Release Heavy Seas Beer To Release Winter Storm Imperial ESB

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,143) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff

BALTIMORE, MD – Heavy Seas Beer's fall/winter limited release, Winter Storm, is about to make it's triumphal return! "It was our first international gold medal winning beer," says brewery Founder, Hugh Sisson. "And I'm not supposed to say it, but I think it may be my favorite beer!"

The Imperial ESB will be available starting in October in all states where Heavy Seas beer is distributed. Our winter ale draws on hops from the West Coast and the UK for its pronounced bitterness. A mix of pale and darker malts give it its tawny color and its bigger body. True to the style, Winter Storm's aroma is nutty malts and earthy hops. This is a perfect beer for fall, especially because of its warming qualities.

Limited Release: Winter Storm 2018
    [​IMG]

The product specs are:
    Style: Imperial Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
    ABV: 7.5%
    IBU: 50
    Hops: Warrior, UK Goldings, UK Fuggles, Cascade, Centennial
    Malts: 2-row, Crystal, Caramalt, Chocolate Malt

###

zid likes this.
  2. Lahey

Lahey Disciple (329) Nov 12, 2016 Michigan

I've had my eyes peeled for ESBs lately.... but why does it have to be imperialized? I'll grab it if I see it, but I wish I could just find traditional styles done to tradition sometimes. Still, this is a nice change up from all the ipas of summer.

3. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,298) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey

I remember this one being very good a few years ago. Will be on the lookout.

4. zid

zid Champion (882) Feb 15, 2010 New York

From the brewer's description:
    Imperial ESB? But... that isn't true to a "style." :confused: So to speak.

I've had this one in the past (from cask) and I didn't care for it (too heavy), but I'm definitely going to give it another shot in this form. Maybe it'll click this time. Glad this was posted because I never would have spotted this on the shelf otherwise.

I really wish Schlafly's "Winter ESB" would make a return.

5. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Aspirant (230) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

Ive been drinking this for the past few years. Pretty good.

6. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (217) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

Like many of their beers nothing too special but solid, I drink it whenever I come across it and it fits with the cool air nicely.

HermitDan likes this.
  7. Ceddd99

Ceddd99 Initiate (83) May 14, 2018 Michigan
    Trader

Have you tried Short's Autumn Amber Ale? I did not realize this was an ESB until this year, because they call it on Amber Ale but I decided to try it this year and was pleasantly surprised.

8. ecpho

ecpho Aspirant (226) Mar 28, 2011 New York

More ESBs please! More Fuggles and Goldings! Locally I pick up Montauk's Driftwood Ale and I heard there's the return of Barrier's Antagonist ESB, so I'm looking forward to that.