Highland Brewing in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'South' started by drfabulous, Apr 8, 2013.

1. drfabulous

drfabulous Jul 23, 2005 Kentucky
    Subscriber

From The Beer Trappe's Facebook page:

"Tomorrow at 5pm we will be helping launch Highland Brewing from Asheville, NC by tapping the following kegs: Highland Kashmir IPA, Highland Little Hump and Highland Gaelic Ale!"

This is why we can't ever take no for an answer when we email breweries to come to Kentucky. I've had emails with Highland and they've been pessimistic about coming. But things change, there's room for expansion, and maybe those emails helped change their minds. Highland makes good beer. A nice addition to our scene.

Mandark likes this.
  2. deadonhisfeet

deadonhisfeet Apr 23, 2011 Kentucky

I'm from Western North Carolina and I've had Highland's beers many times. Very nice beers.

3. Jake_Ramrod

Jake_Ramrod Feb 19, 2013 Kentucky

My friend's from Asheville rave about these guys. Looking forward to trying them. I think it is a black stout that they like so well.

4. erichall

erichall Nov 13, 2008 Kentucky

Having visited Asheville a few times and having tried most of they local breweries, highland wouldn't be in the top half of the best Asheville has to offer. I hate to sound jaded, but another average brewery coming to kentucky.

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  5. MikeEhrmantraut

MikeEhrmantraut Aug 28, 2012 Tennessee

Black Mocha Stout is my favorite of their year round offerings. Cold Mountain and Thunderstruck are probably my favorites overall. The rest is pretty underwhelming IMO.

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe