Hoof Hearted Brewing (2017)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by gilligantrips, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bugsmcl

Bugsmcl Zealot (744) May 2, 2016 Ohio

It had been over 5 weeks since that release. Some IPAs just hold up better with time.

2. Gibspeed

Gibspeed Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2017 Ohio

I only had the last Fwendz one on draft, but my Azaaca/Belma hung on forever. I think the last one I had was only the week before last and was really good still.

Tifore likes this.
  3. RUinOhio

RUinOhio Crusader (453) Nov 12, 2014 Ohio

always a first and that's what I get for not drinking it lol

4. Bugsmcl

Letting IPAs sit is a dangerous game! Some need a week and some need drank that day. The IPA game keeps me from haveing sober nights.

tepie and Gibspeed like this.
  5. jdoncbus

jdoncbus Pundit (919) Jun 17, 2006 Ohio

I have one Fwendz left, I'll see if I notice any deterioration. This will be the longest I have held onto a Hoof can.

RUinOhio and Gibspeed like this.
  6. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

IMO most HH hops hit the peak after one week and drop off precipitously after 2.5-3 weeks.

Whatever they do with EWS makes it super susceptible... I can notice a difference after 2wks. I left for vacation right after the Galaxy release and came back to some iffy beer.

You're not crazy; I though both the recent EWS/Fwendz releases weren't great and might have "fallen off" rather quickly.

RUinOhio likes this.
  7. RUinOhio

I found one can of Blabe last night and it was not perfect, but was actually still pretty good. Wonder if Dragonsaddle will last longer being 11.5%?

8. RUinOhio

not only that but they taste so damn good they call my name every night.

Gibspeed likes this.
  9. jdoncbus

jdoncbus Pundit (919) Jun 17, 2006 Ohio

Def was some hop drop-off on the Fwendz but it was still enjoyable; smoother than before with a lighter bite at the end. I assume HH does not put as much malt in their beer compared to other American IPAs, which is nice in the sense that you don't get that butterscotch sweetness from aging IPAs.

Like the displaced Silver Knight stated above, they are so damn good fresh and it looks like I have some drinking to do this weekend: Musk, Slippery, and Wangbar. Sure wish I had some DS though!

10. RUinOhio

Blabe in two weeks...anyone hear if its a double release or not?

11. Gibspeed

I saw Rose Gose with be with it, but not 100% sure.

12. RUinOhio

ah thanks....they have a lot of yann left I imagine? needed to skip a release, been blowing tons of cash down there lately.

13. Gibspeed

I had to skip it too, but I'd imagine there's a lot left. Between the weather, the fact people still have DSD wallet fatigue, and I saw Hoof post yesterday about "Non ticketed sales about to start at 4pm, come grab some!" lol.

14. Bugsmcl

I was there yesterday for the release. They most likely still have 100+ cases of Yann left. It was worth it to go for a growler fill of ba fitness freak. Only $22 for a 64oz growler!!! I think somebody forgot how to math on that one.

Ohiou84 and Gibspeed like this.
  15. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Uh...yeah, wtf?! It was $22 for 32oz in cans!

16. Gibspeed

FML now I'm seriously regretting not going. I love that beer so damn much.

Tifore and RUinOhio like this.
  17. RUinOhio

not sure why they picked yann for a double release. But that's good news, I should be back bright and early in 2 weeks.

Tifore, Ohiou84 and Gibspeed like this.
  18. Bugsmcl

Fun fact they fill a 2 litre growler for the same price as a 64oz. They also always fill above the fill line giving an extra 6 oz. so In reality it was 70oz for $22.

Tifore likes this.
  19. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

lol! They lost like $25 on that growler fill alone.

Tifore and Bugsmcl like this.
  20. Bugsmcl

This is very true!!!! Now I just need to get 4 friends together to drink it I’ll pass out half way through.

Ohiou84, Gibspeed and Sabtos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.