Highland Park Brewery / HPB Bottle Friends (2022)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by annakarina, Jan 1, 2022.

1. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Crusader (708) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Trader

Dang we posted at the same time, haha!

2. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Initiate (196) Jul 27, 2015 California

I just want to say the breakfast sandwich is probably the best thing I’ve had in recent memory at the brewery and for the love of god make it a regular menu item.

310gts likes this.
  3. rstar42

rstar42 Initiate (5) Mar 2, 2022

Hi all,

I have a question for those HPB pros here. I just finally bought into the bottle friends membership after having meaning to do it years ago. I'm very excited! But I'm also a little confused with how it works exactly.

The membership info says it includes a certain number of bottles, but it always seems like they release more bottles than your membership gets. Does this mean that over the course of the year, I pick out the X number of bottles I want from the entire pool as they're released and then once I've done all X of my allocation I no longer receive any more?

Appreciate the intel!

ChicagoJ likes this.
  4. annakarina

annakarina Aspirant (220) Jul 29, 2016 California

The included bottles are specific bottles that come with the membership that HPB picks out. This year's membership included 2x Lingua Franca Tropical, 2x Infinitefinite, 2x Contact: Riesling, and 2x Chaos Into Order, not sure if I'm missing anything else. If the batch is large enough you'll have the option to buy extra bottles of those releases as well.

Along with the included bottles, there are several quarterly releases that Bottle Members have the first crack at purchasing. Oftentimes they sell out before the public has a chance to buy any but not always. Sometimes they hold back a small number of bottles for public release (they always do this for Griffith Day).

Other bottles/cans for sale during this year's membership were Griffith, BA Griffith, BA Morning Griffith, Green Chimera, The Peregrine, Philosophy of Love: Ancient Cypress, Coconut Tree, Cold Box Cool Ship, Colonel Griffith, Colonel Griffith Fluffernutter, and Occupied Space.

#44 annakarina, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  5. rstar42

rstar42 Initiate (5) Mar 2, 2022

thank you!

ChicagoJ likes this.
  6. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (4,377) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Got a can of World Champ yesterday and I’m
    bummed that it doesn’t say anything on the can about being a Hazy. It simply reads: “DDH Double IPA” - so I assumed it was a West Coast. I’ll just have to be more careful next time.

7. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (204) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

PRANK'D!!!

8. 310gts

310gts Initiate (69) Jun 22, 2018 California

have they done a ddh west coast before? genuinely curious, would be pretty sweet if so.

9. swanfungus

swanfungus Crusader (771) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Society Trader

DDH Achiever is probably the one you're looking for if you want DDH WC. I don't know when it was last brewed or if they intend to do it again but...it was great.

@310gts @RaulMondesi

ChicagoJ, AyeDogg and 310gts like this.
  10. Resistance88

Resistance88 Devotee (452) Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

Came today after hpb cuz with the closing of Sunset Beer im fucked.
    Had 6th and 8th year anniversary blends and both were very underwhelming.
    Both were Thin, sweet and had a weird ass taste . I hope they get better

ChicagoJ likes this.
  11. annakarina

This year's blend wasn't my favorite. It seemed a bit muddled but also I may have been very drunk when I tried it. Haven't opened my bottles yet but might wait a bit. Excited for Luxury though.

The High 8 west coast IPA was my favorite of the High 8s this year.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  12. Resistance88

Trader

I meant after Homage* side note...homage is fuckin great

13. Resistance88

Trader

Im no "expert" at beer but i know a good BA beer when i have one.
    Every ba stout i have had from hpb has been something i never want again with the exception of a modern times collab i had for Griffith day in 2020 . I don't understand the praise they get for their BA program, but i also hate 80% of the BA shit being pumped out nowadays.

I did order some pale beer with 3 hops for wife which was very good but i forgot the name. It was damned good though and will probably just stop here periodically to try hop stuff if i break my ankle and cant walk the extra 20 steps to Homage

Hype_Train likes this.
  14. annakarina

Well that's just preposterous.

15. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Crusader (708) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Trader

Luxury on sale now, Friends!

I maxed easy in case it's anything like the Peregrine but with vanilla. :fire:

LocestLXCX, 310gts and AyeDogg like this.
  16. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (204) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Any info on how long it was aged for?