Help, need Disneyworld craft beer guidance

Discussion in 'US - South' started by 4truth, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4truth

4truth Aspirant (237) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

any BA folks have advice on where best to find good beers at Disneyworld? I'm a Disney newbie and have no clue if there's even any hope. Thanks all!

2. mikehayz

mikehayz Initiate (27) Aug 11, 2012 Virginia

I worked at Disney just this past year. This website seems like a pretty relevant resource: http://beersandears.net/

Here's my own personal experience:
    If you are staying at a Disney property, many offer a decent craft beer selection, nothing that will blow your socks off but enough that would have kept me happy. I worked at two of the nicer resorts, and each had bars that sold Cigar City among other well-known craft breweries. I can't say if the more value-priced resorts have similar offerings or not. Also, there are no rules against bringing your own beer to the pool/resort. Just no glass by the pools.

As far as parks, Magic Kingdom is a dry park, no alcohol is sold there. Epcot will be your best park for beer choices, head to the World Showcase and there will be a good selection in America as well as some of the other countries. I can't remember specifically about Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, but I would assumed you could get some decent beers in those parks. You can always ask a cast member (probably one of the ones near the front of the park) where to find the best beer selection, their customer service should go above and beyond.

Also, some of the resorts and parks have their own beers. I know Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge have a Safari Amber. Coronado Springs has Rix Lager I believe. Just be aware these are brewed by AB.

As far as the area outside of Disney, if you have transportation, there is a Total Wine about 20-30 minutes away, jut down the highway by Mall of Millenia. Huge store, good selection. I often went to Knightly Spirits on Orange Blossom Trail, awesome selection there. Tons of belgian ales, saisons, lambics, sours, and most of the selects and seasonals TW stocks. Great place. There are also ABC stores scatted around, most have a good selection as well. At the very worst, hit up Publix and grab some Cigar City.

MachIPA, ufmj and Jaycase like this.
  3. 4truth

Trader

Dude, phenomenal info. Thanks a million.

ufmj likes this.
  4. Scope4Beer

Scope4Beer Initiate (159) Sep 28, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I second the beers and ears website. There's actually an app you can download. The app is nice because it is GPS enabled. You can pull up the map and click on places near you and see what beer is available. Overall, as said above, the selection of craft beer is decent, not great. Certainly good enough to get by for a few days or a week. The only thing is you'll spend more than you normally would. IIRC, the pool bar I stayed at last year had a few good IPAs including Jai Alai, Ranger, and Racer 5. They were $6-7 each. You can get beer in the Magic Kingdom, but it's only sold at Be Our Guest restaurant. If you're going they have a good selection. And I'll make one recommendation, the Canada Beer Cart. It has several offerings from Unibroue. If you like Belgians, as I do, I will always pick up a La Fin or Trois Pistoles while I walk around.

5. LiquidDegenerate

LiquidDegenerate Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2011 Florida

Animal Kingdom had Yeti, Sweetwater IPA and Victory Golden Monkey. There is one restaurant in the Magic Kingdom that serves beer, just cannot remember the name.

6. 4truth

Trader

Thx guys, big Fin du monde fan and sweetwater will go down nicely after a long day at the park. All of you guys rule, can't thank you enough

7. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Best craft beer selection on property is the pool bar at the Grand Floridian.

ufmj likes this.
  8. 4truth

Trader

You weren't kidding @BKnarr - just picked up a Torpedo 16oz can, Jai Alai and Brown Maduro. Gonna go back for a Hopsecutioner later. Cheers brother!

ufmj likes this.
  9. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Disciple (368) Jan 29, 2014 Montana

I will be down there in May. Is jai alai Easy to get your hands on?

10. 4truth

Trader

Yep.

11. NavyGuy

NavyGuy Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2008 Florida

Skip the hotel bar and stop at any Publix grocery store and you can get fresh six packs of it for $9.99. Like the post above says you can bring you own canned beer to the hotel pools, so you're good there. If you're looking for a lower ABV day time beer grab some Invasion PA.

12. pieman396

pieman396 Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania

Sana'a at the Animal Kingdom Lodge has Jai Alai, went great with lamb curry and bread service! Epcot's beer selection is okay when it's not the food and wine festival. Don't expect much but Canada and Germany have some decent beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.