Help submitting a review

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by KleinSchwein, Sep 21, 2022.

1. KleinSchwein

KleinSchwein Initiate (109) Feb 28, 2022

Hello all ,
    I am trying to review a beer and cannot find it it the beer list from the same brewery (Paulaner)
    There is an almost identical looking beer that seems to be brewed in the United States rather than Germany that has a slightly different name and abv . I am not sure this is the same beer .

As far as I can tell there several likely options . Either I've found a beer not on beeradvocate's database which honestly seems unlikely due to the pretty decent size of the brewery , I'm simply missing it somehow , the slightly different yet very similar beer is considered to be the same beer or , and I acknowledge it's not super likely , I've wandered into an alternate dimension where everything is just a tiny bit different and this is how I'm figuring that out so I need to embark on a quest to return to my home dimension whilst saving the entire universe from some huge space creature that's figured out how to massively weaponize the carrot crop of a smallholding in Berkshire whilst getting the girl and managing to smuggle a small, furry , not-quite-a-cat cat from the alternate dimension to mine .

Does anyone have any idea how I'd go about adding my review? I don't want to attribute it to the the wrong beer mistakenly.
    Thank you .

tekstr1der, Jaycase, ChicagoJ and 4 others like this.
  2. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (9,997) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Name of the beer would be good info for us.

3. steveh

steveh Poo-Bah (3,657) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Society

Paulaner brews no beers in the USA -- however, they may export different beers to the US that may not be sold in Germany. Oktoberfest Märzen?

ChicagoJ likes this.
  4. KleinSchwein

Apologies. Of course I forgot to mention the beer name , the dimension thing sidetracked me a little
    The beer is Paulaner Weissbier ( verbatim from the bottle ) . It's 5.5% abv .
    Thanks.

ChicagoJ and Harrison8 like this.
  5. BigIronH

BigIronH Poo-Bah (1,826) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Society Trader

What’s up with the word “whilst”? Is that a part of some places dialect? Been seeing it more and more and I really don’t like it. Cheers.

NorsemanOne and Urk1127 like this.
  6. BigIronH

Society Trader

7. KleinSchwein

You are a gentleman and a scholar . I saw that one but the Jakarta thing threw me off , I figured it was brewed under licence for the Indonesian market and would be thoroughly unlikely to end up in my corner of the world .

Additional, I like the word " whilst " . I don't know if it's a British thing or just a personal preference but there you are.

8. KleinSchwein

BigIronH likes this.
  9. BigIronH

Society Trader

10. steveh

Society

It's very English English.

draheim and BigIronH like this.
  11. steveh

Society

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/124/

Here's a list of beers from the Paulaner Brewery Munich. There may be duplicates because members may add a beer without realizing it's already in place -- I haven't checked, but you can see which one matches what you want to review.

BigIronH likes this.
  12. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (3,080) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Society

This paragraph alone was worth the price of admission.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  13. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,316) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Agreed. I'm currently drinking an absolutely lovely glass of FW 25, but will gladly put it aside to have a draught of whatever the OP is having.

Jaycase, ChicagoJ and draheim like this.
  14. KleinSchwein

BigIronH and seakayak like this.
  15. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

What, you never drink a beer whilst perusing BA?

16. BigIronH

Society Trader

Sometimes I’ll have a beer while I look at BeerAdvocate. I’ve never whilst’d anything because it’s a silly fucking word. :stuck_out_tongue:

17. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

I'm having an Oktoberfest whilst watching the Mariners game.

ChicagoJ likes this.