Hoof Hearted Brewing (2017)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by gilligantrips, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CbusBrews13

CbusBrews13 Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2017 Ohio

They did Brewpub tickets for the Key Bump/Nitro Miracle Toast can release

2. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

Worked out super well, too. I was in and out in 30 mins. Sucks for those who can't get tickets, but their space isn't designed for 400+ people waiting in line for first-come-first-served allotments.

3. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ah yes I remember now, I wanted to attend but had other plans and didn't try for them. Would have loved to score both of those cans, but especially the Miracle Toast, really enjoyed batch 2.

4. KnowYourDemons

KnowYourDemons Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2017 Ohio

5. pest

pest Savant (1,027) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Friends is citra and mosaic this time. 2 4packs per beer limit on Saturday.

Tifore likes this.
  6. Tifore

Tifore Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2010 Ohio

Need to get my hands on that...

7. BKnarr

BKnarr Pundit (870) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Do they take cards at Marengo releases or cash only? Thanks!

8. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They would probably take mullets if you got em.

Yes cards are accepted :wink:

BKnarr likes this.
  9. PJ_

PJ_ Zealot (626) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Super last minute but got stuck with work stuff and can't make it to Marengo. If anyone is there or nearby and wants a free ticket let me know.

10. gilligantrips

For those interested, the brewpub kicked both Fwendz and Kokomo this afternoon. They have a few Fwendz and Belloq cans available as of ~5pm.

11. gilligantrips

Konkey Dong is the May 7th release. This is the third time in 5 months. I might have to pass.

I know people go crazy for Konkey, but I'd rather something else this time...

ButterFrog and Sabtos like this.
  12. neelonjm

neelonjm Devotee (326) Jul 13, 2015 Ohio

Agreed, and a single release at that. The recent double releases have been so nice, it's like the old days when it used to be a case limit. Makes the drive from Cleveland worth it vs the three 4-packs.

13. elayton

elayton Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2015 Maryland

Considering I'll be back in OH that week this is perfect timing. But I do agree, what's up with the single can release and 12 pack limit? Thought it was going to be a Dong/Key Bump release?

14. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

Have they confirmed it's only konkey? That's a let down!

15. elayton

elayton Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2015 Maryland

EventBrite only states Konkey Dong.

16. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

Yeah but I didn't know if hoof directly stated it was just konkey. I would make the trip if it was konkey and something else

17. invertalon

invertalon Pooh-Bah (2,065) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Months ago, people complained they don't do Konkey enough and should do far more often. Then when they do, they complain it's too often and should do new stuff instead. Lol

18. gilligantrips

The people who want it more are those who can't/don't make every release... and those who will buy two cases and trade it all. I think the can art contributes to some of the hype tbh. The beer is good, but IHWSH is better IMO.

I know it's all sour grapes and whatever, but yeah.... I dislike fighting a massive line and dealing with limited parking especially when I consider myself a regular.

I can afford to miss a release like this and shouldn't be complaining. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the business decisions they've made lately like (1) offering ticketed can releases at the brewpub and (2) working on the yeast bite that was prevalent a year ago. I digress...

19. Mshull

Mshull Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Konkey dong hasn't been the same since the 12/13/2015 release. Not sure what they changed since that batch but I miss it

20. gilligantrips

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.