Hoof Hearted

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by AlienSwineFlu, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invertalon

invertalon Devotee (498) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

I am not saying that is ok... But think about it, the equipment is automated for the most part and if there was an issue with the sanitizer injector or whatever, it likely isn't easy to spot/detect that can that was filled excessively with sanitizer. It's not like they fill them by hand. They only grab the cans at the end and pack them up. Accidents happen, it's not like they did it on purpose... Come on now.

So because I am being logical and making perfect sense out of these "issues" is what is wrong with Hoof? Please dude, get off your horse.

JohnnyMc and Sabtos like this.
  2. tepie

tepie Initiate (80) Aug 26, 2015 Ohio

Was the sanitizer cloudy or clear?

mjacks9, PJ_, Bonis and 12 others like this.
  3. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,219) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

There's really only one consistent troll here who swore a blood oath against Hoof, otherwise its not too bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

4. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Ohio

You guys are right. The negativity is best left to Ryan, one of their brewers, and another Facebook tirade. This site is for gushing and affection.

5. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Disciple (343) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Hahahaha I would shake your hand right now if I could. So very well said. "Our beers trade for Tree House!" Worst words I've ever heard from a brewer.

6. scubastza

scubastza Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2013 Ohio

Link or copy/paste please.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  7. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

Some people in here just haven't yet realized that hating on Hoof is the cool thing to do these days.

Sabtos likes this.
  8. sculls65

sculls65 Aspirant (251) Dec 15, 2008 Michigan

Best post of the year. Thank you!! I will think of this and chuckle every time I need a laugh.

9. Bonis

Bonis Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2010 Ohio

Ok, while a can of sanitizer isn't necessarily scary from a harm perspective, it IS scary in that, as a consumer, I purchase a can of beer and receive a can of sanitizer. That's all I'm saying. Could you imagine cracking open a can of "beer", take a nice gulp and immediately projectile that shit all over the place because it tastes nothing like beer? That's a lost customer, I'd say. And you're right, you can't see through a can. I have no idea what kind of system they can on, but I would hope they have the option to push sanitizer out of system with CO2 or other means. A lot of breweries make mistakes, but just my 2 cents on this. You live.. & learn...

#1969 Bonis, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Cbusssted and GuyFawkes like this.
  10. gilligantrips

gilligantrips Initiate (82) Jun 4, 2015 Ohio

An Imperial Smoked Stout is in the pipeline. [​IMG]

JohnnyMc and Jmalo like this.
  11. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but I'm pretty certain none of us would drink that without getting a good whiff of it first. That's one of the best things about enjoying a good beer.

But other than that, I agree with you. I've honestly never heard of such a thing before, so that makes me think it's pretty messed up to do something like that.

Bonis and GuyFawkes like this.
  12. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

For you hoof hearted guys in the loop any idea how hard it might be to get miracle toast? Hoping to grab a few 4 packs for buddies to try and a few for myself never had it and this new batch sounds pretty good

#1972 ohiobeer29, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  13. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

I have a ticket for tomorrow's release I cannot use, send me a message if you want it

SheKnows and ohiobeer29 like this.
  14. Josbor11

Josbor11 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2013 Ohio

Anyone know if they cut off can sales right at 5:00 or does it linger a little afterwards? Was going to stop on the way home from NC but might not make it in time for the posted hours.

15. AC-DCBag

AC-DCBag Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2009 Ohio

One of the girls working behind the counter told me that Skin Froot will be released next week.

Sabtos likes this.
  16. gilligantrips

Hopefully that Wet Hopped Musk is the following week. I'd like to try Skin Froot, but I'll try to knock out two birds with one stone... they've been having the previous week's cans in Marengo fairly regularly.

The new DIPA is very good, but take my words with a grain of salt. It might be hyperbole to say I think this beer is on par with Trillium, but I honestly don't think I could tell the difference if it were placed in a blind tasting of two Trillium beers + IHWSH. To each his/her own, but I am certainly not trading this damn good beer. Bring on the trolls... :grinning:

Sabtos likes this.
  17. Sabtos

Society Trader

I really liked it too, fruity, spicy, but also pretty floral--something I'm not used to in a Hoofy brew but definitely welcome.

18. Sabtos

Society Trader

Speaking of nerdiness, something very important is really bugging me :rolling_eyes:

What movie or show is the little robot on the new can inspired by? The robot is short like R2D2, but with a clear top/head, but it's not Star Wars I'm thinking of. It keeps escaping me!

19. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

Its confirmed on the FB that it is Skin Froot on Sunday, the 25th.

Sabtos likes this.
  20. BrandonK

BrandonK Initiate (47) Jul 15, 2012 Indiana
    Trader

I believe it's Omnibot.

Sabtos likes this.
  21. jdregs

jdregs Initiate (0) May 23, 2016 Maryland

Oct 1 Hoof Hearted / RAR collab in cans in Cambridge MD

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  22. gilligantrips

Miracle Toast in cans will cost $14.99/4pk. Pricy for HH (probably due to the adjuncts). Release on Saturday starting at 11am.

ohiobeer29 likes this.
  23. gilligantrips

Dragonsaddle on the way. Hopefully in cans...

JohnnyMc and Sabtos like this.
  24. Mshull

Mshull Disciple (384) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio

Seems that skin froot isn't getting a whole lot of interest

25. Sabtos

Society Trader

It's good, reminds me a little of Liliko'i Kepolo. Between Miracle Toast at the brewpub the day before, all the other weekly releases, and the travel, not to mention Ohio still doesn't have a big hard on for sours, I was anticipating a much lighter crowd on this one.

VABA likes this.
  26. pest

pest Disciple (372) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Plus it's CBC creeper weekend. I know I'm lucky to get to attend one event, I know better than ask about two....

27. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

Yeah, did Wolf and Hoof last weekend. Can only buy so much.

28. gilligantrips

But is it hazy?

29. Wolfpac78

Wolfpac78 Initiate (128) Feb 18, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Anyone at the Brewpub now that can report how the Miracle Toast turn out is? I wanted to pick some up but can't head that way for a few hours. Any idea on how many cases are available?

30. gilligantrips

Just stopped there after the creeper release. I was told they "ran out", but were getting more...?

Didn't seem like there were that many people there. This release is poorly run in comparison to CBC. I don't get how the hell you don't have product on site when more obviously exists. You'd think the brewpub staff didn't know a release was happening today.

31. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

1 case per person limit and they "ran out" in 45 minutes?

32. gilligantrips

I was told they had more. In all likelihood, they left more cans in Marengo and had to bring them down to Columbus. I saw three people with a full case. All others had one or two 4pks. There weren't more than 100 total people at the brewpub... half were there for brunch rather than the release.

FWIW, I asked for cans at 11:20am.

#1992 gilligantrips, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  33. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Just checked at 2pm, they are out of Miracle Toast. Kind of surprised they had a one case offering if they didn't have enough to even last to the afternoon

34. Sabtos

Society Trader

Exactly. If they don't do cases at the brewery, why would they at the brewpub which is obviously closer in proximity to a higher population resulting in easier access. I wasn't down in Cbus today for it to affect me personally, just thought the case limit was weird.

VABA likes this.
  35. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

Called around 12:45 and was told they had two cases left and to hurry as it was moving quickly I picked up a few 4 packs but saw a few guys with cases as I was walking out.seems like it was a laid back release would be nice if they did more releases like this but maybe keep it to 3 4 packs max I just got lucky and happen to be in the area

36. gilligantrips

Nothing for next week in Marengo. Voltan the following week and then a two-day Dragonsaddle release. Wet-hopped Musk will be a brewpub canned release.

scubastza, ohiobeer29 and Sabtos like this.
  37. Nhens0016

Wow this changes everything. Any word when the wet hopped musk release will be? Also, two day for dragonsaddle? Did they state it would be two days of cans or what? This is awesome though regardless! Can't wait to have either or, or both!

scubastza likes this.
  38. Swettenham_Shire

Swettenham_Shire Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2014 Ohio

Dragonsaddle is LONG overdue. Their best. Hope they aren't cutting corners in the brewing process just to sell more...

39. gilligantrips

Musk is dependent upon a mobile canning line schedule (unknown so far on when they could make it to the brewpub). Likely in the next two weeks from what I was told.

40. Nhens0016

Damn, well I can only do weekend releases so hope it's on a weekend. I'll be going for dragonsaddle regardless though. I know not on the same level, but king Julius and dragonsaddle are my top two beers I want to try. Can't wait to get an opportunity to have it in a couple weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.