Hello from Colorado!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Drewbly, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Drewbly

Drewbly Initiate (105) Jun 18, 2017 Colorado

Hello all, my name is Drew. I turned 21 in early May and had seen this site pop up whenever I had questions regarding getting into beer. I figured it'd be good to hang here and learn something and ask questions!

I'm currently attending college at Fort Hays State University in Kansas, pursuing a bachelors degree in Geography.

I look forward to talking to you guys and girls!

2. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (1,653) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

Welcome to the BA site, Drewbly. Drewbly rhymes with newbie (kind of), and 'newbie' is the search word that I used in the Beer Talk forum (which is a great place to hang out) when I did a search of thread titles there. Your newbie situation question up often in that forum asking for recommendations, so check out these threads for some specific help. https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/search/36504850/?q=newbie&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=39 You can also monitor your regional forum for Colorado and find recommendations for beers closer to you.

Also, on the main menu above is BEERS, so go there and then Beer Styles and Beer 101 which are very helpful places to learn a lot.

Explore the site, hang around as much as you'd like, and enjoy the ride.

DoctorZombies and dcotom like this.
  3. dcotom

dcotom Meyvn (1,164) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa

Welcome aboard! Make it a point to drop in on the virtual bar, a.k.a. "What beer are you drinking now?" It's a great place to learn about different beers and the BA's who love them :). Cheers, and good luck!

4. JakeScully

JakeScully Defender (601) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Beer Trader

If I know my geography well enough, Denver is the capital of Colorado. ;) Cheers and welcome from northern France (small western European nation).

DoctorZombies and Mothergoose03 like this.
  5. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Meyvn (1,082) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Welcome to BA!

6. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (2,737) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Welcome to BA, Drew!

7. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Meyvn (1,248) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Welcome to BA!!

8. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Meyvn (1,309) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Welcome and Cheers from CT!

9. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,069) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Cheers and welcome from Florida!

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.