Latin America Help Me Identify This Beer From Argentina

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by DIM, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (2,265) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

The beer is not in BA's database and I don't think the brewery is. Would any Spanish speaking BA's be willing to add the brewery to the database? I can't find enough information in English to add it myself.

The front read, "Cerveza Artesanal", Negra, me echo laBurra, Finca Buena Vista 4427 San Carlos-Salta

The side of the label reads, "esta cerveza ha fabricado po efiagri srl en la Estancia Hotel La Vaca Tranquila"

I did find this link http://www.argentinebeers.com.ar/?p=108

Thanks in advance for any help/info

2. PaulQuinn

PaulQuinn Initiate (174) May 27, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

That's a funny name/label from a beer with a very interesting history.

This is an English blog you can read it from. There is also another one in Spanish if you want to translate.

The beer is made at an estate named Buena Vista (Finca means estate) witch is also called La Vaca Tranquila (the calm cow) by a Belgian expatriate called Alain who moved to Argentina and bought the estate. I don't know if that means the brewery name is Finca Buena Vista, as per the label or Me Echo La Burra, as there are several Me Echo La Burra, and some apparently not called Me Echo La Burra. The English blog does call the brewery as Me Echo La Burra...

The Spanish blog names names 6 beers: San Lunes, La Pecadora, La Roja, La Rubia, La Negra and La Blanca saying they are a mix of German, Irish and Belgian flavors. The English blog also names La Doma.

As for the style, Negra means dark, so that isn't very helpful. But if it is a Belgian beer at 8% the safe bet says it's a Dubbel.

The estate also hosts a small hotel, so if you ever go to Salta region, you have a place to stay :slight_smile:

Hope this helps you adding the beer. Cheers.

DIM likes this.
  3. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (2,265) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

That helps tremendously, thank you so much for taking the time!

Cheers!

PaulQuinn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.