Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Hopslam- No Limit Purchase

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by SSGKIM, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jhillwastaken

Beer Trader

In DeKalb on Thursday, they said they weren't getting their Hopslam till next week.

2. bradner

Beer Trader

Thanks for the tip.

3. JakeT469

I heard the same thing. 30 cases isn't a lot by any means. So, I'm wondering how Prestige on the far North side got 3 cases as SSGKIM claims? Hmmmm... Sounds like the wonderful bottle shop(s) of good ol Dekalb

nachos likes this.
  4. cacbeer

There is a case limit at Binny's in Niles, not 2 six packs.

5. birchholz

Plenty at the Cardinal Liquor Barn in Oak Lawn.

6. Dontcounttoday

Beer Trader

Yup, plenty with no limit. One of the few places I know of that still has BCBS also, but the prices are jacked up a bit there.

Also, very weird liquor store for beer. The owners have very little knowledge about beer at all and was asking me what a Porter is....Also the beer is in no way organized. You will find a sixer of Hopslam in several places throughout the store. I am pretty sure he just places new 6 packs randomly wherever there is room.

7. PlayaPlaya

Hopslam is in Dekalb, right now, as I'm typing......It's at all the liquor stores and also at P.J.'s Courthouse Tavern in Sycamore, stop by, say Hi, I'll buy you a couple . . . .. . . . .
    ^Dragons Milk on tap coming very soon.
    ^ST Oat stout on tap right now.

D-Town representinnnnn' !!

8. birchholz

Yep, it's just odd. I live literally two blocks from this place in their craft beer offerings have grown exponentially in the past two years. Only I rarely end up buying anything there because their prices are typically $1-$2/ 6 pack more than Binnys. I'm torn because I'd love to support a local store, and I appreciate the convenience of having some decent beer just around the corner from me, but I can't justify spending more.

I don't think I've seen anyone buy craft beer there, only BMC or hard liquor. The owners seem pretty clueless, but there's a younger guy who's asked me what I like and recommendations for what to carry. If I had to guess, he's the one pushing the newer stuff. They've still got a ton of BCBS, but at $29.99/4pk and with their customer base, it's probably going to sit for a long time.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe