Hill Farmstead 9/11 & 9/26 Bottle Release

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Jason, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuisseppeFranco

GuisseppeFranco Aspirant (231) Nov 7, 2010 New York

I think that after the release and some of the reviews started coming in that yes, the demand for Ann was greater than any of the beers being released Thursday will be. But speaking in general HF Hype terms, I believe this release will bring more people out than Ann did.

Trevdawg likes this.
  2. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

It will sell out by EOD, but I think showing up at 11am will still net you the bottles. Can't see 300 crazy beer geeks lining up at 8:30am on a random Thursday in the fall.

vonnegut21 likes this.
  3. Crack1Open

Crack1Open Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2009 New York

Don't be so sure about that. You'd be very surprised. Haha.

GuisseppeFranco and Trevdawg like this.
  4. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (254) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

For the release of CD#6 and M&C1&2 people started lining up at 9:30am. I got there an hour before the bottle sale and was the 51st person in line. Once the sale started it took 1 hour for me to get to the front to buy my bottles. Then 1.5 hours in the growler line

Crookdrain likes this.
  5. ilovermont

ilovermont Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Vermont

Pure speculation at this point, but arriving any time on Thursday may net all the upcoming release bottles.

- The bulk of Damon and Flora being sold via the shelf ahead of time coupled with DBD jumping to 35$ might make some folks less compelled to make the trip.
    - The bottle count for M&C 2 was ~300 and lasted through the next day. That was a relatively hyped release--nice summer day, six bottle limits on CD6 and M&C 1. (No line for bottles by 1pm)
    - 300+ people have never showed up for any past HF release.

But just to play it safe, I'm already here at HF in line...

[​IMG]

seeswo, SupremePie, atdunn9 and 12 others like this.
  6. nrs207

nrs207 Defender (660) Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania

Ppl were lining up before that. I was in line at 9 lol. I was second. I'm just surprised a line forms on normal days.

7. Number45forever

Number45forever Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Vermont

It's the "just to be safe" attitude that will have us getting there so early. I'm so excited to try Double Barrel Damon AND Flora w/ Mandarins, I'd rather get there an hour or two before 11:00 than chance missing it. It's basically the whole day anyway, may as well enjoy it and hopefully chat with the other crazies in line while we wait. Plus, the longer wait will make the Green Mountain Special at Parker Pie taste even better :slight_smile:

stmgl01, lukemroy and CTJman like this.
  8. Osyrus

Osyrus Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 New York

This is the only certain thing about a HF bottle release day.

9. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 New York

Never been there. Should I do this over Prohibition Pig? When I went up to HF the first time it was closed so I never got to try it but I like the sound of that green mountain special pizza.

10. lukemroy

lukemroy Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 New Hampshire

Exactly. I would rather not chance it. Also, its the FIFO thing. Gives a better change of getting in the growler line early and we plan on hitting Waterbury after as well. I'd rather not get home at 10pm.

11. Daenerys

Daenerys Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2013 Vermont

Can we get a pseudo head count from one of the countless people that are in line already?

The only real line that matters is the bottom one and that is that there has never been more than 200 people at the start of any Hill release. While this one is slated to have two pedigreed brews with two highly coveted variants being released together, it will most likely not be that much higher than what history has already shown us.

But maybe I'm wrong? I better go get in line with the rest of the unoriginal people posting the same repeated joke over and over in this thread.

Osyrus and vonnegut21 like this.
  12. lukemroy

lukemroy Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 New Hampshire

Also, weather is looking perfect as of right now. I have absolutely no problem bringing a chair and just relaxing for a couple hours in one the most beautiful places I know of.

sandman3479 likes this.
  13. bahnfire

bahnfire Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Vermont

I hope the folks who plan on getting there between 8:30-9 dress appropriately, its only going to be about 42 degrees at that time. Even by 11 I'll be surprised if its much above 50. Granted, that's not really cold, but it isn't exactly standing in line in a t shirt weather either.

14. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Poo-Bah (3,466) Jun 19, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

When people bring up points like this, I always LOL a little inside. If I'm driving an hour+ on a work day (which I've taken off) to wait in line for a couple of hours before sunrise to try to get a beer do you really think that a little increase in price is going to deter me from going? Most people giving up time to travel to this release are forfeiting a lot more than whatever the price increase was, in order to get these beers.

Wishful thinking I guess huh?

seeswo likes this.
  15. nrs207

If you were just on the fence before, the various things could deter you. I know a couple ppl who aren't going now bc they're all limit 1. I'm sure the price increase could've deterred a VERY small amount of ppl too, but I'm thinking it's gonna be the limits and the fact that 2 were for sale earlier.

16. nrs207

Wool socks ftw.

17. TouchthePeepee

TouchthePeepee Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2013

Totally!! Got you covered buddy! Just pay me back. Send me a message and we'll work out deets!

18. ilovermont

ilovermont Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Vermont

Do I think a price increase would possibly deter you or anyone else who posts on this site? Absolutely not.

However, I do know a few non-BA Vermonters who were considering going, but now opting not, due to the limit drop and price increase.

cfrances33 likes this.
  19. HoppyKilaMonster

HoppyKilaMonster Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Pennsylvania

Any BAs staying in the Stowe are that want to do some bottle sharing, let me know. I will be there wed and thurs nights.

20. cfrances33

cfrances33 Crusader (776) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

Two days away and I'm so massively jealous to be missing a Vermont trip. Cheers to all the friends I'll have up there, enjoy the trip!

21. JebediahScooter

JebediahScooter Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 Vermont

Anybody headed up tomorrow? I can't go Thursday, hoping that the day before the big release is a quiet one...

22. Kelp

Kelp Crusader (728) Mar 6, 2008 New Hampshire

So it would seem that my ride to the release tomorrow has disappeared. They are unable to go now. I am looking to see if anybody out there is looking to save some money on gas and have a beer or two bought for them at the bar. I live in Manchester, but anywhere on 93 is accessible to me. Either way thanks for taking the time to read my post.

23. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,996) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Quick question, a bit off-topic but I was having trouble finding the exact answer searching the New England forum.

On non-bottle release weekends, how hard is it to get growler fills on a Saturday these days? And there's a 3 container limit correct?

24. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Aspirant (273) Jun 22, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society

Not "hard" but depending on when you get there it could take a while. Your best best is probably to arrive later in the day after the rush of crazy people. From what I hear you'll be there for 2 hours of you show up at 12pm, and closer to 45 minutes if you get there at 3:30pm. Or you could just be one of the crazy people and show up well before they even open.

25. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,996) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Great, thanks for the info!

What about Wednesday through Friday, same deal?

26. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 New York

We're leaving NYC in a few to start the long trek up to VT. We'll be at Three Penny Taproom for dinner tonight around 8pm if any BAers are around that wanna meet up. See the rest of you guys on line tomorrow morning around 9am.

27. stmgl01

stmgl01 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2007 Pennsylvania

Yes

28. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (731) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Anybody have a thought on when may be to late to show up in order to secure all 4 bottles?
    I know that an update of sorts was posted this morning relating to the release and them having someone directing parking starting at 8:30 am and regular retail shop hours starting at 12pm.
    I figure if you show up after 9:30 the growler wait time will be upwards of 2-3 hours.

29. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Initiate (65) Mar 31, 2012 Connecticut

I get that people don't want to risk missing out on bottles, but you guys do realize all your herd-like paranoia is just a self-fulfilling prophecy, right? No one showing up by 11-1130 is going to miss out on any of the four, and if they do I'll eat my hat. Or something.

How have the growler lines been since the limit has dropped? I would anticipate a pretty noticeable decrease in wait time, no?

30. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Initiate (126) Sep 20, 2012 California
    Trader

Wait time has increased for me; I went up the 11th and the 21st. On the other hand, it could be that HF tends to fill 1 growler at a time b/c the other person has to tend to a hundred other sundry details

31. DonFrap

DonFrap Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011 Massachusetts

I've actually noticed it go up. Our hypothesis is more people are getting 2 liters now since they can only get 3.

32. Franch

Franch Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia

i think this is right. i think if you are just buying bottles, you will probably be fine at 11AM or a little before (albeit on a line) ... if you want growlers, showing up at 11 means you may not be leaving until 5. i may just be saving growlers until friday.

33. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (731) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

I have heard the bottle release line goes very quicly from people that have attended prior releases. It is a shame not being able to get growler fills on this trip but being able to drink a double damon when arriving home from the long trip should make up for it.

34. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Aspirant (254) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Not sure what you consider fast but the last bottle release (M&C 1 and 2) seemed really slow. Over an hour to go through 50 people (I was number 51). That was just to pay. Then you had to go pick up your bottles (took 5 minutes). Then the growler line.

35. nrs207

If you're not in line now, Damon is spoken for. Looks like there's quite a bit of flora.

36. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Savant (960) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts

There are plenty of current and past threads with VT vacation tips in the New England forum if you search around.

37. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Initiate (126) Sep 20, 2012 California
    Trader

Hint: this thread has a good bit of info in it as well

38. Number45forever

Number45forever Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Vermont

A friend texting me from the line says Damon and Flora have sold out...so just the 300 of each reserved for tomorrow remain. Sorry to everyone arriving today hoping to get those two ahead of the release.

On the plus side, Everett and Susan are both on the taplist!

cfrances33 likes this.
  39. TheBeerologist

TheBeerologist Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2011 Rhode Island

Bummer about Flora - that was what I wanted the most but can't get there till Friday afternoon. Hopefully the Everett and Susan are plentiful for the weekend.

40. JebediahScooter

JebediahScooter Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 Vermont

Yeah, got a text saying that Flora was gone when I was still about 45 minutes away. Bummer. But, I like Sankt Hans, so I loaded up on that and some growlers. Everett!

Also, it was packed today. 2:30 arrival, took me 2+ hours to get through (and that's with the kind folks from San Francisco and Connecticut calling me up to jump them 5 places in line because they knew I had something to do tonight). Did see lots of big growlers getting filled, and a number of folks on trip #2 through the line. So much for my hopes for a quiet pre-release day Wednesday afternoon.

For those heading up tomorrow: there is construction on I-91, takes it down to one lane between Springfield and White River Junction. Traffic can stack up considerably (I've had long waits a couple of times, but also breezed through at 55 at other times). Also, the Jaffin Flats sign was knocked down today. If you're coming up for the first time, you might miss the right turn to go up Jaffin Flats and on to Hill Road. From Taylor Road (coming from 16), look for the sign on the ground on the left-hand side and turn right there. If you find yourself driving southwest down Garvin Hill road, you've missed it.

blckout20 and GuisseppeFranco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.