Holy Mountain Brewing Company Update/Status

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by HolyMtn, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2011 Washington

Update please? Might try Sunday if there are bottles left.

2. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (806) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

There were bottles there when I left at just after 5PM yesterday. The line (when there was one) never got deeper than three or four people as far as I noticed. Wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to it to be honest though. You could try calling them before heading over.

beertunes likes this.
  3. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,056) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

I didn't stop by, friend picked me up one of each yesterday.

4. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

3-4 cases of each left. So it might last to tomorrow. Loving the apricot sour too.

Kurmaraja likes this.
  5. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Initiate (106) Jun 3, 2005 Oregon

First visit today, very brief stop for growler and bottles with the kid outside (supervised of course). Couldn't resist a quick half pour of AP. Loved everything about the place and looked more into the history of the brewery tonight. I like these guys because they're doing what they want to do and doing it exceptionally well.

6. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Initiate (106) Jun 3, 2005 Oregon

One thing I noticed after coming home tonight and was curious about is the apparent discount on 32oz growlers. Cheaper to fill two of those than one 64oz.

7. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (250) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

Picked up 2 of each Sunday afternoon. Still had about 4 boxes left it looked like. Very happy for them that they're selling fast but not so fast that I couldn't get some the day after. Was busy all Saturday with a buddy's wedding. Love the labels, can't wait to try them.

8. sanford_and_son

Oh, and I tried the Apricot Table Sour which honestly stacks up with Cascade's Apricot IMHO.

The Dark Mild is also delicious and highly drinkable.

9. cherche

cherche Meyvn (1,083) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Oh boy. A new DIPA is being released on Wednesday...I love @HolyMtn

10. BreakingBrew

BreakingBrew Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Washington

Bottles sold out Monday. Was there when they opened to try the new DIPA. Awesome beer. Astral Projection and Pyrokinesis was quite the 1-2 punch.

11. distantmantra

Trader

I stopped in with my mom today for some Pyrokinesis. Really nice.

cherche likes this.
  12. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (806) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Holy Mountain comes up with some great names for their brews. Can't wait to try Pyrokinesis.

Also, I REALLY hope Three Fates is brewed again soon. Holy shit did I love that beer!

13. cherche

Trader

That is one of the few I havent had the pleasure of having yet so I hope you are right!

TheBungyo likes this.
  14. HolyMtn

HolyMtn Initiate (68) Mar 26, 2013 Washington

Well, we just moved some tanks today to get ready for a new one coming next week. We'll definitely be brewing some more lagers once we're all plumbed and wired in.

--Colin

beertunes, cherche and TheBungyo like this.
  15. Jinxed

Jinxed Disciple (398) Mar 6, 2007 Washington
    Society

Just wanted to say I had some friends from Portland, OR up to Seattle this past weekend for a bachelor party. The main event of their bachelor party was scheduled to be the brewery hopping tour of Ballard. I gave them some recommendations on what not to miss in Ballard, but I also insisted they set some time aside to visit Holy Mountain. They did, and they unanimously loved it. One friend even said that the best four beers he had all weekend (and he had many) were probably all from Holy Mountain.

HolyMtn, asdf and TheBungyo like this.
  16. HolyMtn

Glad your buddies had a good experience. Funny, we were all in Portland this last weekend at a Bachelor party.

Jinxed and cherche like this.
  17. sanford_and_son

All the bottle releases have been awesome so far. Silent Sun was a huge hit amongst some non-beer nerd friends at a party recently. Planning on cracking open a bottle of the Goat this weekend.

What's coming next for bottle releases?

paysse likes this.
  18. paysse

paysse Initiate (33) May 15, 2009 Washington
    Industry

We have a bottle release coming up soon that we'll be announcing early next week. Just waiting until we have the labels in hand. Should be 3 bottles, one of them taproom-only. All 3 are oak-aged beers.

jpbebeau, ballardbeer, John_M and 3 others like this.
  19. sanford_and_son

20. distantmantra

Trader

Please not next weekend. I'll be camping in Entiat. Kthxbye

21. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,461) Sep 18, 2010 Washington

Either I'm just in a really good mood after a week's vacation, or Barrel #7 is really good. Or both. Outstanding stuff. Cheers!

[​IMG]

beertunes and HuskyinPDX like this.
  22. sanford_and_son

bump!

Gotta give the HM crew huge props for the super smooth release on Friday. Bottle sales in the back and draft up front worked out great. Very happy I was able to take a long lunch break.

Oh and both the Table Sour and Misere are deliciously tart and full bodied. Awesome work!

Kurmaraja and jpbebeau like this.
  23. cherche

Trader

oh how i miss Holy Mountain...

24. distantmantra

Trader

I stopped by after work around 3 and got bottles of both. I even heard Cascade Table lasted until Saturday.

Kurmaraja likes this.
  25. jae

jae Aspirant (210) Feb 21, 2010 Washington
    Trader

The grisette is world class. Congrats!

Kurmaraja likes this.
  26. HolyMtn

Thanks guys. Great to see some of you on Friday. Really appreciate everyone coming down and really glad the beers are being enjoyed.

sanford_and_son likes this.
  27. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Zealot (530) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Taking a trip up next week from LA. Will there be any bottles available to go?

28. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (267) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

They're closed today and tomorrow and there were still bottles of both (!?) available last night, so I'd say your chances for Misere au Borinage are good for next week, depending on when. (Bottles of that have also hit some bottle shops around town.)

grilledsquid likes this.
  29. TaborTime

TaborTime Disciple (340) Dec 10, 2013 Oregon

Better than any farmhouse style beer I've had from Hill Farmstead. Exceptional beer.

ballardbeer, HolyMtn and vurt like this.
  30. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (167) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

dang! we are talking about Misère au Borinage, right? i've only had their classic grisette released last spring or summer and it was killer.

31. distantmantra

Trader

It's the same beer. At least that's what I heard and they taste the same.

32. HolyMtn

Same, but a little different. This entire batch had a long condition with Brett for draft and bottles. This batch is a bit crispier and a bit more tart.

33. Srqb

Srqb Initiate (162) Nov 25, 2014 Washington

Had it last night for my New Year's Eve beer and it was fantastic!

HolyMtn likes this.
  34. DeanoMac

DeanoMac Initiate (88) Mar 20, 2012 California
    Trader

Anyone know if they have any bottles right now? Flying in tonight and visiting for the first time tomorrow.

35. distantmantra

Trader

I was there yesterday. No bottles. Just enjoy the beers. Covenant, Nelson Extra Pale and Belgian Black Beer are all on and really good.

ballardbeer and TheBungyo like this.
  36. lordofthelambics

lordofthelambics Initiate (73) Feb 14, 2014 Washington

I had the Covenant/Nelson Pale the other night. Incredible. Bonne Nuit is fantastic as well.

37. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (167) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

Covenant is that elusive 4.7% saison that's been missing from my life. it's on all around town and it's hard not to order it every time i see it.

38. distantmantra

Trader

Covenant is just the right amount of tart, too. Was super psyched to see it at Slowboat Tavern the other night.

jpbebeau likes this.
  39. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Aspirant (267) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

Yeah. Good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.