Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Heineken changes its bottle

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by CircusBoy, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtth

drtth Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Understood. I was reinforcing your point that "everything else" is the olfactory part. That part is so strong that under carefully controlled testing we can be fooled by a wrong aroma into thinking we are eating or drinking smething we are smelling rather than what we are actually consuming.

2. mintjellie

mintjellie Oct 2, 2005 Ontario (Canada)

Ohhhh. It would appear that I was actually the one who misunderstood your meaning. Sorry about that.

3. nrs207

nrs207 Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I think that's the Heineken taste profile. I really dislike Heineken a lot. I'd rather drink a BMC light beer. Inoffensive nothingness is better than a beer with a tiny bit of flavor that's terrible in my book.

jtmartino likes this.
  4. deathevocation

deathevocation Nov 7, 2008 Australia

Terrible beer. Give me an American styled macro lager over any Euro pale lager every day of the week.

5. RobertColianni

RobertColianni Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania

6. theallen

theallen Mar 27, 2013 Maryland

The smaller bottle was one of the factors that sepertated heineken from other imports, I've been drinking heinys for years and I think the bottle change will come back to slap them in the face! Makes heineken look like a cheap budweiser, least it's not a becks saphire P.S. NEVER BUY BECKS SAPHIRE (my spelling sucks sorry) thanks for reading

7. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Dec 8, 2010 Arizona

heinekin blows, simple as that.

drink local!

RobertColianni likes this.
  8. HokiesandBeer

HokiesandBeer Jan 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Not me. I'd rather taste nothing then taste skunk......and for half the price.

9. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees Apr 2, 2012 Colorado

You have poor taste.

RobertColianni likes this.
  10. MaxOhle

MaxOhle Nov 10, 2012 Illinois

11. schnarr84

schnarr84 Nov 27, 2011 Alberta (Canada)

heineken on tap in amsterdam when youre so high you forget youre in amsterdam drinking heineken on tap is good

12. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Dec 11, 2006 California

I was once high as fuck in Amsterdam and I recall drinking a Heineken Pilsner that was actually ok (for the time being). But then again, I was high as fuck.

bbfc and RobertColianni like this.
  13. pghlee

pghlee Feb 24, 2006 Georgia

According to my buddy who runs a strip club in Atlanta......

"People who used to buy Heineken are now drinking Bud Light Platinum because the blue bottle stands out more than the green bottle." Sounds ridiculous but most people just don't care whats in the bottle if they "look good" drinking it.

Spikester and Haydn-Juby like this.
  14. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Jan 28, 2013 California

It's only solid when you leave it in the freezer too long. But, whatever it takes to improve it...

Haydn-Juby likes this.
  15. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

BLACKENEDPLAGUE Apr 10, 2013 Ohio

People who say Heineken is better than Budweiser is just jumping on the hate-'murica train. They both are barely adequate enough to be called average. Hell I would take a canadian Guinness over either, and that is pretty degrading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe