Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Headed to Nashville this weekend....

Discussion in 'South' started by rolltide8425, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,170) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I'm going for the SEC Tourney so I'll be around Bridgestone Arena most of the time. What are some good places to go around there?

2. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot Initiate (81) Apr 2, 2010 Tennessee

Do a quick search... I've personally answered people looking for suggestions in Nashville a handful of times; other people have too. The short of it though, walking distance from Bridgestone - Flying Saucer, Broadway Brewhouse, Beer Seller

3. hopoilcrazy

hopoilcrazy Initiate (35) Aug 24, 2004 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Beer Sellar is pretty great. Piranha's has the best sandwiches downtown...and a great selection of Yazoo

4. harperman69

harperman69 Aspirant (234) Feb 11, 2009 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

I hear there is a nice spot at the bottom of the Cumberland River, Bama fan.

J/k

Tchfunkta and sommersb like this.
  5. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,170) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Thanks for help guys....I did look at the first page of threads but I guess I was too lazy to search further.

6. margles

margles Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2011 Kentucky

Flying Saucer for sure. I love that place.

7. CSQ1111

CSQ1111 Devotee (409) Jan 10, 2010 Kentucky
    Subscriber

I hear that 12 South Taproom is going to be open for the first time ever on Sunday with lots of special surprise tappings to celebrate. I would definitely check it out.

8. BlueMusic

BlueMusic Initiate (127) Jan 31, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Really liked the Isle of Skye scotch ale at Boscos, had a great salmon with pineapple glaze there too .

9. CSQ1111

CSQ1111 Devotee (409) Jan 10, 2010 Kentucky
    Subscriber

Here's some more exciting news...I just read on Facebook that 12 South Taproom is opening a sister establishment. Pub 5 opens at noon on Friday, March 15. Right across from the Bridgestone arena on 5th Avenue.

10. TravisSaps

TravisSaps Initiate (129) Feb 3, 2007 Tennessee

Here's some more exciting news...I just read on Facebook that 12 South Taproom is opening a sister establishment. Pub 5 opens at noon on Friday, March 15. Right across from the Bridgestone arena on 5th Avenue.

I really enjoy 12 South and don't make it to that part of town often. If this new place is even close to their other place, then this is a big step up for downtown Nashville.

11. TravisSaps

TravisSaps Initiate (129) Feb 3, 2007 Tennessee

12. erter99

erter99 Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Blackstone is a few blocks further away down West End than the Flying Saucer and is great. Many think it's Nashville's best brewery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.