Holy Mountain Brewing Company Update/Status

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by HolyMtn, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NWer

NWer Crusader (783) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

I've never seen that myself. I always thought the beer nerd crowd was one class act. Call me naive.

beertunes likes this.
  2. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,421) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

You've met me. Therefore, you know that we're not all classacts . :wink:

Texwild, 66jzmstr, Joshbiir and 2 others like this.
  3. NWer

Well, I guess there's always an exception :slight_smile:

66jzmstr, vurt and beertunes like this.
  4. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,063) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

You are sadly naive, but stay that way. It's for the best.

I've stood near some real profiteering shitlords in line before.

Joshbiir, NWer and beertunes like this.
  5. Joshbiir

Joshbiir Initiate (41) Dec 8, 2016 Washington

They have gotten pretty good at catching the double dippers.

distantmantra and vurt like this.
  6. beertunes

Trader

Thing is, at least in my eyes (and, yes I tend to lean towards the assertive side), it's only an issue if folks don't speak up.

If everyone who sees a line cutter, regardless of personal position, speaks up, it'll end.

Whoopsie. Speaking up? That wouldn't be "Seattle Cool" would It?

Texwild, kemoarps and NWer like this.
  7. NWer

Passive aggressive is cool :/

kemoarps, beertunes and sharpski like this.
  8. ewendel

ewendel Initiate (114) Feb 12, 2008 Washington
    Trader

I tend to be pretty observant at these releases, mainly cuz I'm generally in line on my own (either my friends can't attend these releases, or they're smarter than me), and I didn't see much in the way of line cutting for this yr's HoG release. If there was, I'd venture it was a negligible amount. What I did see a lot of — and this is what makes calling people out so difficult — is people moving about up and down the line, talking to friends elsewhere in line, or venturing out to Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc., only to return to line later, to their initial spot in line. Short of a surveillance operation, that's damn near impossible to police, and prolly not worth an attendee's time to bother with.

That said, the solution for preventing line cutting is simple, and the onus lies on Holy Mtn, not us: a basic token system — which Fremont has employed on multiple occasions w/ success, and Holy Mtn has done at least once. No token, no allocation. And if you're not in line when the tokens get handed out, sorry, but you go to the back of the line where the person handing out tokens is chillin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EdAbbey, Texwild, brandonwnw and 9 others like this.
  9. beertunes

Trader

A friend showed me this the other day, and maybe some you haven't seen it before either:

kemoarps and NWer like this.
  10. rrock44

rrock44 Disciple (339) Oct 27, 2009 Washington

Let me be the first to sat WTF?!? :astonished: I need a beer, will rewatch later. :slight_smile:

NWer, vurt and beertunes like this.
  11. beertunes

Trader

Sir, I hate to disappoint you, but, you are not the first person to say "WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON WITH THIS SHIT?"

I suspect that I wasn't the first either.

kemoarps, NWer, rrock44 and 1 other person like this.
  12. rrock44

rrock44 Disciple (339) Oct 27, 2009 Washington

:grin: Ha! Well first on this thread. And no, beer does not make this video any clearer.

NWer, beertunes and vurt like this.
  13. 66jzmstr

66jzmstr Devotee (480) Jul 17, 2005 Washington
    Society

I thought that that vid was just a prediction for how the Great Notion BB DS Box release is going to go down tomorrow.

kemoarps, rrock44 and beertunes like this.
  14. beertunes

Trader

It's gonna take better drugs than even the bestest ever beer to make that trailer make sorta sense.

I ain't ever going near the actual movie.

rrock44 likes this.
  15. beertunes

Trader

OOh, we should do a tent check!

rrock44 and 66jzmstr like this.
  16. ewendel

Trader

C’mon people, The Holy Mountain is sooo 1973. (It’s actually an interesting film. Would dome again.)

EdAbbey, kemoarps, rrock44 and 2 others like this.
  17. drone

drone Disciple (375) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Yeah not to derail, but if you're into surrealism or post-modernism, it's a must. El Topo is arguably more insane, but preference.

Also of note, Bonne Nuite is phenomenal.

EdAbbey, kemoarps, ewendel and 2 others like this.
  18. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,064) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

Agree completely.

ewendel and rrock44 like this.
  19. DJturnstile

DJturnstile Initiate (70) Sep 2, 2015 California
    Trader

Hey does anyone have any info about the 4th anniversary celebration? I'm assuming it's in January like last years was but I don't see anything online. I'm planning a trip to Seattle and was hoping to be there for that.

20. distantmantra

Trader

They normally don't say anything about it until a week or two before it happens. Last year was the weekend of January 19-20.

DJturnstile likes this.
  21. DJturnstile

Trader

Hmm I guess that keeps tourists like me away. More room for the locals! Shame, I was gonna plan my trip around it but I can't wait that long to buy my flight.

22. distantmantra

Trader

People camp out at booths in the taproom waiting for something special to get tapped. It's madness. I was randomly there while Hand of Glory was tapped and then got the hell out of there, way too crowded for my liking.

ewendel, DamienI and DJturnstile like this.
  23. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,476) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

If you call and ask them when the anniversary celebration is taking place this year... Even if it's just a few weeks out... They won't tell you?

24. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass Initiate (67) Jun 16, 2017 Washington
    Trader

Having a booth is the only good way to spend any sort of extended time at that party. Wish more people would share though, those booths can fit six.

kemoarps and distantmantra like this.
  25. distantmantra

Trader

Booths ARE great, but when you get there at noon and hang on to that booth until they close ten hours later... uh, yeah. That's no fun for everyone else.

kemoarps, chinochino, NWer and 2 others like this.
  26. beertunes

Trader

Which why: A; I don't go to these type of things. And B: I wouldn't be shy about sitting some random mules lap.

Overall, it's for the best I ain't that social.

kemoarps, sharpski and vurt like this.
  27. DamienI

DamienI Crusader (704) Jul 23, 2014 Washington
    Society

The taproom doesn't have a phone number. Best bet is to try hitting them up on their socials, or finding a local to ask the staff for some insider info.

28. NWer

Huh? Then why does everyone in Bellingham seem to know you? Besides, who wouldn't want a teddy bear sitting on their lap?

29. DJturnstile

Trader

Yep, exactly. I checked their website and their Yelp and no phone number. So I messaged them on facebook and instagram a week ago with no response. Figured someone here might have the inside scoop since it's probably just a few weeks away. Oh well. Seems like they're trying to be aloof on purpose which is not what I really like in a brewery.

beertunes likes this.
  30. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I like Holy Mountain beer a lot, but after reading over the last few posts in this thread, I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about their anniversary celebration. I don't know how I would describe this sort of behavior, but regardless, this sounds like the sort of event I need to avoid like the plague.

DJturnstile and beertunes like this.
  31. beertunes

Trader

My initial thought was "how the fuck do you run a business without a customer ?", but, they seem to be doing OK without it. The cool kid hypeline must be enough for them.

OP could go old school, call directory assistance, and call the business line until they pick up. Or bomb them with emails. Or mail a Hallmark card asking nicely. Or just cross them off his list.

NWer and DJturnstile like this.
  32. DJturnstile

Trader

Haha a pigeon with a note? A freshly foraged fruit basket at their door? I think I'll just skip trying to attend the celebration and wander in on some random afternoon while I'm in town and hope I get lucky. Thanks guys !

kemoarps, DamienI and beertunes like this.
  33. ChugChugPass

Trader

lol, my wife and I came close to doing that last year but we shared our booth the entire time w/ whoever wanted to sit and we were spending money on pours the entire time. Even with the 2 of us being there pretty sure our booth saw more butts than any other, most of them had 1-2 people sitting in them the entire time and we had 6 people crammed in there for the majority of the day rotating in and out.

Judging by the usual timing I might be out of town this year, oh well.

kemoarps and distantmantra like this.
  34. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I think that's a smart move. Pretty much everything HM makes is good stuff, and it seems like they always have something interesting on tap. Even a pils I had from them some years back was outstanding, and not something I was expecting them to execute so well.

kemoarps and DJturnstile like this.
  35. ewendel

Trader

Based on the first three anny parties, it seems like a damn solid bet that it’ll be the 19th & 20th... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DJturnstile likes this.
  36. DJturnstile

Trader

Thanks, yeah I only checked last years date but I guess it makes sense that an anniversary is on the same days every year. But you never know when scheduling might make them switch it up a bit.

kemoarps likes this.
  37. HolyMtn

HolyMtn Initiate (68) Mar 26, 2013 Washington

Here's some details:

We are having an anniversary party. We haven't set a date yet. There are some details we're trying to work out to make a specific date work, but our official opening of the bar was January 23, 2015. No sense posting anything until we're certain. If I were a betting person though, I would put my money on a date around then sometime. Same as the previous years.

We think all of our customers are cool kids, locals or visitors, no matter if they are standing in a line or enjoying a quite evening at the bar. It's a great time to come in hang out. This is the slow time of year, and more than likely you'll find one of us bellied up to the bar after our shift.The evenings are quiet and we have a great tap list of a really nice variety of beers and bottles to go and to drink there. If you're from out or town and visiting, hit one of us up or one of our bartenders. They can point you in the right direction for all things food and drink that are good in our city, or what's happening around town.

For the record, we don't have a phone at the brewery or tap room. At all. It's glorious.

#917 HolyMtn, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
    ch3no2, Naikoon, DJturnstile and 11 others like this.
  38. ChugChugPass

Trader

I personally think the 25th would be a fine day for a party :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.