Hoof Hearted Brewing (2017)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by gilligantrips, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoncbus

jdoncbus Disciple (374) Jun 17, 2006 Ohio

On a gig network using Chrome, received the purchase button twice and no dice.

2. CBrodbeck

CBrodbeck Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2014 Florida

Same here @jdoncbus... was going to be my first hoofy release. Had the purchase ticket option 4 times, but "unavailable" on the next screen. Booooooo eventbrite. Booooooooo.

Tifore, Elkevjoe and jdoncbus like this.
  3. jdoncbus

@CBrodbeck It was going to be my first event too. I'm too old to be a hipster and with three kids, I can rarely get out. Oh well, hopefully the wait list comes to fruition.

Tifore and CBrodbeck like this.
  4. invertalon

invertalon Zealot (506) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

They *really* need to eliminate any/all proxies, as a start. Why they do this and/or allow it is beyond me... Especially when they will sell all their precious beer just fine without them. So....

So until then, guys... There will be battles for tickets worse than ever. Mixed with an iffy ticketing system, it is what it is. They don't care, obviously, as their system has been messed up for quite some time with no intention of fixing.

5. Krucifictorius

Krucifictorius Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2016 Ohio

I ran into the issues mentioned above for the last realease. Thankfully got a ticket immediately this time.

Tifore likes this.
  6. Swettenham_Shire

Swettenham_Shire Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

Haven't used Chrome, But Internet Explorer works well with site

Tifore likes this.
  7. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Disciple (343) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

I went to tag Ray but he may have deleted his BA account because I was not able to.

Tifore and jdoncbus like this.
  8. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

I got a ticket from my iPhone with a slow internet connection

Tifore and CannedWaggoneer like this.
  9. jdoncbus

I have to admit, Ray's rant on hipsters and making money is pretty damn funny. In regards to the post he is responding to, I find it pretty sad that "not having to pay for distribution" is somehow a feather in their cap. In the end, it's HH's business and they can do whatever they want but at the same time, I am not sure what people expect with social media. People are going to whine and complain, it's pretty inherent to the medium. I used it for that same purpose today lol.....

Tifore likes this.
  10. jdoncbus

To quote my mom, "must be nice."

Tifore likes this.
  11. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (99) May 1, 2017 Ohio

So your mom got shut out too? Daaang

brycevolk, Tifore and jdoncbus like this.
  12. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

I've used the Eventbrite app for this release and the EWS Galaxy/Best Fwendz release without any issues. Today I was enjoying a delicious lunch at Wendy's and was connected to LTE.

Tifore likes this.
  13. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,585) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Didn't that guy absolutely despise HH though? Can't help but deduce that if he was attempting to obtain tickets, his sole purpose would have then been to flip the cans.

@CannedWaggoneer you're just in time! I've suspected for a little while that you were Ray, but your demeanor is a lot more measured and posts more targeted. Please feel free to clear the air on this pet theory of mine :poop:

Tifore, VABA and jdoncbus like this.
  14. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (99) May 1, 2017 Ohio

Lol, I'm not Ray. I don't attack Hoof directly, that's ineffective. What must be done is to turn their customers against them. Only then will you see results. So I just hang out here Wednesday afternoons and watch the world burn.

15. Mshull

Every other brewery pumping out these hazy iPas is running into the same issue. At least with hoof you don't have to stand in line for hours only to walk away empty handed. Just hate how everyone is so entitled these days

16. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Disciple (343) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

I like Ray and know him personally in real life. He is a very good guy. However, when he does not get his way, he goes a little overboard when expressing his complaints. That is something I'd happily say right to him.

Tifore and Elkevjoe like this.
  17. jdoncbus

I wasn't criticizing him either, I thought it was pretty funny and he's very effective in his trolling techniques. I'm curious, has anyone ever landed a ticket while on the dreaded "wait-list?" I'll just savor every last drop of this Steve Guttenberg DIPA I have laying around.

Tifore likes this.
  18. CBrodbeck

CBrodbeck Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2014 Florida

I hear Ray really likes Sea Cow Milk Stout from Saltwater Brewing :wink:

Tifore and Elkevjoe like this.
  19. Sinzanasti

Sinzanasti Aspirant (213) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Can't wait to see the bitch fest that occurs when a ton of people get shut out for the annual release of Dragonsaddle.

Tifore likes this.
  20. Mshull

Or the ba fitness freak

Tifore likes this.
  21. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,240) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot. I just traded my second time for Hoof Hearted beer. My wife took a sip and said wow this is great ... what is it. I said Hoof Hearted. She said, "huh? I certainly didn't ..." I was confused until it dawned on me. Who farted? Hoof Hearted? Finkel is Feinstein / Feinstein is Finkel? Is that the joke here? Has anyone discussed this before?

Beer_Economicus, CBrodbeck and Tifore like this.
  22. Sabtos

Society Trader

:laughing::sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

Here is their primary logo for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

#542 Sabtos, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  23. eawolff99

eawolff99 Meyvn (1,240) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

BRILLIANT!! Thank you!!! I thought she was crazy ... now I love her more than ever for her intuitiveness .... awesome!

24. BigSpeen3436

Or when they sell more Konkey Dong tekus that approximately 10% of attendees will be able to buy.

RyanMcFly1985, CBrodbeck and Tifore like this.
  25. fiver29

fiver29 Devotee (411) Sep 18, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

I also know Ray and can tell you he's the last person on the planet to flip any beer. He'd be the first one to hook up all his friends and trading partners.

CBrodbeck and Tifore like this.
  26. Sabtos

Society Trader

I mean, that's...exactly what I meant by flipping.

27. Tifore

Tifore Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2010 Ohio

Ive gone to numerous HH releases, and Ive also been shut out a few times. It happens. Its beer and its a ticketing system... I'll live with out a release and hell, I just saved myself 5 hours of driving and $150.00, plus Im forced to drink some of the stuff I have in my fridge / cellar. Its not all bad.
    Now, the system does have its flaw, but your going up against a whirlwind of demands that everyone and their grandmas (literally) want apart of. We can all sit here and bash the proxys and the people selling tickets, but is the grass really greener on the other side? People complained about BPT, now look at the facebook page for this release and last release, OH MY GOD EVENTBRITE YOU BLOW!.
    If their going to change one thing, make the tickets more substantial of a price, that way people dont just choke on $5.00 but are having to front the price of $60.00 (The cost of 4x 4 Packs, and before you mention well what if I want only one 4 pack of each, Im willing to bet only 5% of people going to the releases aren't getting full allotments). This way they are more invested.

It is what it is.... I'll still be trying for the next release

Sinzanasti, enoves24 and Elkevjoe like this.
  28. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (82) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

FWIW, I rarely get a full allotment, but I'm located in Columbus and don't drive more than 1.5hrs round trip. I will not be getting all of my KD allotment this time.

They understand demand > supply. What we have now is much better than standing in a line to find they've sold out. It's also better than someone "proxying" for twenty people. I think the current process is the best they can do at this time.

29. invertalon

Trader

I also don't plan to get my full allotment... I typically will get 1-2 4-packs of each being released as I rarely every want or need a full case. I don't remember the last time I got the maximum at Hoof.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  30. Sabtos

Society Trader

I really don't remember anything wrong with BPT, I never had issues with it and not sure why they switched to EventBrite. That being said I haven't even attempted to buy tickets in at least 4-6 months. I have too many friends in my area that bring the cans to shares to care about getting my own packs right now.

Separately, an idea for people that don't want a full allotment would be that they should maybe start putting the option for them to select how many 4-packs they're getting. They wouldn't be able to change their mind once they get there as it would free up more tickets.

31. BigSpeen3436

I think that would result in very few additional tickets and most likely cause even more issues/bitching about the ticketing site.

Tifore likes this.
  32. Sabtos

Society Trader

Probably. I would be curious to know how many people actually accept the full allotment. These are things Hoof can probably extrapolate if they wanted to learn something from the data. Whether they actually do is another thing.

VABA and Tifore like this.
  33. pest

pest Disciple (372) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

I like being able to try it on draft before committing to my order, especially on the new stuff / collabs. In general I do usually end up with the full allotment though.

Tifore likes this.
  34. Bugsmcl

Bugsmcl Aspirant (207) May 2, 2016 Ohio

Well if you aren't getting the full allotment can I split it with you? I love konkey and ews!!!!

Tifore and RUinOhio like this.
  35. invertalon

Trader

Already got quite a few PM's about this... I have a friend that is taking up the beer I am not personally buying, so all of my allotment is now accounted for!

36. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

Hoof stated that they weren't as supportive as EB have been. Both suck in situations like this. This is tame though compared to the way the shoe (Jordan, Yeezy) game works. The dollars are just as large if not much much larger in that game.

Jmalo, Tifore and wolfatyourdoor like this.
  37. gilligantrips

If you guys want to laugh, read some of the threads on the Facebook event page. So many people are butt hurt.

I did find one conversation interesting… I figured I would take an informal straw poll here. Do you guys think it would be fair to require everyone to pay upfront for the full allotment, or is there another method that would be better? I personally am not a huge fan, considering I often only buy one four pack of the non-DIPA offerings. I don't necessarily think it is ok to require "all or nothing" for a beer release, espcially when the avg price per pack is $15+.

Gibspeed likes this.
  38. Bugsmcl

Bugsmcl Aspirant (207) May 2, 2016 Ohio

I could see the price of tickets raised to the cost of 1 4-pack of each beer being offered for the release. So $30 for this one.

39. gilligantrips

Fitness Freak (not BA; I was told that's looking like October) and "I Must Look Like A Dork" are up next.

I was amazed at how many people showed up for the event and how quickly the draft line moved. EWS Citra rivals Galaxy, IMO.

I'm not trying to start any fights, but I think they've stopped the yeast bite for good. When EWS Citra was last released (Vic Secret, too) they had massive problems with it. I don't see much of the bite coming through.

Gibspeed likes this.
  40. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Zealot (576) Nov 15, 2009 Ohio
    Deactivated

Two months in a barrel? Who do they think they are, Hoppin' Frog?

Sorry, just trying to push all of the Great Lakes forum hot buttons with a single post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.