somehow manage to prevent Hastur and anyone else who knows your address from giving it out :wink:. Heck, I've seen people be bribed with beer to give out someone's address in cases like this.

32. kgncfl

Trader

Hastur I am forbidding you to pass my address out.

Really guys it is fine. If you want to do something let's trade. Good beer is meant to be shared.

Peace.

CowsandBeer likes this.
  33. kgncfl

Trader

Besides I like my porch...

34. dwmetsfan13

Trader

Ok Ok. Anything from the Mass. area I can interest you in? Jack's Abby/MBC/Night Shift/Trillium?

35. kgncfl

Trader

Love to trade (Jack Abby=delicious). Kick me a PM with things you are looking for from Ohio (I've got some alpha king). I've got a full fridge. Go Bruins!

36. lurpy1

it's the rule of a great BIF. After you get fucked you get gang banged.

37. dsigmon

dsigmon Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

agreed! we can just all send the beer to hastur and some cash in the boxes and he can rebox and send to kgncfl :slight_smile:

38. kgncfl

Trader

Now that's a loophole I didn't think through.

39. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Aspirant (260) Oct 27, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

I'd feel bad if a fellow BAer didn't get something. I'm willing to throw in some MN brews.

40. Hastur23

Hastur23 Initiate (149) Mar 3, 2013 Pennsylvania

No luck. @Tone2467 didn't answer any of my calls and I've exhausted every other method of communication with this dude. I'm calling it.

Now, @kgncfl, we all appreciate your humbleness, truly. But you should realize that none of us are going to rest easy until your porch is a smoldering crater due to a non-stop beer assault. If you don't want me to pass out your address, that's fine, I'll honor that. It would, however, make all our lives easier because we're getting beer to you one way or another. :slight_smile:

dsigmon, CowsandBeer, core42 and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.